• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

One Week Owners Allowed to Reserve 13months ahead of time?

sanecitizen98

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
marriott maui ocean club
Prior to 2019, I owned 2 weeks of Marriott Timeshare (Maui) and always reserved 13months in advance. I am now down to 1 week and thought I would be limited to a reservation 12months in advance. However, yesterday I heard from someone that she has had success in reserving 13months in advance as a 1 week owner. Any guidance on whether this is possible ?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s always possible because it’s manual. There isn’t anything in the system that prevents a rep from doing it. They just know that they aren’t supposed to but there are quite a few undertrained reps.

Because you can string together 13+ reservations with multiple consecutive weeks this means they can probably reserve as far out as they want and there is no true “inventory release” like there is with our logins. There is only the reverse where someone is mysteriously blocking weeks from being reserved.

With a Florida club reservation it is supposed to be 6 months and 7 months with consecutive or concurrent. I’ve called before and asked the rep to tell me the available dates. They didn’t stop at 7 months out. They kept reading dates off that were 8 and 9 months out. On the flip side I called a couple months ago and a rep said I could only do 6 months. I said trust me with multiple weeks I can book 7 months and they can ask a supervisor. They said ok and did it without asking a supervisor.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Not supposed to be able do it, unless it's a split lockoff.....if otherwise
(Florida Club, I have no clue), it's a mistake on someone's part.

I would feel guilty doing it, knowing it was keeping someone else from legitimately receiving
a couple of units at 13 months.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not supposed to be able do it, unless it's a split lockoff.....if otherwise
(Florida Club, I have no clue), it's a mistake on someone's part.

I would feel guilty doing it, knowing it was keeping someone else from legitimately receiving
a couple of units at 13 months.
Jim, even 2 weeks with a lockoff isn't supposed to be able to be done at 13 months out.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Jim, even 2 weeks with a lockoff isn't supposed to be able to be done at 13 months out.

(Dean, I'm jme, not Jim)

Yes you can...but only if you split them and make consecutive or concurrent weeks----- that's the only way.
If used separately (booking different non-consec or non-concurrent times), however, you cannot do it at 13 months.
BUT you can subsequently trade one in and use EPlus re-trade & make use of upgrades.
Getting the dates set at 13 mos for me is imperative.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Occupy your home resort: Each year, you may choose to vacation at your home resort within your designated season. If you purchased floating time, you'll need to confirm a reservation first.

Multiple week Owners reserving at least two weeks either consecutively or concurrently may make a reservation beginning 13 months in advance. Owners who are booking one week may make a reservation 12 months in advance. To view specific dates when you may make your reservation, click here.

If you have the option to lock off your home resort villa, you can divide it into two smaller villas which allows you to spend two weeks at your home resort within your season owned – a week in the master portion and a week in the lock-off portion. Or, you may be able to deposit one portion of your lock-off within Interval International.”
http://pages.email1.marriott-vacati...article=asktheexpert&campaign=2013-jul&state=

Reactions: jme

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
(Dean, I'm jme, not Jim)

Yes you can...but only if you split them and make consecutive or concurrent weeks----- that's the only way.
If used separately (booking different non-consec or non-concurrent times), however, you cannot do it at 13 months.
BUT you can subsequently trade one in and use EPlus re-trade & make use of upgrades.
Sorry, second time I've done that Marty. As noted, there is some variability but technically my understanding is the same as Barry's, you must be reserving from 2 different ownerships to do the 13 months out.

Last edited:

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
Can I make consecutive reservations at two different resorts at 13 months?

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I make consecutive reservations at two different resorts at 13 months?
Yes, you can even make concurrent reservations thousands of miles apart, I've done it several times for HHI and HI.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
(Dean, I'm jme, not Jim)

This is a classic example of a rep maybe doing it but really not supposed to. You have to be an actual multiple week owner and reserving at least two weeks of actual ownership in order to technically be within the 13 month rules. Now, could you do it this way and use one half from one ownership and the other half from another? My guess is yes, especially if you get the right rep. But a single week owner simply locking off definitely does not meet the definition of the 13 month rules.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a classic example of a rep maybe doing it but really not supposed to. You have to be an actual multiple week owner and reserving at least two weeks of actual ownership in order to technically be within the 13 month rules. Now, could you do it this way and use one half from one ownership and the other half from another? My guess is yes, especially if you get the right rep. But a single week owner simply locking off definitely does not meet the definition of the 13 month rules.
As I understand it and how I believe the rule is supposed to be enforced is one is booking concurrent or consecutive weeks from different weeks owned. But you could book 2 studios week 7/8 and two 1BR week 10/11 if one wanted but you'd have to wait until 13 months out for the second reservation. I do not believe that owning 2 weeks but only using a single unit locked off would qualify as the rule is supposed to be administered. I have seen one or 2 examples of them correcting a mistake after the fact over the years pertaining to this rule.

I do remember a couple of lively thread's on the issue of whether the ownership had to all be at that resort to use the 13 month rule years ago.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

I do own many multiple weeks and do consecutive/concurrent weeks each year. I also have a lockoff which I split and use both units consecutively. In order to be within the rules, I have called Owner Services at least three times over the past two years to seek an answer on this specific question, and each time I have been advised that one can indeed split a lockoff into 2 units and book them consecutively at 13 months.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do own many multiple weeks and do consecutive/concurrent weeks each year. I also have a lockoff which I split and use both units consecutively. In order to be within the rules, I have called Owner Services at least three times over the past two years to seek an answer on this specific question, and each time I have been advised that one can indeed split a lockoff into 2 units and book them consecutively at 13 months.
That's true but you must be booking also with something else to create the 13 month option.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am not arguing that it can't be done. A rep can really do anything they want. But the terms specifically refer to multiple week owners. Locking off a single ownership week is not the same thing as owning and using two weeks, which legitimately can be used to book four consecutive weeks nearly hitting the 14 month mark.