• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] Opinions on using Redweek full service to sell a timeshare (2018 thread)

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I'm beginning the process of positioning myself to sell off or give away one more of our timeshares. In the past I've been able to deed back two of them and give one away to friends. However, this one I'll probably need to go thru the process of advertising it to find a taker.

I'm not well versed in the paperwork nor do I really want to spend a lot of time negotiating, making calls and chasing down necessary information. To that end I'm considering Redweeks full service, which is suppose to employee a broker at the cost of $125 up front and $399 or 3% of the selling price on the back end.

While this isn't a huge amount of money to us and is worth it assuming I don't have to handle much of the paperwork et.... I was wondering what the experience or thoughts were of other TUG members who may have had an opportunity to use this service and/or transfer ownership to someone you don't know.

I recall seeing one negative thread on TUG that complained Redweek's brokers fell down on the job and that person was dissatisfied. Is that the general consensus or was it more a one time deal with that particular TUGGER just having the rare poor experience?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I have just started the process of buying a timeshare that was listed under the Redweek Full Service. I haven't made an offer yet, but have asked some questions. I was assigned a broker and was told they would contact me within two business days. That was Thursday evening, so it hasn't been two business days yet (that would be tonight around 10:30 ET), but there has been no contact except for the robo reply letting me know who my broker is and when to expect contact from them.

Since this is my first purchase, I have never been through this process before. The only thing I can compare it to is when I bought my house 18 years ago and I'm sure the process now is different than when I bought.

I saw that thread as well. Maurice from Redweek was in that thread and it seems that he was receptive to what was being said.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
I had mixed feelings about the full service rental program, and contacted Redweek about them. I was pleasantly surprised that the owner, Maurice, contacted me. He has subsequently posted on TUG, answering many questions that we all had, but more importantly he is listening to suggestions. I believe that their full service programs continue to evolve. If there is something you don't like, contact them and see if they can alter it for your case.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had mixed feelings about the full service rental program, and contacted Redweek about them. I was pleasantly surprised that the owner, Maurice, contacted me. He has subsequently posted on TUG, answering many questions that we all had, but more importantly he is listening to suggestions. I believe that their full service programs continue to evolve. If there is something you don't like, contact them and see if they can alter it for your case.

Listening to suggestions and evolving 'full service' into something worth paying for are two different things.

I was interested in a week listed with the 'full service' (or NO service) program. Still waiting for any kind of contact other than the robo email.

I can't believe people are paying extra for this, you better believe my propensity to offer on this listing is being reduced by the hour. I reached out to three other sellers who are advertising their week. Guess what - ALL of them have responded back to me.

Why are people sucked into this service? At least if I don't get a response from the actual seller, they have no one to blame for a lost sale but themselves. I wonder how many paid extra for this and don't even realize it may be costing them a sale?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am purchasing through a seller using Redweek Full Service and was experiencing the same issues as you (almost a week before I reached out). I started a conversation with @mla and @tink10 and they replied very quickly. I reached out to them Wednesday of last week and we are now on the contract phase of our purchase.

I’m not sure it’s a good business model as I was getting pretty frustrated, but they do seem to be trying to make it work. If the purchase is worth it, I would reach out to them and start a conversation.

BTW - @mla is Maurice.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
I agree with the other comments as I am trying to purchase a Temptation / BlueBay Getaway / Premier Resorts / Desire older contract.

I received the email reply from a Redweek rep on my enquiry for a contract I am interested in and was surprised how much of a barrier they seem to be creating to connecting buyers with the needed information from sellers.

I don’t buy sight unseen so a reps minor understanding of the contract explained in his words in an email mean little to me when I am purchasing a contract. Let’s see the contract !!

Will update my post based on the reply and next steps - I’m all go forward and get details so I can determine the value to me before offering and Redweek is saying I can’t see squat until I own it.

Below is an excerpt of our correspondence so far

Me:

Is the original contract available with the seller for my review prior to making an offer?

Redweek:

Only after you make an offer and your offer is accepted by the seller and only upon request from the seller and after contract is signed.

These guys are perpetuating the reputation of timeshare sales - as if.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem is that it is not full service in any sense of the term. Full service would be signing over a POA and not worrying about a thing after that. There are services that do that but unfortunately most of them are handling trade ins. Redweek doesn’t really do anything except regurgitate the information between buyer and seller. Are they even handling the closing? No, they are not.

It takes one or two emails directly from a buyer to have an informal agreement in principle on price. Then LT Transfers handles the rest. You don’t have to prepare a single document. LT Transfers does it all. Red Week full service adds more work having to explain everything to someone in the middle.

In short I get far better service for a far lower price by using LT Transfers than Redweek FS. It isn’t even close.

VanX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
I agree with the other comments as I am trying to purchase a Temptation / BlueBay Getaway / Premier Resorts / Desire older contract.

I received the email reply from a Redweek rep on my enquiry for a contract I am interested in and was surprised how much of a barrier they seem to be creating to connecting buyers with the needed information from sellers.

I don’t buy sight unseen so a reps minor understanding of the contract explained in his words in an email mean little to me when I am purchasing a contract. Let’s see the contract !!

Will update my post based on the reply and next steps - I’m all go forward and get details so I can determine the value to me before offering and Redweek is saying I can’t see squat until I own it.

Below is an excerpt of our correspondence so far

Me:

Is the original contract available with the seller for my review prior to making an offer?

Redweek:

Only after you make an offer and your offer is accepted by the seller and only upon request from the seller and after contract is signed.

These guys are perpetuating the reputation of timeshare sales - as if.

I’m pleased to report that Redweek has shared with me the full details of the contract for sale and is now enabling me to conduct the review needed to determine the potential value of what is listed for sale.

Way to go Redweek with adapting to my request.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m pleased to report that Redweek has shared with me the full details of the contract for sale and is now enabling me to conduct the review needed to determine the potential value of what is listed for sale.

Way to go Redweek with adapting to my request.

Yes but the resistance is one of the problems with the service. They probably don’t want a buyer to know the details because then the buyer could go to the seller directly. It drives me nuts when 3rd party arrangements similar to this are resistant to disclosing information. If the seller acted this way and didn’t want to disclose information buyers would run like the wind.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Really, I think if you are willing to take a little time, listing on TUG Merketplace (aka free!) is your best option. If you have something that has at least a $1 value, then selling on TUG is by far the easiest. I have only sold two weeks so far, but very easy and both were sold within a week. I find that buyers through the TUG Marketplace have a little more knowledge of the process and understand the ins and outs more. Of course, the same could be true for Redweek.

I don't think you are really getting a lot when you go for this so called "Full Service" product. I think they add an added layer of frustration. Really with a DIY model, there really isn't a lot of trouble responding to a few emails. It also helps to write up[ a well thought out ad for the listing that includes all the details like; Last MF Paid, Next Use Year, Week, Unit Number, Season, Number of Points (if applicable), what kind of trades or internal reservations were you able to make (for mini system). List everything you can think of and you will limit the number of questions you will get.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Redweek full service really does employ brokers and if you are selling something that is fairly common and straight forward I don't think it adds that much frustration and Redweek has done a pretty good job at marketing the idea that the transaction is more secure. The problem comes with a complicated system or a little resort that the broker has never come in contact with. The broker is also dealing with owners who don't know what they own or how the system works in some cases so it really isn't that much more frustrating than dealing with the clueless buyer directly.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would definitely not use redweek to sell a timeshare. I did purchase a week through redweek, but it took longer than it would have taken if I had worked directly with the owner. You can advertise on redweek, and use timeshare transfer to do the actual transfer process. Redweek has been very good about responding to what people say on TUG, but they don't have the experience to understand what they are selling, and how to work with the different timeshare companies.

Maryland_jim

TUG Member
Reaction score
if I place a Tug ad to sell timeshare, where do I go to locate closing company?
Thanks
Jim

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just noticed this is the response when putting an offer thru Redweek

Thank you for your interest in Purchase Offer - RedWeek.com Posting Xxxx. Because this is a full-service resale, xxxxx from RedWeek Real Estate, will act as an intermediary between you and the owner. Please expect a response from Xxxxx within 2 business days.

Wondering if 2 business days encompasses Monday to Friday. I hope not, Full service should be 7 days a week. A person puts an offer in Friday Morning. If this means they are off Saturday and Sunday and they will get back to you by Tuesday....just think too much time passes and the customer can get quicker answers and make a deal elsewhere.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just noticed this is they response when putting an offer thru Redweek

Thank you for your interest in Purchase Offer - RedWeek.com Posting Xxxx. Because this is a full-service resale, xxxxx from RedWeek Real Estate, will act as an intermediary between you and the owner. Please expect a response from Xxxxx within 2 business days.

Wondering if 2 business days encompasses Monday to Friday. I hope not, Full service should be 7 days a week. A person puts an offer in Friday Morning. If this means they are off Saturday and Sunday and they will get back to you by Tuesday....just think too much time passes and the customer can get quicker answers and make a deal elsewhere.

It’s Monday through Friday, at least for your questions to be answered.

jjlovecub

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s Monday through Friday, at least for your questions to be answered.

This service is terrible even as a buyer. I made a serious inquiry almost a week ago with no response. When I do these things on my own I respond within hours. This buyer lost out on what would have been a sale but I have sinced moved on

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just noticed this is the response when putting an offer thru Redweek

As a follow up I did acquire a week as a buyer through Redweek full service. All went well. The agent was good, closing could have been faster but seller paid for closing so no complaints. I am use to the speed of lt transfers. Bottom line is I would use as a buyer full service again.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
As a follow up I did acquire a week as a buyer through Redweek full service. All went well. The agent was good, closing could have been faster but seller paid for closing so no complaints. I am use to the speed of lt transfers. Bottom line is I would use as a buyer full service again.

Agree with Panina as a buyer I would use Redweek full service again. Executed 4 purchases with Redweek in 2018. They were slower to close (30 - 45 days) than my other resale purchases through the Worldwide Timeshare Hypermarket (must pay in GBP) and Timeshare Broker Services (high closing fees).

VanX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
We are using Redweek to purchase and the closing speed is amazing to us.

We signed the offer Nov 16 and here we sit January 28 and it hasn’t closed yet. Yes this is the same contracted I wrote about in June.

It’s a deal worth the wait but there is also 200K expiring RCI points that would be transferring to us if they can get this done soon - we included a rapid close and full points transfer to us as part of the final sale offer price so RedWeek might just be taking money out of the deal for their client if they keep moving so slow.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
We are using Redweek to purchase and the closing speed is amazing to us.

We signed the offer Nov 16 and here we sit January 28 and it hasn’t closed yet. Yes this is the same contracted I wrote about in June.

It’s a deal worth the wait but there is also 200K expiring RCI points that would be transferring to us if they can get this done soon - we included a rapid close and full points transfer to us as part of the final sale offer price so RedWeek might just be taking money out of the deal for their client if they keep moving so slow.

Speed of closing is a challenge at Redweek some of which could be due to the sellers response. Also the closing company they use makes you have the HOTA notarized. Neither one of the other closing companies I used required this and they still completed the sales 30 - 45 days ahead of the Redweek purchases. Frustrating to take time to find a notary and pay the fee when it is not required (maybe some properties do)?

In the end I am happy with the Redweek purchases and prices negotiated.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Speed of closing is a challenge at Redweek some of which could be due to the sellers response. Also the closing company they use makes you have the HOTA notarized. Neither one of the other closing companies I used required this and they still completed the sales 30 - 45 days ahead of the Redweek purchases. Frustrating to take time to find a notary and pay the fee when it is not required (maybe some properties do)?

In the end I am happy with the Redweek purchases and prices negotiated.

I felt the same way. My process as a buyer was from the beginning of June through the beginning of October or a little over 120 days. They did make me get something notarized (I can’t quite remember), but I did that free at my credit union. I do know the sellers were slow in responding, waited exactly 10 days to sign the contract after we did and, in general, seemed to be the cause of the delay. The broker said they were waiting for paperwork on the MF’s, but that should have been on the estoppel.
The title company? SLOW and very little communication. HGVC responded to the ROFR on August 18 and we didn’t know until early September that it passed (we knew it would as it’s The Flamingo, but it still would have been nice to know where we were in the process).

If we didn’t get a good deal, we would have walked away before we signed the contract. In the end, we are happy because we got what we’d wanted at a great price. Would I buy from the next again? Sure, if it was a great price. I know what to expect and would request LT Transfers do the closing. We wanted title insurance on this purchase so LT wasn’t an option for us.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What does HOTA mean?
Marriott requires a signed Holiday Ownership Transfer Agreement (HOTA) by both the buyer and seller to complete the transaction.