• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oregon Coast or Bust

Silkrun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I''ve just finished planning my 2019 Summer Vacation and filing my 2018 taxes! Now I'm ready to work on 2020 Summer Vacation. I'm thing about the Oregon Coast for 2020. I have a Hawaiian timeshare to exchange.

My question is, which exchange company would most likely find me an exchange on the Oregon Coast?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Worldmark has 3 Resorts on the Oregon Coast - Depoe Bay, Gleneden, and Seaside. Also Long Beach WA just over the border/Columbia River. Worldmark trades in both II and RCI.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your best bet would be a private exchange with a worldmark owner. Even we hav a tough time getting oceanfront Oregon in the summer. I did manage to score a week at Seaside this summer by getting up at 6 am 13 months out. Even this is hard to get.
joan

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
While Worldmark has most of the Coast timeshares, any summer week would be an anomaly. WM mostly deposits off season weeks within about 9-10 months. I've never seen a summer week. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but it's rare enough that I wouldn't count on it. Booking for WM owners is very competitive and difficult to book so an exchange would be difficult. However, there is a healthy rental market, which makes booking by an owner difficult so that may be an option for you. Put in a request and see what comes up, then try for a private exchange and then rent as a last resort.
Non-WM timeshares are in Newport, Lincoln City, Rockaway Beach, Cape Kiwanda and Cannon Beach. Location wise, the latter 2 are better. There are more at Rockaway Beach so more of a chance to get those, but I don't like the area much. The Embarcadero in Newport is partially timeshares and partially privately owned with quite a few rentals. It's back on the bay and not on the ocean but it's more centrally located if you want to drive up and down the coast.

Sue

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not timeshare, but we have had success with VRBO on the Oregon Coast.

Jim

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I''ve just finished planning my 2019 Summer Vacation and filing my 2018 taxes! Now I'm ready to work on 2020 Summer Vacation. I'm thing about the Oregon Coast for 2020. I have a Hawaiian timeshare to exchange.

My question is, which exchange company would most likely find me an exchange on the Oregon Coast?

Worldmark is 13 months out for most of summer season with four resorts on the Oregon Coast. Seaside is my favorite. Gleneden , Depot Bay and Schooner Landing are all pretty good too.

Vacation Internationale is 12 months out for summer season with one resort called the Embarcadero in Newport. It sits in a bay near the ocean.

Both VI and WM have resorts on the WA coast.

What Hawaiian timeshare do you have and how far out can you reserve ? I'm always intrigued by a possible trade.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
It wouldn't work for me because I am planning 2020. 2019 is all planned out.

Bill

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Platinum Interchange manages Schooner Landing now in Newport - thus, they might be able to get you a summer week even next year. Call and ask for Carmen. We're going to Schooner landing this year in June , it turned out to be an easy exchange for us too!!!!
800-854-2324 EXT. 123 MON-FRI 6AM-3PM PST

(PS deposit your week and you get a bonus week too - we use them all the time.)

Silkrun

TUG Member
Reaction score
A big "thank you" to everyone who has replied. The collective TUG wisdom has given me a lot of options to consider. Thanks again!

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We got an exchange into Otter Rock thru RCI a few years back, and loved it - then a piggybacked week at one in Lincoln City, I think it was Sandpiper, loved it as well. These were in August, I'll mention that lots of fog impeded views some days and we were advised that Sept is better for sunny weather and clearer views along the coast.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also stayed at Otter Rock. Had an exchange request in and it kept coming up; we kept turning it down. As time got closer, we accepted it and loved the resort. One of our favorites. Also got Rockaway Beach and loved it. Neither one was one of our main choices, but loved both resorts and hope to return someday.

Tahiya

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't get the timeshares you're looking for, there are number of nice campgrounds on the Oregon coast that have Yurts. Just do a Google search for Oregon coast campgrounds with Yurts. Yurts are kind of like camping where you don't have to bring a tent or a bed--just sheets, pillows, and a blanket. For summer, you can book them 9 months ahead, which I recommend, since they're very popular.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
May 1, 2020 2 bd/2BA in Schooner Landing available right now in Platinum Interchange.

They manage Schooner Landing now so it is very likely to be able to get a unit. We've gone every summer the last 4 years with PI! They were not available from RCI.

Free to join, then call to request - you can request before depositing.
You will get two weeks for one deposit.

We are now at the best timeshare we have ever been in here in Palm Springs which we got as a bonus week from them.

Carmen is the gal who seems to know the most, here extension is 123. (Tll her I sent you - she'l like that) NO, I don't work for them or get anything for referring people - I just love to have more people use PI, so I can get more nice trades too since they do have a small inventory!