• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando taxi baby car seat ?

Tradetimes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

we are going to orlando next week end with our 2 years ol boys. We want to take the taxi for MCO to Marriott's, do you know if taxi have baby car seat, or i must use other way to go?

thanks

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I just did a quick check. It does look like Florida requires a car seat, even in a taxi.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A car seat in a taxi is likely to be dirty and possibly even damaged - take your own car seats. I believe that your two year olds will have to have their own seats on the plane (?), so I would put them in their car seats on the plane. They will be more content, and won't have the urge to get down and run around.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
That’s how we flew with my daughter when she was younger. You can strap it into plane seat just like in a car with the seat belt. Be sure to ask the flight attendant for a seat belt extension as it makes it much easier to undo when you get to your destination.

At least you know you can trust your own car seats. We are taking both of ours to Hawaii in April. For use in taxis and rental cars while on vacation.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I know this sounds insensitive... it is, but here goes...
How can you enjoy a vacation if you're carting rug-rats around with you?
At that age, they won't enjoy it, either. I say: Leave 'em home with a relative.
</grumpus>

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A car seat in a taxi is likely to be dirty and possibly even damaged - take your own car seats. I believe that your two year olds will have to have their own seats on the plane (?), so I would put them in their car seats on the plane. They will be more content, and won't have the urge to get down and run around.

yes.....this! Kids are safer in their car seats on the plane and those rental car seats are dirty and who knows how many times they have been thrown around and may no longer be the safest. I know it can seem impossible to deal with the seats on the plane - but we found it very easy. At airport arrival we just put the car seat into/onto the stroller. Then just wheeled the stroller all the way down to entrance of the plane. The stroller was taken at the plane door for check and we walked the car seat onto the plane.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
At that age, they won't enjoy it, either. I say: Leave 'em home with a relative.
</grumpus>

Happy I wasn't your child.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
</grumpus>
To travel with your children is to see the world afresh through their eyes!

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never made my daughter sit in a car seat on the plane. Seems like a hassle. We gate check the car seat along with the stroller and its there waiting for us when we De-plane. We have also just checked it with our regular bags too, so we don't have to carry it all the way to the gate. Either way works just fine.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
</grumpus>

My wife and I love to travel, and we love to share those experiences with our young children. Those are memories that last a lifetime (mainly just for us at the younger ages.) Our 9 month old has already visited 8 states. The 5 year old- 15 states and the Bahamas.

Don't get me wrong we take trips alone too, because adult time is also important, but we enjoy plenty of vacations carting around our rug rats! YMMV.