• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ovation Experience

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who have dealt with Wyndham's Ovation Program:

1) What is it helpful to know before calling?

2) I have a contract with no 2018 points left. Is it worth calling now or should I wait until I have points available? (i.e., has anyone had Wyndham take back a contract that they had already used this year's points from?)

3) What is the normal timeline for Wyndham to take back a contract?

4) Is this an "all or none" deal? In other words if you own multiple contracts can you just seek to unload 1 or 2 of them?

5) Does have contracts that you purchased through resale make any difference in this process?

Richard

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Ovation will take back deeds purchased resale but only if it is something they want.

No you don't have to give back everything.

From what I was told and what other people have posted once you return your completed paperwork it doesn't take long. Maybe two months tops, sorry not sure. Nothing like as long as it takes to get a deed transferred to a new owner when you are buying or selling resale deeds.

If you bought developer and it is a deed they want you may be offered the use of the points for a year or even several years in exchange for your deed. If it is resale and something they want they won't likely offer anything but to take it back.

OP may be able to offer more info and if it is best to wait to call since you've used the 2018 points.

Reaction score
I turned in a developer purchased deed. It took about 6 weeks to get the paperwork done. Once they accept their offer, you cannot use ANY existing upcoming reservations that were used with the deed that was turned in. However, the quicker you make the call, you might could save a maintenance fee payment.

When you call, ask about the Limited Edition program. Wyndham will give you 3 years use of points and you will keep your current VIP level. Keep in mind that there will probably be 3 months at least before your new points begin if they offer you this.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know if under the Limited Edition Program the inventory reservations are drawn from are dedicated to the program?

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
My experience was all points had to be used and nothing set for future use, wait six months before using their offer, pay for use, no discounts, or upgrades but no more fees after signing. I did turn in one Deed because the program fee was so much, $80 for 77,000 points, as it was for 126,000 points which to me didn't make sense. At least removing it from my total points still kept me silver VIP.. Since then I have not wanted to sell my UDI's as I felt value would return and now with the split, I feel it has not monetarily but vacation planning since all inventory is not booked by rentals.

Reaction score
Do you know if under the Limited Edition Program the inventory reservations are drawn from are dedicated to the program?
I have attached the resort list where you cam use the Limited Edition points. You cannot use your points for anything else except reservations at those resorts.

Attachments

• Resort List.pdf
    177.8 KB · Views: 248

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I have attached the resort list where you cam use the Limited Edition points. You cannot use your points for anything else except reservations at those resorts.

I didn't think the list would be that extensive! Clearwater and Austin, the newest resorts, aren't on it but the list may change over time to include them.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I believe Clearwater is on the list - first one in Florida.

My bad. It confuses me when people people refer to the Clearwater resort as being in Tampa. So what do I do but look at the bottom of the list and don't see Clearwater listed under Tampa. Head slap!

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I called Wyndham Ovation today. Here was my experience:

1) I waited for 30 minutes to talk with someone. No biggie. I called from my office and had them on speaker phone while I worked.
2) They were very gracious and easy to talk with.
3) After a couple of brief periods on hold while my account was accessed, I was told that both of my contracts qualified for Ovation. (I own at Pagosa and Fairfield Glade).
4) I was told the process would take 6-8 weeks. During that time I would need to pay my monthly MFs to keep the account current. Any existing reservations would be forfeited.
5) In regards to Wyndham Points deposited with RCI, points would be forfeited.....BUT, if I had reservations with those points, the reservations would not be forfeited.
6) Ovation was not concerned about my current use year points, HOWEVER, in order to move forward with Ovation, all points for the next 2 years (2019 & 2020) need to be in place.

In our case, we have already borrowed and used some points from 2019.....so we cannot move forward with Ovation unless we "buy" from Wyndham to get back to the full 2019 allotment.

The rep told me I was welcome to call back in January, and assuming Ovation still exists and they still are willing to take back my contracts, I could do the deal then. So, I am leaning towards using the remainder of my 2019 points and calling back in January to turn in the contracts.

Richard

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
UPDATE:

The rep told me I was welcome to call back in January, and assuming Ovation still exists and they still are willing to take back my contracts, I could do the deal then. So, I am leaning towards using the remainder of my 2019 points and calling back in January to turn in the contracts.

Richard

Assuming they still exist? Was that their words?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Can I ask how you got this list?

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming they still exist? Was that their words?

Not an exact quote. The rep. was letting me know that the offer may not be available in the future. I took that to mean that either:

a) The list of resorts the "take back" may change.

b) The Ovation Program is not guaranteed to stay in place. In the ever changing world of Wyndham, they can change this up at any time.

Richard

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Not an exact quote. The rep. was letting me know that the offer may not be available in the future. I took that to mean that either:

a) The list of resorts the "take back" may change.

b) The Ovation Program is not guaranteed to stay in place. In the ever changing world of Wyndham, they can change this up at any time.

Richard

The list always changes. It depends on what they can sell at the time, and what they decide they need to add to the trust. So if they are short on. Bransom points, they will take Branson. It they have to much, they decline it.

Yes, Wyndham is constantly changing things, but I doubt they will get rid of Ovations anytime soon. People are giving back inventory they can turn around and sell. Wyndham pays nothing for it, and they can make 10’s of thousands of dollars for it. The rules may change. What they take will defiantly change, but I don’t think it will go away anytime soon.