• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Overlapping reservations

DRIless

Reaction score
So, latest iteration of Wyndham website warns about an overlapping vacation when you book, tells you that you have x amount of time to put guest name on one of them. IF it doesn't warn about overlaps at booking time, is it then OK and it will not be cancelled under the rules?

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had overlapping reservations for several months with no warning message, and so far they have not been cancelled. But that is no guarantee. I guess they could be cancelled with reference to the rule.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I don't trust the system. I don't leave overlapping reservations, whether the system is warning me or not.

I've seen it just about any which way:
- get a warning at booking
- after booking, get an alert
- after booking, i've had overlapping and don't see an alert

I clear up any alerts and also watch for duplicates the system hasn't flagged.

I'll update my comment - I don't leave overlapping reservations if I care about them. I have had some that were overlapping that didn't have an alert (as north indicated he has). I haven't had any be cancelled.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had three reservations cancelled without warning due to overlapping.

What makes it particularly galling is that the website will fail to show some reservations based on how I index the display (by resorts, or by nearest reservation dates). And other reservations will show duplicates and if you react to that and cancel one, it cancels the duplicate as well. So I have to cross reference each reservation to see if it truly is an overlapping one or if it is just Wyndham's piece of crap website issues.

Wyndham is aware of the issue and the patent lunacy of canceling reservations when there is no definitive way to verify my reservations. But they don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
When Wyndham removed duplicate owner names from member accounts they missed mine. I still have three versions of my name (full first name, short version, and Jr. ) making it possible to make 3 overlapping reservations. They are all on one contract and so far I haven't had a problem with overlaps. If someone had multiple contracts associated with multiple member numbers they could probably make overlapping reservations without cancellation.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
When Wyndham removed duplicate owner names from member accounts they missed mine. I still have three versions of my name (full first name, short version, and Jr. ) making it possible to make 3 overlapping reservations. They are all on one contract and so far I haven't had a problem with overlaps. If someone had multiple contracts associated with multiple member numbers they could probably make overlapping reservations without cancellation.

Probably not a good idea to post this online if you want to keep it.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
I just last week had a duplicate name removed without notice. I still have 1 reservation intact with that name but I can no longer choose it as an option.

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 3 reservations in the near future where the middle one overlaps the other 2 by a day on each end. Both my wife and I are owners in the system, but my wife will arrive at the end of the second reservation. At the moment I have the reservations set up like this to avoid overlapping in the system:

Res. A - I check-in (I travel)
Res. B - Wife check-in (I travel and wife arrives at the end of the stay)
Res. C - I check-in (Wife and I both travel)

I seem to remember another thread saying it doesn't matter which owner checks-in. Is that correct, or should I use one of my remaining guest certificates and put a version of my name on it for res. A and switch check-in owner on B and C?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some resorts we have used give minimal grief when a owner other than the one listed as traveler checks in. None have refused to do it.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I have 3 reservations in the near future where the middle one overlaps the other 2 by a day on each end. Both my wife and I are owners in the system, but my wife will arrive at the end of the second reservation. At the moment I have the reservations set up like this to avoid overlapping in the system:

I seem to remember another thread saying it doesn't matter which owner checks-in. Is that correct, or should I use one of my remaining guest certificates and put a version of my name on it for res. A and switch check-in owner on B and C?

As long as A and C don't overlap you will be fine with that so there is no need to use a guest reservation for any of the reservations.

If all three reservations are at the same resort then a couple days beforehand I would call or even when you get to the resort I would explain that you really only need one unit for the whole stay and they may be able to keep you in the same unit so you don't have to move. You would sacrifice the overlap days but you probably don't care about that.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

It has mattered at some resorts. Others not at all and a few did not as it was me.

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your experiences with overlapping reservations. My reservations are at 3 different resorts, and I'm fine about the extra points that I will use.

I wish Wyndham would allow overlapping by one night. It is the owners that are paying for the empty beds at night.