• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Own SVR 1BR, any way to book a 2BR?

LutherL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a relatively new owner of a 1BR (floating) in Cascades at Sheraton Vistana Resort. I have never used it before, but was planning to go in 2020. However, since more of my family would like to go, I'd trying to determine if there is any way to trade the 1BR for a 2BR (at the same resort). It doesn't seem feasible to trade in RCI (I have a membership) due to the discrepancy in TPU.

Is it possible with additional fees through II? I also thought I read somewhere about an internal exchange through Vistana, but I'm not too sure about that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a relatively new owner of a 1BR (floating) in Cascades at Sheraton Vistana Resort. I have never used it before, but was planning to go in 2020. However, since more of my family would like to go, I'd trying to determine if there is any way to trade the 1BR for a 2BR (at the same resort). It doesn't seem feasible to trade in RCI (I have a membership) due to the discrepancy in TPU.

Is it possible with additional fees through II? I also thought I read somewhere about an internal exchange through Vistana, but I'm not too sure about that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I'm not a SVR owner, but do you have Staroptions with which you can reserve a larger villa at 8 months out? If you go to Vistana.com, you'll be able to see the number of SO that you will need to book a larger villa. Otherwise, II would be a good option, if you make an OGS (ongoing search) for what you want. If you go the II route, be sure to place your request as early as possible. Good luck! CJ

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
If you go with a trade through II, you would pay an exchange fee plus a unit size upgrade of $99. I put in for an ongoing search yesterday and it was $209. Vistana to Vistana trades are less money but I'm not sure of the price- $169? You didn't say when you were planning on going in 2020 but you might want to be on the lookout for a getaway there. We snagged a 2 br getaway for last week that was only $200 for the week. Prime summer and holiday weeks will be a lot more money though. We have a Platinum membership in II and it was during one of their platinum escapes offers but something like this would be less costly than an exchange and you'd have even more room. If you don't need that much room, you could always put your ownership week into II and have a 2nd vacation sometime.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
As @Fredward indicated, you need to use II. I would definitely check the Getaways. I’ve picked up deals that way instead of trading and upgrading for more $$$$.

LutherL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I'm not sure it's worth the II membership fee, exchange fee and unit size upgrade fee, but I will consider that option. Thanks!