• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner's Update NV

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
(Warning: this is a cross-posting I wrote in the Vidanta Owner's FB group with a minimal amount of editing. If you've read it there, please ignore. ;) )

I wanted to share our experience with the owner's update tour at NV.

My wife and I initially agreed not to do an update, for all the reasons discussed here, on TUG, etc. So after our free welcome drink and offer, we politely declined.

The host came back with an offer of a 45 minute update, no credit card or ID needed, no breakfast. In addition to the 10% and Vida card, they also would upgrade us to a Grand Mayan (we own MP). We thought about it and decided to take the plunge, mainly so we could use the GM facilities (lazy river, pool, etc.)

I was armed and loaded for our presentation. Our facilitator was an older gentleman from Great Britain by the name of Martin. Like the other sales people, he was very cordial, and it was hard to not like him, haha. Martin took us through several of the GL models, and talked up the new theme park here at NV. We then watched a couple of videos and sat down for "the pitch".

He was astounded at the deal we worked out 17 years ago (I almost gagged, haha!) He showed us a paper that insinuated the MP contract we bought in 2002 NOW sells for $89K! Hah! He explained that if we were to sell our contract, it would cost us 10X maintenance fees, and I corrected him, that it would cost 10% of the original sales price, a difference of about $7K. That quieted him for a second. I also said I realized that our contract is worth about, um, NOTHING on the resale market, and that it would likely cost us $500-2000 were we to sell. He had no response.

After reassuring us that "well over 95% of our customers renew at the 25 year interval (our contract has a 5X maintenance fee renewal at 25 years), he asked us what we planned on doing. I said we are allowing our contract to expire, and when that time comes, we will simply rent from owners, avoiding the hassle of TS ownership. Again, we were greeted with somewhat stunned silence from his end.

He took about 2 minutes to attempt to explain the VIDA dollar concept, but at this point I'm pretty sure he was aware he wasn't getting anywhere with us. He said he would make some notes in our file so that we won't be bothered again with an update offer. He then said, "give me 2 minutes, and we'll get you on our way". This is when I assumed the next level sales person would appear. Within 2 minutes, he shook our hand, thanked us for our time, and told us how to redeem our gifts. I was stunned that we were actually done, having only spoken with one sales person!

Total time: 53 minutes.

Obviously, others' experiences vary, but we went in with a steel conviction, and armed to the teeth with information, again thanks to the number of online resources available. For us, it paid off.

Happy travels!!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Awesome! Enjoy the GM. :)

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
That is awesome. Good job! For 50 minutes, I might consider the 10% off. I might not be remembering correctly, but I think I was surprised by what was “not” included in the 10% off deal. We will be in NV in Jan. Hoping everything is up and running with limited construction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is awesome. Good job! For 50 minutes, I might consider the 10% off. I might not be remembering correctly, but I think I was surprised by what was “not” included in the 10% off deal. We will be in NV in Jan. Hoping everything is up and running with limited construction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The 10% off is food and drink only. We have used the Vida card a few times -- 2x1 breakfast, free bottle of wine, etc. But the only reason we agreed to the tour was to upgrade from MP to GM. :)

Annette Bos

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Mayan
(Warning: this is a cross-posting I wrote in the Vidanta Owner's FB group with a minimal amount of editing. If you've read it there, please ignore. ;) )

I wanted to share our experience with the owner's update tour at NV.

My wife and I initially agreed not to do an update, for all the reasons discussed here, on TUG, etc. So after our free welcome drink and offer, we politely declined.

The host came back with an offer of a 45 minute update, no credit card or ID needed, no breakfast. In addition to the 10% and Vida card, they also would upgrade us to a Grand Mayan (we own MP). We thought about it and decided to take the plunge, mainly so we could use the GM facilities (lazy river, pool, etc.)

I was armed and loaded for our presentation. Our facilitator was an older gentleman from Great Britain by the name of Martin. Like the other sales people, he was very cordial, and it was hard to not like him, haha. Martin took us through several of the GL models, and talked up the new theme park here at NV. We then watched a couple of videos and sat down for "the pitch".

He was astounded at the deal we worked out 17 years ago (I almost gagged, haha!) He showed us a paper that insinuated the MP contract we bought in 2002 NOW sells for $89K! Hah! He explained that if we were to sell our contract, it would cost us 10X maintenance fees, and I corrected him, that it would cost 10% of the original sales price, a difference of about $7K. That quieted him for a second. I also said I realized that our contract is worth about, um, NOTHING on the resale market, and that it would likely cost us $500-2000 were we to sell. He had no response.

After reassuring us that "well over 95% of our customers renew at the 25 year interval (our contract has a 5X maintenance fee renewal at 25 years), he asked us what we planned on doing. I said we are allowing our contract to expire, and when that time comes, we will simply rent from owners, avoiding the hassle of TS ownership. Again, we were greeted with somewhat stunned silence from his end.

He took about 2 minutes to attempt to explain the VIDA dollar concept, but at this point I'm pretty sure he was aware he wasn't getting anywhere with us. He said he would make some notes in our file so that we won't be bothered again with an update offer. He then said, "give me 2 minutes, and we'll get you on our way". This is when I assumed the next level sales person would appear. Within 2 minutes, he shook our hand, thanked us for our time, and told us how to redeem our gifts. I was stunned that we were actually done, having only spoken with one sales person!

Total time: 53 minutes.

Obviously, others' experiences vary, but we went in with a steel conviction, and armed to the teeth with information, again thanks to the number of online resources available. For us, it paid off.

Happy travels!!

Annette Bos

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Mayan
Our appointment was from 8:30 AM until 4 PM, we signed an upgrade from Grand Mayan to kingdom of the sun. We read the contract when we got back to the hotel and realized that what was written on paper was not what they had told us. We are now in the middle of an appointment to cancel the contract within our five day allowance. So far it has been a very pleasant meeting, however we have been here since 930 and it is 11 AM already. No high pressure, pleasant reps. Its rainy out so its been okay. We are staying at Mayan Palace in the Marina. If things turn for the worst I will update my post! One interesting thing in the sales pitch is that they said they have secured Micheal Buble as their opening act for the park. I got no such hits in my google search. I wonder if we got this pitch because we are Canadian? Maybe Americans get a different opening act in their sales pitch? I wonder if its true is all!

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
I have absolutely no information about Vidanta's entertainment plans and am not even sure when the park is supposed to open. However, I can say that Vidanta has a strong relationship with Hakkassan (via the project in Cabo) and consistently gets very big names to perform there, They had an amazing opening day/weekend line up for the opening of Omnia. Not sure if Buble is a Hakkassan performer, but I would not doubt that they get a really big name for the opening.