• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pagosa, which area to avoid, which is best

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
any advice?

Seems like avoiding Ptarmigan is recommended.

What would be the better choice to stay at Teal's Landing or another?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
any advice?

Seems like avoiding Ptarmigan is recommended.

What would be the better choice to stay at Teal's Landing or another?
Teal Landing is the newest development and generally regarded as the "best". Some of the buildings are on the lake and some have parking lot views.

http://www.wyndhampagosa.net/tl.html

Master's Place, Peregrine, Eagles Loft and Mountain Meadows are very nice. I think Mountain Meadows are all lake view units.

Elk Run and Ptarmigan are the oldest and smallest units and should be avoided.

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Order of construction from newest to oldest: Teal Landing, Peregrine, Ptarmigan, with (Eagles Loft, Village Pointe, Masters Place, Elk Run) in roughly the same time frame, and finally Mountain Meadows.

You don't mention your size requirements, but Teal, Ptarmigan, Peregrine, and Village Pointe all have 2BR lockoff units with all but Teal being exclusively lockoffs (all have king bed in "A" side, Teal/Peregrine also in the "B" side, Ptarmigan/Village Pointe have a queen in "B" side).

Elk Run and Masters Place are exclusively 2BR units (king and 2 double bed configurations.

Eagles Loft and Mountain Meadows are 2BR "loft" units (EL has queen beds in each BR with 2 doubles in loft, MM has king and other bed configs I forget, only a few units are available so slim chance of getting that one).

Teal Landing has most variety with 1BR Suite/Deluxe (combined to a 2BR lockoff), standard 2BR, 3BR (only 4 of those), and 4BR Presidential (2 of those, but one is a full time model).

My personal favorite is the Peregrine 2BR lockoff. The B side is still very roomy, they have murphy beds as the 2nd sleeping area in each unit (much better than a pullout sofa), and the bonus is a shared hot tub in the rear of the unit. The buildings are configured as 2, 2-bedroom lockoffs with a single hot tub for the building. Chances of sharing your hot tub with only one other family is what makes this most attractive to me.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in a 2 bedroom in Teal Landing when we went to Pagosa last year.
It was very nice...quite spacious, modern and clean. We didn’t have a full lake view, but could see a bit of the lake between the buildings we were facing! I haven’t stayed in any of the other sections at Pagosa, but after walking around the resort, we were glad we chose Teal Landing. I liked the location and it seemed newer than the other sections. We enjoyed our stay there.... have fun!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the comments. We should but this info into a review....

Anyone wish to opine about Eagles Loft and Mountain Meadows are 2BR "loft" units. Do you share a hot tub here too or do you get your own?

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. We should but this info into a review....

Anyone wish to opine about Eagles Loft and Mountain Meadows are 2BR "loft" units. Do you share a hot tub here too or do you get your own?

No hot tubs in Mountain Meadows, although ALL reservations can use the Recreation Center which has pool/hot tub/exercise facilities, etc.. Eagles Loft is a large association (approx. 40 units, all stand alone), with a dozen or so of them having "real" hot tubs in the base of the "unit pedestal". The rest have a whirlpool tub in that same location.

With the exception of those few hot tubs in Eagles Loft units and all Peregrine units, every other unit will only have a whirlpool tub at best (most/all "B" side of lockoffs have only a standard bath tub/shower).

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Stayed in Teal Landing last summer. 2BR was spacious and clean but got stuck with parking lot view. Very disappointed ,as I was told when I called in to confirm, that I was in Masters Place which had views of lake and mountains. Did not see a room at Mast at but the views from there are best I think.

Pagoda is pretty large and spaced out. Very nice area. Beautiful mountains , lots of hiking, wildlife every where ( there was a bear sleeping in the tree outside the check in office). Golf course is very nice if you play. Walmart across the main drag from Pagosa as well as plenty of little local eateries. Lots of mini breweries to visit if that is your thing. The national parks and monuments in the area are top notch, especially Mesa Verde.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Teal Landing for sure. We stayed there twice and enjoyed both stays.
And I just peeked - there are 69 reviews of Wyndham Pagosa!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yes there are reviews. There just is not a good comparison of each of the areas in a single location.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Just phoned Wyndham/WM Pagosa regarding upcoming stay. I learned:
  • Worldmark owns inventory only in two sections: Ptarmigan (dreaded!) and Village Point.
  • The only units with Murphy Beds are in Perigrin
Rats. I was hoping to request Perigrin specifically for the Murphy. It is noted on my reservation ... but not likely to happen. Keeping my fingers crossed!

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Just phoned Wyndham/WM Pagosa regarding upcoming stay. I learned:
  • Worldmark owns inventory only in two sections: Ptarmigan (dreaded!) and Village Point.
  • The only units with Murphy Beds are in Perigrin
Rats. I was hoping to request Perigrin specifically for the Murphy. It is noted on my reservation ... but not likely to happen. Keeping my fingers crossed!

The WM website is very misleading on this resort. They use Wyndham terminology which is not what WM owners are used to. Pictures are only one of the 7 HOA's there.

A regular (non deluxe) one bedroom is the small side of a two bedroom lockoff. In Ptarmigan that means tiny. A Deluxe one bedroom is the larger side of a two bedroom lockoff (vs the typical WM use of deluxe to mean slightly fancier).

The points for one bedrooms are low but there is a reason. I think if you go understanding what you are getting for what points you are using you will be fine. If you go expecting standard WM you will be VERY disappointed.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
The WM website is very misleading on this resort. They use Wyndham terminology which is not what WM owners are used to. Pictures are only one of the 7 HOA's there.

A regular (non deluxe) one bedroom is the small side of a two bedroom lockoff.
Worse, what WM refers to as "Deluxe 1BR" show up on the Wyndham Reservation side as "Standard 1BR." How confusing and disheartening is that??

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at Pagosa many times for 2-7 nights each stay. We have stayed in many different configurations. My kids favorite is always Eagles Loft. They are worn, the floor is not always exactly flat. One of our last stays was a week with 4 adults and 4 teens. The kitchen is not as spacious, but is certainly sufficient.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have stayed at Pagosa many times for 2-7 nights each stay. We have stayed in many different configurations. My kids favorite is always Eagles Loft. They are worn, the floor is not always exactly flat. One of our last stays was a week with 4 adults and 4 teens. The kitchen is not as spacious, but is certainly sufficient.
Yeah ... I can see where kids might like Eagles Loft. I certainly thought they'd be cool when I saw them from the outside. In my mind's eye, I envisioned something like the DVC Treehouse units. But your word 'worn' is certainly an apt description of what I found inside. As for the layout and size, I found both the kitchen and the master bath to be far too small for comfort. I often fought with doors that opened in the wrong direction relative to the space, etc. Oh, well.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With Eagles Loft units being closed completely. That does put pressure on the rest of the resort.

They are moving Eagle's Loft booking into either Mountain Meadows or Peregrine based on sleeping capacity of 8.