• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parc Soleil

McKdaddy

Reaction score
Bought here two years ago, (through private sale) haven't used any of my HGVC points yet. As a newbie, anything I should know about this particular resort or hidden fees anything like that before I arrive next week? Any advice will helpful

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
It been a few years since we stayed there, but i really liked the resort. Like all timeshare resorts I am sure they will try to convince you to have an "owners update" which is just a sales presentation. In fact they will probably try calling you in advance to schedule that. Personally i don't do these with HGV any longer, but others seem to feel the gift is worth the time....

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
As an owner/member, you are exempt from resort fees they charge the unwashed masses. So relax and enjoy. My only knock against Parc Soleil is that it was built in the middle of a failed commercial complex and surrounded by a field of weeds, but that is changing.

But what I want to say is this: Do not feel tied to your home resort. In my 12 years of ownership, I have never made a home-week booking, and never intend to. Club bookings are far more flexible, and make the system nearly hotel-like.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
As an owner/member, you are exempt from resort fees they charge the unwashed masses. So relax and enjoy. My only knock against Parc Soleil is that it was built in the middle of a failed commercial complex and surrounded by a field of weeds, but that is changing.

But what I want to say is this: Do not feel tied to your home resort. In my 12 years of ownership, I have never made a home-week booking, and never intend to. Club bookings are far more flexible, and make the system nearly hotel-like.

I agree except for the 3 days minimum you need to book. I wish they would lower it to 1 day as the nyc properties.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I agree except for the 3 days minimum you need to book. I wish they would lower it to 1 day as the nyc properties.
Would you also be ok with a cleaning fee being added for short stays? As an owner, I certainly would not want my MFs increasing to cover the extra cleanings for the short stay turnarounds.

Kurt

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you also be ok with a cleaning fee being added for short stays? As an owner, I certainly would not want my MFs increasing to cover the extra cleanings for the short stay turnarounds.

Kurt
Well I would be ok adding it to the guest booking just as west57. That way only if you book 3 days or less you pay. Or it could be two days or less.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I would like 30 or less check in to be 2 day min, for BOTH points OR Open season Cash. I wish the two minimum stays lengths matched.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Well I would be ok adding it to the guest booking just as west57. That way only if you book 3 days or less you pay. Or it could be two days or less.

I think this is a great idea.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."
-- from an old English ditty.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

Kurt

Marriott allows single night bookings with Destination points, though their MF are a bit higher than HGV in general.

audirt

Reaction score
Parc Soleil is fantastic. The rooms are very nice and the location is pretty good and it's relatively easy to get to Disney.

The only thing I don't love about the resort -- other than the "field of weeds" feel that others have mentioned -- is that the parking garage is really tight. Getting in and out can be a bit of an adventure if you have a larger SUV.

junk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander 16800, Grand waikikian 12600 EOY, Boulevard 7000

Kurt
Totally agree with you