• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Plantation Resort (Myrtle Beach, SC) now partnered with Wyndham

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What does this mean? Should I be concerned? How do I start to learn with this really means to me as an owner? It says Wyndham is set to take over all sales and marketing operations for Plantation Resort?

Lazz

Reaction score
I am a long time weeks owner at Plantation. What I just read on the owners site is that I will have no effect on our actual ownership. Wyndham will now be the sales and marketing agent. Management operations remains the same.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked my Wyndham Club Plus/Access site. I do not see this resort listed as of a few minutes age. Note the November date for the above release.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Wyndham will be selling the unsold property as Wyndham. As they do this then stays should become available to Wyndham owners. As they do, Wyndham gets voting rights and will likely give the management contract to Wyndham. At some point owners using PIC weeks from Plantation resort will lose this ability as weeks from Wyndham resorts are not eligible to be used as PIC.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Being slightly familiar with Wyndham Shawnee, Wyndham handles the sales but the resort is 'logo'ed as a Wyndham resort for all signage and paperwork. Prior owners still have usage of their fixed week ownerships and "day usage" access is still recognized for the deeded fixed week owners. And the Wyndham sales office remodelled a building down the street as their 'sales manison' location .. with a desk in the resort's checkin lobby in the activities center (a wonderful building ... large indoor pools, fitness center, indoor basketball court, indoor movie screening, outdoor seasonal pools & tennis courts, a outdoor firepit.).

Shawnee Resort has 5 villages, where only the newest one, Crestview Village, is a total Wyndham points set of buildings. I have stayed there at least 10+ times over the past 5+ years ... but never at Crestview (too many points needed; usually booked solid before the discount window also). I believe most units have fireplaces ... but some might be gas units while others, are wood burning. Deer and other wildlife (skunks, foxes, etc) roam the property. Part of the resort is very NEAR or ON the Delaware River (with NJ on the other side of the river).

Shawnee Resort is located off I-80 and is a directly west of NYC. 3+ hour ride. NYC daily (bus) commuters live along I-80 for up to 45 minutes further WEST on I-80.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I am wondering if WorldMark points will be sold at Plantation Resort, or will it be strictly Wyndham points. Totally different currency and cheaper through WorldMark to book than it is to book through Wyndham (at least for me).

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
So after I posted this, I get an email from the resort wanting my five proxies. Does anyone know why they need 67% proxies, 2/3 vote, for the meeting this year? I don't know if I want to give them my proxies. five weeks a lot.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So after I posted this, I get an email from the resort wanting my five proxies. Does anyone know why they need 67% proxies, 2/3 vote, for the meeting this year? I don't know if I want to give them my proxies. five weeks a lot.
Sounds like they are looking to make some changes that need more than the regular 20% quorum. Was there any specific questions to vote on as a part of the proxy request?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It says, "Currently, there are legal requirements as to how long our ownership plans can continue into the future without being renewed. Obviously, we want our resort going forever. The existing documents provide for termination unless affirmatively renewed. The proposed amendment simply reverses the process and provides for continuation of the ownership plans unless terminated by 67% vote of the membership."

Not sure I want the resort to continue forever as Wyndham.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is to overwrite the sunset clause. A lot of resorts that still have the developer in place also use that super majority opportunity to slip in a bunch of "developer friendly"/ owner unfriendly clauses. As long as the a driven board pushes and wants the sunset clause changed they will use FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) to get it done especially if the start 3-6 years ahead. Rather than ramming it down the owners throats, they should take the opportunity to have meaningful discussions with owners to see if exiting is the thing to do or if the sunset should be re-looked at in say 15 years or if it should be changed in perpetuity.

It is the resort that doesn't know what it is doing or starts to late or has lost track of too many deeds- non responsive and viking ship owners that are in trouble when it comes to sunset clauses.