• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Please post ALL "new RCI website" posts here]

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Weeks side up and running

I just checked out the "new" RCI weeks website. As noted in another thread (on Wyndham forum), the site is prettier looking, but not much else to report. I did have problems when trying to switch screens (kept getting an error window), but would just retry and it would go to where I wanted.

I think the site is going to be pretty busy the next few days as others try it out. My OGS was still in place (was concerned that would get lost during upgrade).

Other than the "pretty look", I didn't notice much difference.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
How about that. You might consider changing the header to more clearly point people to the website. (edit-go advanced-[edit the header]- save)

Jim

Last edited:

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get a blank page with just "file not found".

EDIT: OK, moments later it was up for me.

-Rob

Last edited:

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a Canadian thing. I still have the we're down until 6:00 eastern time page

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Up but not running. Can't search. Have all my confirmed reservations, but in no order even though selected in check in order. I guess we have to wait until the bugs are worked out. Maybe a week or two?????

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got message (EXTENDED OUTAGE) whatever that means.... The times listed for USA to be up and running shows 6:00 PM. We will see.

Suzanne:ignore:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's only partially up at best. No searches or exchanges/deposits are happening. I have been able to sign on to both Weeks and to the Points sides, but as far as doing anything that matters, I still get a message that it will be down until (XX:00) EDT. Knowing RCI, even that is purely an estimate.

And don't be surprised if a new website won't come complete with higher rates and slower data.

Jim

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to book 2 separate 3 bedrooms at Animal Kingdom when it came up and there are tons of them out there... I love the new site.

Just Kidding.
KT

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can search and for a week I have been watching the TPUs are lower. (But, I have been seeing them go lower for about a month now).

Favorites don't seem to be working though.

GPLACERS

Reaction score
Charging Tax on Exchange Fee?

I tried to Book Wyndham Indio on my Weeks account and RCI asked to pay $57 Room tax with Exchange fee. I tried another resort, non-wyndham, no tax was charged. I went to my points account and that Wyndham Indio had No Tax, so some glitch on weeks side,

Last edited:

HuskyJim

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI - Up, not working, like usual RCI rollout

.. My Favorite Searches (multiple resorts) is not working. For all of MF searches, I get every resort in the RCI catalog returned as available:
3123 resorts (195228 available units).

For My Favorite Resorts (individual), it seems to be working.

Another search error, the results of any search for each resort are not sorted, so the weeks are list in some unknown order, definitely not in date order.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I cannot see details of my confirmations. The pages won't load.

I see other minor issues, but seems it's all fixable and will work better in a few days. I hope.

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have tried 3 different browsers and I can't get RCI.com to even open.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I can't see where to access the points charts for the points resorts.

catwgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of my reservations has disappeared - The Reserve at Summer Bay 3 bedroom house - and a 1 bedroom unit at Star Island for the following day is on hold instead. They better get this little snafu fixed, and quick!

Check your reservations. Make sure they are all there and correct!

Last edited:

squierjosh

Reaction score
I just tried the new site. Last Thursday/Friday, I was able to see Silver Lake Resort available check-in dates into February of next year. Now it ends first week of January. I wonder if they're still loading available times into the system? Wouldn't it just pull it from the same database?

squierjosh

Reaction score
The calendar isn't working on some resort pages. Looks like they have quite a big of debugging to do. Classic RCI.

bellesgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three issues I have noticed (I am sure there are more) are

1. my favorites no longer have date ranges associated -which is really the point -of them,
2. I cannot save new favorites and
3. all my ongoing searches indicate they were started today rather than the correct historical date.

The last one, if true, would be very problematic but hopefully it is just a display issue.

jmpellet

TUG Member
Reaction score
3. all my ongoing searches indicate they were started today rather than the correct historical date.

The last one, if true, would be very problematic but hopefully it is just a display issue.

Where do you see the starting date for the search? I'm afraid to click modify as to not mess it up but I assume its in there.

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried to start an ongoing search and after entering my cc card info, the next screen gives me an error message that's unrelated to my payment info. Why don't they iron out these bugs before making new changes "live"?

bellesgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where do you see the starting date for the search? I'm afraid to click modify as to not mess it up but I assume its in there.

If you go to home>vacation plans> ongoing search it shows the details all on one screen, which is nice. On the right where it has Deposit Details it shows a start date of today for each of my searches. I am not sure what they mean by "start date" but regardless of interpretation, it is wrong.

HuskyJim

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI errors, so what's new?

The errors that I see:

My Favorites Searches -all of these (I have 7) return the full catalog of RCI resorts. Ridiculous. Except the last one in my list, which is for all of Hawaii. That one works properly.

My Favorite Searches, cannot select "Show Criteria".

When I get a resort, the weeks are listed in a random order, not in date order.