• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Please post ALL "new RCI website" posts here]

jmpellet

TUG Member
Reaction score
So aggravated with this new site. I can't find the Platinum phone number on the new site and have to wait who knows how long on hold...

Does anyone know this number?

Last edited:

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did the online help chat with a representative who said that they were aware of issues and were hoping to get everything resolved this weekend. (Make of that what you will)

On Monday we had an issue initially unrelated to the new site, though it's now got us lumped in like others seem to be. My Dad (the actual owner of our timeshare) called in to make an Exchange rather than try the website. The operator confirmed an exchange, but used the wrong banked week. That caused the system to cancel the OGS we'd had set up for a DVC property.

After realizing it a few hours later (and going into panic mode) he called back, had the proper deposit used and had them re-instate the previous OGS and back-date it. Except now the OGS lists each DVC property individually *twice* for the same date ranges on each. I've read on here that having date ranges like this can confuse the system into not matching anything, and I don't even want to guess what double listings might do.

Tried to fix it myself, but the site kept giving me an "overlapping dates" error. I also tried to remove one of the DVC's from the list because we stayed there before and want to try something new, to no avail. There doesn't seem to be a way to remove those extra lines after consolidating all the codes onto one line.

Called and had an operator remove that one property code, and even though he said it's removed, it still shows up on the list.

I guess we're lucky that we still have at least a few weeks before October DVCs start depositing in the system. Hopefully the RCI site will be fixed by then. Ugh.

-Rob

Last edited:

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can log in, and search, but can't hold or confirm anything - anything beyond the standard search page brings up an error code. Sigh.

Eli and Ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't connect to rci.com all week long… With Safari…

Yes! I'm ok with Firefox!

Last edited:

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were able to book 3 individual weeks on Tuesday using Firefox. Got the final e-mail confirmations today.

AgelessTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
I can't sign sign in at all using Google Chrome. I just get a blank page. I can log on with IE. Frustrating, I don't like using IE.

Last edited:

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely try clearing your browser cache or cookies or something. I've had no issues accessing the new website with Chrome on either my work PC or my personal Chromebook. (Once you're into the site there's issues, but that's another matter entirely)

-ROb

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't get in either. Just a blank screen

My old link didn't work.

rci.com gets me in on PC and tablet.

Too bad favorites don't save date range.

Other than a different color screen, I don't see what was achieved with the upgrade. Old bugs still alive.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Very Unattractive

The virtually all-white background really bothers me. Lots of glitches such as not being able to select UK & Ireland from European areas, map feature not working, having to scroll up to get to top of new page...URGH!

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
rci site not working, fewer shortdated weeks

Everytime, the RCI site is updated, renovated, whatever, the site is always messed up. Whenever I want to go back one page, it goes back 2 pages, so I have to start all over selecting region, etc. Shortdated weeks are just about a thing of the past. It use to be 45 days, then 30, now it's more like 2 weeks. More for the renters & less for the members.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find it difficult to believe what a poor job they did on what they call an upgrade.

I have a new Wyndham account, "extra vacations" show number of points needed, not price.

Weeks account, can't get it to show just "last calls."

Keeps going back to new search.

Doesn't save date range or month.

I'm glad that I don't have anything in process and I wouldn't be doing anything for a while unless they revert back to the former useable program.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe I rightly stated on Page one of this thread that every time they update the site it takes a year to straighten it out :bawl:

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Loggin in

:crash: It's late Monday afternoon and I just tried to Log-in and it won't work. I logged in the other day but nothing now. Is the site down again or is it me???

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not letting me search. I cannot understand how they can continually have such awful performance. The only thing I find reliable about RCI is that they will continue to find ways to squeeze more money out of us!!!

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Website

Have been trying to access this site with no luck. Can't believe what a poor "update" RCI has offered. With their kind of money rolling in one would think they would hire the brightest and best:doh:

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
On the home page, it says there is an outage in the weeks portion. They recommend calling in. Ha! I was on hold for 30 minutes this afternoon, and finally had to hang up. :annoyed:

Dori

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I thought it was just me. Missed the teeny tiny message.

They will just get the bugs worked out and then start tinkering again. It's very annoying.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
:crash:
Yup, I just tried again and saw that same message about outage in weeks. Guess they don't want us to search those low TPU sales!!!!!

I just tried again and it is working now and logged in.

Last edited:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked a week for a friend and it said it went through.... No confirmation, no email, nothing in account history... Uggggh!!!!

Edit: I had to call in and find out that it was hidden in RCI cyberspace. I tried booking again and the same message came up. I called back and they manually put the guest cert in. I had to be tenacious, it was a 3BR for 9 TPU!!! Both reps said that they haven't seen so many problems with an update before. The first lady was noticeably annoyed with what the updates are doing...

Last edited:

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tonight when I'm browsing through and see "24 check in dates" or "9 check in dates" for a resort, I click the resorts to see available units and I only see the earliest check in date. Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI

Their updated site is horrible. When I go back one page, it takes me back TWO pages. It's very slow. What use to take me a few minutes to search now takes me much longer. With all the money I pay RCI, I would think they could hire a more informed crew to manage their online site. Do they not check their updated site before putting it out for members to use? Maybe some members are impressed with the updated site, but I'm sure not.

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
Major bugs with new RCI site - unable to modify OGS

So, several persistent major issues with new RCI site:

1. Can't modify OGS with multiple Resort IDs/dates -- it will save and say it successfully modified but when you view it subsequently (either immediately or several days later) the old resort ids/dates still shows. Called and they couldn't do it over the phone either with no ETA on when or if this would be fixed. Obviously this is a major issue.
  2. Can't search saved searches consisting of resort IDS -- just taken to the exchange search screen with all available exchanges shown
  3. Saved resorts and searches show up twice on the home screen under My Favorites -- looks like this one is fixed
All these issues have been reported to RCI. They've acknowledged receipt of the emails but that's about it. These are all core scenarios for using their service, so not sure why more people aren't complaining, and why RCI doesn't seem to know or care. Frustrating :annoyed:.

Last edited:

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI won't load on tablet?

I keep trying to login to RCI using my ipad. I just get the blank page. Has anyone been able to view the site using a tablet?

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
I keep trying to login to RCI using my ipad. I just get the blank page. Has anyone been able to view the site using a tablet?

I am having trouble. If I try to log in using the WM or DVC portal, it takes me to the RCI mobile site and wants me to log in as a regular weeks or points member.