• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Please post ALL "new RCI website" posts here]

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
All this and today I get an announcement of their $199 Extra Vacations sale. Which will bring in more traffic. Which would probably cause more problems before things are fixed. (Unless the problems are all on the exchange side.)

HtownRose

TUG Member
Reaction score
$199 sale

What were they thinking having a sale before the site was working better?! I found a stay I wanted to book but couldn't get it to go through on Tuesday, & thought I had missed out, but the site was working better Wednesday & I was able to get it...yay! A week in a 2BR in Tahoe for only $199 (+tax & fees)! Never heard of Royal Aloha, but how bad could it be (famous last words)?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
For my ongoing search, it does not show my trading power; when I go to modify a search, it resets the minimum desired number of bedrooms and it ultimately won't allow me to save any attempted modification. I had to call in to modify.

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
For my ongoing search, it does not show my trading power; when I go to modify a search, it resets the minimum desired number of bedrooms and it ultimately won't allow me to save any attempted modification. I had to call in to modify.

My OGS lists each property code twice, and still includes one that I had a phone operator remove from the list...

-Rob

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
My OGS lists each property code twice, and still includes one that I had a phone operator remove from the list...

-Rob
Same thing happens online...if you have 1 date range/resort, and modify it, you end up with the original plus the new one -- which if the new date overlaps with the old date will invalidate your OGS. They can't fix this by calling, so your only option is to cancel the OGS and book a new one (when you cancel it will credit your RCI account, then the new OGS will pick it up, but you'll lose your place in line).

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Same thing happens online...if you have 1 date range/resort, and modify it, you end up with the original plus the new one -- which if the new date overlaps with the old date will invalidate your OGS. They can't fix this by calling, so your only option is to cancel the OGS and book a new one (when you cancel it will credit your RCI account, then the new OGS will pick it up, but you'll lose your place in line).
BTW, just tried doing this online -- cancellation took a few minutes to show up, but the bigger problem is no credit showed up on my RCI balance once it did. I called and they basically lied and said there was no credit because I never paid a fee. OK, so pull up the credit card statement, nope--feel collected. Then they said it was because I made other reservations/cancellations/holds -- basically conflating every unrelated credit/debit I ever made to say the net result is you don't get a refund. How is that possible if I already paid for every OGS/reservation? So, basically, don't do this. If you do, call and have them do it and make sure you aren't going to get charged for cancelling and recreating your OGS. Now, I have to have them send the past 2+ years of financial history and compare that to my statements and prove that I paid for the OGS, even though I have a credit card statement for it. This is total BS. The only reason I cancelled an OGS with 2 years of priority is because I couldn't update the darn thing online or over the phone, and now I'm out the $200 fee. :mad:

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
rfc001- When you enter an ongoing search and pay a fee, the amount shows as an available balance on your account. You can use that balance to pay for anything - it is not tied to the OGS. As a matter of fact, you can create multiple OGSs with that one fee. Therefore, when you cancel an OGS, it does not generate an additional credit since it was already reflected in your account balance.

CURIOUS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rci points resorts

I can't see where to access the points charts for the points resorts.

Hi, I'm new to the RCI points system. Where would you find the RCI points resorts? Isn't there a difference in the exchange fee if you reserve from points into a points resorts?

Thanks.
Mary Ellen

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Found it here.

You used to have to look at each resort and then click on a link above the seasons chart. Thecurrent link on the points directory page said that this is effective as of March 1, 2014 but it doesn't seem to have any of the recently converted properties.

When you are searching it is kind of hard to know which are in weeks and which are in points because some resorts have inventory from both in RCI. Basically if a week is able to be booked for 7 days only then it is probably in the weeks inventory. If you can book more or less than it is probably in points. If you are looking to book a full week and aren't sure you will know where the inventory came from by the fee charged- $209 weeks, $159 points.

CURIOUS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
found it here RCI POINTS

Found it here.

You used to have to look at each resort and then click on a link above the seasons chart. Thecurrent link on the points directory page said that this is effective as of March 1, 2014 but it doesn't seem to have any of the recently converted properties.

When you are searching it is kind of hard to know which are in weeks and which are in points because some resorts have inventory from both in RCI. Basically if a week is able to be booked for 7 days only then it is probably in the weeks inventory. If you can book more or less than it is probably in points. If you are looking to book a full week and aren't sure you will know where the inventory came from by the fee charged- $209 weeks, $159 points.

Thank you, tschwa2 for the info. After posting here, I did call RCI & was told the same.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the new RCI? -Email

The nerve of touting something so great.... Merely a shadow of its former self (which isn't saying much). I decided to reply to their email after getting no response to any complaints and suggestions I made both online and to a web technician on the phone.

My response was:
What is the point of advertising your “new” website when it doesn't work? Each Saturday you shut it down for maintenance yet the bugs still don’t get worked out. Errors with gift certificate, saved searches lost, can’t even pull up the details of a saved search, deposit calculator doesn't work for 2015 and I could go on. Tech support says to refresh your browser….ya right. My last two vacations were booked through Interval International since your site wasn't working properly, yet you don’t want to do anything about it. Maybe it’s best to deposit my weeks with an independent trading company or use them for my own usage.

Get your act together people are NOT HAPPY!!!!

(Added a link to this thread as well)

I hope people send them feedback on their site so they can fix the bugs. Keep pushing them to get it right.

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unable to view/edit/cancel OGS

4 weeks since the site was updated & things have only gotten worse-initially after the update, you could at least view Ongoing Searches even though editing didn't work (just added new criteria to old criteria rather than replacing it).

Now, I you can't even view Ongoing Searches-when you click View All under Ongoing Searches on the home page or go to My Vacation Plans > Ongoing Searches, the resulting page just displays "CEWEB00 : Web error occurred while rendering the page - NullPointerException". Clicking on the first Ongoing Search that is displayed from the home page results in "WKOS018 : EVS1 Request error".

Also, Favorite Searches based on resort IDs still don't work, although a couple minor things have been fixed:

• Duplicate Favorite Resorts & Favorite Searches entries in Favorites
  • Add to Favorites from Resort Directory
Obviously Ongoing Searches are what really matter, & they're completely broken. You can't even modify Ongoing searches over the phone. Complex ones (ones with multiple resort id/check-in dates) just fail to update; simple ones will create duplicate criteria, so you'll end up with your original search criteria plus the new criteria. Your only option is to delete the ongoing search & create a new one-and lose your search priority which is first in first out based on creation date.

Last edited:

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
4 weeks since the site was updated & things have only gotten worse-initially after the update, you could at least view Ongoing Searches even though editing didn't work (just added new criteria to old criteria rather than replacing it).

Now, I you can't even view Ongoing Searches-when you click View All under Ongoing Searches on the home page or go to My Vacation Plans > Ongoing Searches, the resulting page just displays "CEWEB00 : Web error occurred while rendering the page - NullPointerException". Clicking on the first Ongoing Search that is displayed from the home page results in "WKOS018 : EVS1 Request error".

Also, Favorite Searches based on resort IDs still don't work, although a couple minor things have been fixed:

Obviously Ongoing Searches are what really matter, & they're completely broken. You can't even modify Ongoing searches over the phone. Complex ones (ones with multiple resort id/check-in dates) just fail to update; simple ones will create duplicate criteria, so you'll end up with your original search criteria plus the new criteria. Your only option is to delete the ongoing search & create a new one-and lose your search priority which is first in first out based on creation date.

Have you had any luck with this? I'm getting the same error and can't modify and even see my OGS. I can only see the first one... Just seeing if they resolved your problem, which is identical to mine...

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
rfc001- When you enter an ongoing search & pay a fee, the amount shows as an available balance on your account. You can use that balance to pay for anything - it is not tied to the OGS. As a matter of fact, you can create multiple OGSs with that one fee. Therefore, when you cancel an OGS, it does not generate an additional credit since it was already reflected in your account balance.
Thanks for clarifying. The reason I thought this was not the case was because I always have paid the fee upfront online, although apparently what happened is I booked an exchange directly (w/o OGS) & must have used up one of the fees (although don't recall this ever happening), which is how I ended up with zero balance. The bright side is I figured out that you can create a OGS without a deposit (just skip the credit card payment & it will still create it), so this solves most of my issues since I can just create new OGSs rather than update existing ones (which I can cancel if I no longer need). The only downside is you lose the priority of your older OGS, but at least don't have to deal with the website issues.
Have you had any luck with this? I'm getting the same error & can't modify & even see my OGS. I can only see the first one... Just seeing if they resolved your problem, which is identical to mine...
Sort of...I called RCI to have them update the last 3 OGSs I created (which I created to replace the 3 I couldn't update), & had them change them from 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom, & this fixed them now where I can at least see them online, although I haven't been brave enough to try & modify them. My new approach is to simply create new OGSs rather than modify the resort id/dates to reuse an existing one. This avoids the issues altogether.

lilpooh108

Reaction score

Has anyone been able to modify an OGS online yet? I've been trying off and on for a few weeks and I've been unable to...

I've also deleted an OGS and I'm reluctant to delete another one

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to modify an OGS online yet? I've been trying off and on for a few weeks and I've been unable to...

I've also deleted an OGS and I'm reluctant to delete another one

I was told they are still trying to fix my account. I am unable to view, modify or do anything with any of my OGS...

lilpooh108

Reaction score
I was told they are still trying to fix my account. I am unable to view, modify or do anything with any of my OGS...

Wow you can't even view it? I've actually had a match come through but released it so at least I know one of my searches is working, tho the dates are expiring soon so I wanted to modify it.

Thanks for your response. I'll probably end up calling a in few days.

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow you can't even view it? I've actually had a match come through but released it so at least I know one of my searches is working, tho the dates are expiring soon so I wanted to modify it.

Thanks for your response. I'll probably end up calling a in few days.

Nope. I can't view any of them. unfortunately. I was able to see the 1st one last week but can't even see that anymore. I can see the "count" of how many I have but can't actually see the OGS

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a four color brochure in the mail touting the new, improved RCI website which is ridiculous since it stll doesn't work right. Now is not the time to toot your horn RCI :eek: i've been using my sister's RCI points account since she can't access it now due to the " improvement." But seriously how do RCI points owners not lose their mind checking all the time?!? She had a couple ongoing searches but I warned her it only searches through weeks inventory. We loved our trip trip to Windjammer Landing in St Lucia so now I keep checking the points inventory... And checking...and checking and so on.

lilpooh108

Reaction score
Nope. I can't view any of them. unfortunately. I was able to see the 1st one last week but can't even see that anymore. I can see the "count" of how many I have but can't actually see the OGS

Well I guess I spoke to soon :crash: Called yesterday to modify my OGS, and was surprised that thereafter I could modify it online as well - as soon as I did, I got an error and now can't seen any of it. So word to the wise, if anyone can see their OGS don't mess with it :crash:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I spoke to soon :crash: Called yesterday to modify my OGS, and was surprised that thereafter I could modify it online as well - as soon as I did, I got an error and now can't seen any of it. So word to the wise, if anyone can see their OGS don't mess with it :crash:

When I click on" ongoing search", it shows me these two little arrow point marks above the words "Check in Date". When I click on those two little marks, it takes me to my ongoing search.

lilpooh108

Reaction score
When I click on" ongoing search", it shows me these two little arrow point marks above the words "Check in Date". When I click on those two little marks, it takes me to my ongoing search.

Thanks for the suggestion. Still doesn't work, gives me

CEWEB00 : Web error occurred while rendering the page - NullPointerException

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score

That's the same exact error I get.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
CEWEB00 : Web error

Same here. Yesterday, I spent a fair amount of time on the phone with RCI web support... twice. But I learned some things. :) Loooong wait times for RCI web support. :doh:

We access RCI through the Wyndham portal. From what I gather, when we enter an OGS through an outside timeshare company's RCI portal, each OGS request becomes associated with some kind of hidden placeholder or token, rather like a "dummy deposit", and the placeholder is set with an expiration date or other limitations.

The problem comes in when we try to alter an existing OGS to include a check-in date past the (hidden) expiration date of the (hidden) placeholder. We can modify an older OGS to search up to 2 years from today. It supposedly still searches. But modifying an OGS with an older placeholder to search beyond its (hidden) expiration date, and then trying to look at all OGS requests... will generate a CEWEB00 error. Thereafter, all of the OGS requests are inaccessible for viewing online.

I knew the last change I had made prior to getting this error message a few weeks ago. So on my first RCI web support phone call, I asked the tech to look into that particular OGS and see if I had done something wrong. He explained the placeholder issue and he fixed or replaced it for me, for that OGS. After logging out and back in, I was able to see all of my OGS requests... briefly.

Then I changed another OGS and got the error message again. :bawl: I phoned in my OGS changes to an RCI rep. Then I called a second web support tech who checked all of my placeholders on all of my OGS requests. She had to cancel and re-enter one of my OGS. So I lost my old, original start date for that particular OGS. In this case, it wasn't a big deal.

Today, I made a minor change to one of my OGS requests, just to see if I could. I did NOT add later check-in dates. After modifying it, I am still able to see all of them - no error message today. :cheer:

Take home lessons :wall: :

1. If you are getting this error message and if you are using a timeshare branded portal into RCI, then at least one of your OGS requests may have a mismatch between the potential search date range or expiration date of the hidden placeholder and the requested check-in dates for your OGS. You may not want to just wait around for RCI to sort this out. Call RCI Web Support... when you have plenty of time available to wait on hold and to explain what you need.

2. Pay attention to the original start date for your OGS requests. Keep track of these! (I now have a "sticky note" on my laptop.) Do not attempt to modify an OGS to include dates which are more than 2 years out from the original start date. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I use the Wyndham portal to go to the RCI site, I can no longer use the Favorites Feature.

I do have a selection of favorite resorts with property ID's, I can not view them either. It is a shame that the RCI site is still not fixed.

I liked the older version much, much better. RCI needs to check before releasing a new version that everything is working. There are still several glitches. It is very frustrating to use RCI now.

Cynthia T. :)