• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Point Deposit Feature

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if points deposited to future years will be used first prior to the regular points assigned to that year?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Deposited points have the same end date as the UY points they're deposited into. In any given UY, you will be able to use points deposit to move as much as the total number of points you're allotted in that UY into a future UY. There are no buckets of points to be used first or last, just a benefit to be able to deposit up to my full year's allotment of points, but no more.

Example, say I'm platinum and I'm allotted 1 million points per year. I have 500k points left in 2017 that I won't use and I decide to points deposit them to 2018 for a total of 1.5 million points.

Scenario A - say I use 750k points on reservations in 2018. At the end of the year, I can deposit the remaining 750k to 2019 or 2020, because that's less than my annual allotment.
Scenario B - say I only use 250K on reservations in 2018. At the end of the year, I can only deposit 1 million points to 2019 or 2020, and 250k will go to waste*, because my annual allotment is 1 million and I can't deposit any more than that.

* I presume that 250k can't even be deposited to RCI because that would create 1.25 million points deposited to various places, and only a total of 1 million in regular UY points can be deposited (as I interpret the policy and subsequent explanations). However, I don't know if this is how the system will treat it in practice and I don't think anyone has really had the opportunity to test this yet.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It dosent matter whether one set of points is used first or not because you are always able to deposit the number of points owned

Lets assume you one contracts with an annual allocation of 308000 points and lets further assume you are not VIP and your use year is Jan.
that means You will have until Mar 31 to deposit 308000 points into 2019 or 2020

If you had deposited your 2017 points into 2018, you should see a total of 616,000 points that will expire at the end of 2018. there is no distinction between the points deposited from 2017 and the 2018 points.. They are all good for travel in 2018 or you can use some and deposit up to 308000 points into future years

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was just confused with the fact you could not deposit points that were all ready deposited once.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks. I was just confused with the fact you could not deposit points that were all ready deposited once.
They sure could have been clearer, I don't think it's explained well. In the 4/20/17 supplement they say 'Deposited points will expire at the end of the use year selected and may not be moved again'). That implies to me that they are tracking them while in reality it appears they are not. But rather capping you each year at moving your number of allotted points.

Except for some of us depositing is not working, so, let's hope they fix it and does it works like we think it should.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
You can not use deposited points for ARP!!! So deposited points are not always used first. If you never make ARP reservations, you will never have issues with deposited points. But, if you routinely use regular year points for ARP, you could get stuck with deposited points. Be careful about assuming deposited points always being used first. They are not always used first. The Deposited Points Feature is horrible compared to the old credit pool.

rongina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury and Wyndham Park City
Regarding the "commingling" of Deposited Points with Regular Use year points, seems to me it does make a difference what points gets used first since only Regular Use year points can be used for Cruises, etc. Thus, if my Regular Use year points are used beginning in 2018, I may no longer have enough Regular Use year points to book a cruise in 2018.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Regarding the "commingling" of Deposited Points with Regular Use year points, seems to me it does make a difference what points gets used first since only Regular Use year points can be used for Cruises, etc. Thus, if my Regular Use year points are used beginning in 2018, I may no longer have enough Regular Use year points to book a cruise in 2018.

Maybe. But if you have an annual allocation of xxx points I think you would be able to use xxx points for your cruise

rongina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury and Wyndham Park City
Good Point. I would hope you are correct!

We have over 2 Million Points and when I have tried to book a cruise, the Wyndham Cruise Desk seem to consider only the available points for the year when the cruise will occur. They don't seem to have any awareness to how many total points I have currently "available" including Pool Credits which are available for staying at Wyndham properties.

We have experienced many problems with Wyndham when we book a reservation on-line for a Wyndham property, and then if / when our plans change and need to cancel the reservation - that the Points go back into the right bucket - ie. correctly into the Current Use Year, or a Future Year or into a Pooled Point Year. My experience this year - after the system conversion occurred in May - that Points definitely were not consistently returned to the year they came from. I eventually was able to get these matters resolved, but it took a lot of patience, many months and happened repeatedly. One of the "pluses" from the new system, is that we can now see where the points originated for each reservation.

Next time we book a cruise, I will be specific and ask the Wyndham Cruise Desk again. I realize that using Wyndham Points is not a financially wise use of the Points, but its a nice alternative from staying only at a Wyndham property or exchanging them through RCI, etc. We've really enjoyed the use of them on a couple of NCL cruises.