• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Point leverage

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
if I have, say 10,000 points, what is the limit of borrowing and or renting?

On any one year how much usage worth of points could I get between banking borrowing and renting?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
if I have, say 10,000 points, what is the limit of borrowing and or renting?

On any one year how much usage worth of points could I get between banking borrowing and renting?

Your account will show your current balance, there will be a detailed link to show expiration date of all credits and what is available to borrow. You can always borrow future years points.

You are allowed to rent 2x your account size of credits from others.

You can also rent credits from the club but this not economical.

Example below:
E52EE33A-4081-4839-8DB8-C6E76CB9E9A0.jpeg

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
If you have a 10,000 credit account you could conceivably have up to 30,000 points available. Last year, this year and next year.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
You can rent in 2X your account size. So a 10k acccount can rent in 20k each uear. When you rent Points do they keep their original expiration date? So if you have a 10k account you could have 1 year saved + current year + borrow year = 30k. Then possibly 20k rented = 50k. Maybe 70k if you rented last year and they did not expire for 2 years.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can also rent credits from the club but this not economical.
I frequently rent credits from the club using Inventory Specials ($0.07/credit) and Bonus Time ($0.066/credit). Both of these are less than the per credit cost of my ownership.

Very economical.

No housekeeping charges with IS and BT. Doubly economical.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I frequently rent credits from the club using Inventory Specials ($0.07/credit) and Bonus Time ($0.066/credit). Both of these are less than the per credit cost of my ownership.

Very economical.

No housekeeping charges with IS and BT. Doubly economical.

This I agree with. I was referring to the normal price per credit not specials

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the normal price for credit rentals from the club?

These are typically called FAX which is always $0.08 per credit for Blue and White season. It is also the rate for one Red season booking every five years. Any Red season above that limit costs $0.15 per credit.

FAX bookings also include housekeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you tell us what you are planning to do we can advise you.

What I will say is this. If you want to use a lot of credits at one time it is pssoible.

Buy a 10k account.

Year 1 get 10k credits, rent in 20k credits with long expiration dates.

Year 2 get 10k credits, rent in another 20k.

Borrow 10k credits.

On year 2 you could conceivably use 70k credits.

If you tell us what your goals are you could get advice on using the various cash options, which are sometimes more economic than using credits.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you need more credits than you have it’s $.15 per credit
That is the abnormal rate, and only for more than one reservation every five years in Red Season.

As noted, for me and most owners, $0.07/credit and $0.066/credit is the normal credit rental rate.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
And, just to be 'that guy'......

If you have some special need that your normal account won't handle (why would you suddenly need another 30k credits?).....

You can always plan ahead, buy a firesale account....strip the credits....sell the account. It's been done.
Also, having two accounts can increase your options in a few ways (fax, bonus etc..)

I have two deposits spacebanked with RCI and Interval as well. That's another way to extend your credits beyond the normal life span of the account.