• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points advertised Sept 2017 use year not transfered

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought a 141k contract with Sept use year on EBay. The Sept 2018 are there, but the Sept 2017 points advertised are not.

I have emailed the seller, but I’m wondering, given the use year is Sept, if the previous owner has a pending reservation that could be cancelled and if Wyndham could or would do that?

tsauders

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet. Looking to buy.
I don't have an answer for you but I am going through something similar. The property I purchased was supposed to come with points for both 2017 and 2018 but according to Wyndham the previous owner used those points before the transfer was completed. Call Owner Services and they should be able to tell you why the points aren't there and if they are being used for a pending reservation.

Wyndham was not able to restore any points for me because as far as they are concerned the points have already been used but I am working with the transfer company and the previous owner to come up with a fair solution to this. I would be interested in hearing how others have dealt with this in the past.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check your calendar It is now Dec 8 2017

The September 2017 points are not there because it is now December, they expired over 2 months ago

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check on website under the upcoming reservations section. If any of the reservations transferred with the addition of the contract to your account, then they should show there with the ability to cancel them with points returned if it is over the 15 day prior to the reservation start date.

My use year 2017 use year points have a start date of January 1, 2017 and a end date of December 31, 2017. When contracts transfer, I believe the use year start and end dates could shift. You may want to check the points section on the site and see what use year start and complete dates are for the 2017 points.

If their is no entry for 2017, give Wyndham a call and ask.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check on website under the upcoming reservations section. If any of the reservations transferred with the addition of the contract to your account, then they should show there with the ability to cancel them with points returned if it is over the 15 day prior to the reservation start date.

My use year 2017 use year points have a start date of January 1, 2017 and a end date of December 31, 2017. When contracts transfer, I believe the use year start and end dates could shift. You may want to check the points section on the site and see what use year start and complete dates are for the 2017 points.

If their is no entry for 2017, give Wyndham a call and ask.
As Ron points out in this case the 2017 points already expired before the transfer. There are no points to be restored they expired months ago.
You will never find points show up in the points available that expired months ago.
That points bucket is gone for good

Last edited:

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check your calendar It is now Dec 8 2017

The September 2017 points are not there because it is now December, they expired over 2 months ago

Ron, Ron, Ron

I generally bow to you, but not this time.

I Bought the contract in June with current year points and all future year points, so I should have active points even if I misread a calendar.....and as it turns out, as of a few minutes ago I do....they magically appeared and I am made whole.

I have no beef on this transfer.

Now the National Harbor 154 that I purchased in June and they haven’t got deed yet, that is another story.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, Ron, Ron

I generally bow to you, but not this time.

I Bought the contract in June with current year points and all future year points, so I should have active points even if I misread a calendar.....and as it turns out, as of a few minutes ago I do....they magically appeared and I am made whole.

I have no beef on this transfer.

Now the National Harbor 154 that I purchased in June and they haven’t got deed yet, that is another story.
I’m confused in your OP you stated the 2018 points are there. With a September use year your current points are your 2018 use year points so what changed that makes you feel whole now when you didn’t before now?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My current use year is 2017. My 2018 use year does not start until January 1, 2018. I believe the 1st annual use year starts January 1 then the 2nd one about 3 months later, then the 3rd one starts three months latter and the 4th one starts 3 months latter. Some of the confusion may be between the use year start date and the end date. The end dates would normally be one year after the start date unless credit pool, the points deposit replacement to the credit pool or maybe other special programs. Or at least for me. Other use year start dates my vary depending on other factors, examples: Wyndham changing a account use year start dates by them initiating the action, buying a contract and having it go to an existing account, etc.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
My current use year is 2017. My 2018 use year does not start until January 1, 2018. I believe the 1st annual use year starts January 1 then the 2nd one about 3 months later, then the 3rd one starts three months latter and the 4th one starts 3 months latter. Some of the confusion may be between the use year start date and the end date. The end dates would normally be one year after the start date unless credit pool, the points deposit replacement to the credit pool or maybe other special programs.
Wyndham says your use year is determined by end date. Points expiring in September 2018 are 2018 use year points. And no I didn’t call it’s been that way for years

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just letting people know about what some of my use year start and end dates are. The great news and main point at this point is that Railman83 got his 2017 use year start date points, or it at least appear so.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a trick question Ron. Points expire on use year contract date no ifs ands or butts. If you received 2017 use year points that expired in Sept. its because you have a current use year ending Dec 31 and the contracts were automatically aligned. You will have use of points for the balance of this year 2017. Wyndham should adjust your account for the month or two you lost in doing the readjustment. I had a few contracts transfer this year and had to request the points be adjusted because of the years being aligned. One transferred in March with a July use year They aligned use year to Dec31 and I was allowed to use balance of points to Dec 31. Wyndham credited me 1/2 the total contracts points. I had to call Wyndham for them to credit the points.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of my use years were aligned when new web site was rolled out. And all new contracts that were transferred in to my account were also aligned to the same use year. Wyndham makes it very clear this will happen upon transfer. In the past, before the new web site was launch, use years were never aligned unless you requested.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Responding to your post(s). By the way please see page 336 of the Members Directory on the definition of use year. It says something to the effect that the use year is the year that points are allotted and continue for 12 months. I will go with what the on-line site says and the member's directory, would suggest others base their actions on the same thing.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Responding to your post(s). By the way please see page 336 of the Members Directory on the definition of use year. It says something to the effect that the use year is the year that points are allotted and continue for 12 months. I will go with what the on-line site says and the member's directory, would suggest others base their actions on the same thing.
Here are the definitions from page 399

Use Year – the 12-month period during which a Member may travel on vacation using their point allocation.
Use Year End Date – the last day of the Use Year assigned by the Plan Manager. It is on this day each year that the unused points allocated to a Member expire.
Use Year Start Date – the first date that a Member may travel during the 12-month Use Year.

heres what it says on 336

You have 12 months to spend your points. This 12-month timeframe is called your Use Year.

Any points remaining in your account will expire at the end of your Use Year. • Each new Use Year you receive a new set of points to spend. • There are four Use Years in CLUB WYNDHAM based on calendar quarters. • Your Use Year is assigned based on your ownership and when you purchased.

so the uses years are,

Jan 1- Dec 31
April 1- Mar 31
July 1 - June 30
Oct 1 -Sept 30

And heres the thing that so many miss and that causes so much confusion: Your use year is identified by its end date,
So if we are talking about 2017 points and your use year is Sept... Those points expired Sept 30 2017

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
And heres the thing that so many miss and that causes so much confusion: Your use year is identified by its end date,
So if we are talking about 2017 points and your use year is Sept... Those points expired Sept 30 2017
Thanks for clearing that up. I said the same thing

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. I said the same thing

We both did and we probably will 10 more times in 10 different ways before everyone gets it. And by “everyone” I mean almost everyone. Some folks can’t see the forest for the trees