• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points for Deposit

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a points member. If I purchase a weeks resort, I can deposit that resort and receive points for my deposit, correct? Would the amount of points I receive be the same as the amount in the RCI directory? Also, my points resorts must be deposited three years at a time. Would I need to deposit my weeks resort for three years at a time or could it be done on a yearly basis?

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Linda74 said:
I am a points member. If I purchase a weeks resort, I can deposit that resort and receive points for my deposit, correct? Would the amount of points I receive be the same as the amount in the RCI directory? Also, my points resorts must be deposited three years at a time. Would I need to deposit my weeks resort for three years at a time or could it be done on a yearly basis?

Hi,

You can only deposit a Weeks resort inro Points that is not in Points. Many Weeks resorts are both in Weeks and in Points so check this out carefully. You may be surprised to find that several of the even older Weeks resorts are now also Points affiliated. You can look at the RCI directory, but I would also call RCI to double check.

As for how many points you will receive, you will be given points based upon a generic grid that RCI has in place which assigns points based upon season, location, size of unit, and whether the resort is a Gold or Silver Crown resort or a standard resort. A copy of that grid can be found within a "Sticky" at the top of this page. Make sure that you look at the updated grid.

No, you do not have to deposit your Weeks resort three years out. They will take a qualified resort and give you the full points value up to 90 days before it's use date. You will receie less points as you get closer to your check-in date. Keep in mind that you cannot PFD a week whose use date has already passed. By the same token, if you have weeks in the spacebank that have not been used, check to see if they qualify for the PFD program and if they do, you may want to depoit them into Points.

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to add, although PFD's are year to year you can deposit any week for which you have paid your MF. For example I just paid my MF for 2006 & 2007 so I deposited both with RCI points.

ELE

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 2007 points for deposit don't actually show in your account until your points calendar year starts. The points are there for use, but not visible.

dcmoony

Reaction score
Linda, If you are looking to buy a weeks timeshare to deposit into RCI PFD program do not buy into Silverleaf. They have a deal with RCI where their owners cannot deposit their week into the PFD Program.