• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Popeyes really has the best chicken sandwich

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Nothing like crispy, fresh, huge chicken tender for a chicken sandwich. In comparison, the Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich isn’t crispy but soggy.

Attachments

• 97F90D02-6D62-425E-B6B2-6E31949FB0CD.jpeg
    97F90D02-6D62-425E-B6B2-6E31949FB0CD.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 23

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No argument from my husband. It's hard to beat a buttermilk, double dipped chicken sandwich. It is a lot more crispy and there is still enough chicken inside. My husband likes the crunch but doesn't need the associated breading!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never had Popeye's. There is one in the next town. Maybe someday. It is not high on my list, but I guess those spicy chicken sandwiches have created quite a stir.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Have you compared it to Raising Cane's chicken? Currently, that is my favorite (yes, even over Popeye's).

Kurt

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
crazy i guess it came back to stores on sunday, driving by and the line of cars was around the building and out to the road!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Deshaun Watson claims Popeyes' spicy chicken sandwiches healed his injured eye before London win

“The eye is great. I’ll tell you the key,” Watson said on the NFL Network. “The key is the Popeyes spicy chicken sandwiches that I ate this week that helped the eye.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-housto...y-stadium-jacksonville-jaguars-234252482.html

Now that's one special chicken sandwich. :whooopie:

This belongs over in the thread about professional athletes doing commercials!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I've never had either and probably never will. But really, it's just a fast food chicken sandwich. What makes it so special?

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never had either and probably never will. But really, it's just a fast food chicken sandwich. What makes it so special?

Apparently it has great healing powers. :whooopie:

Brett

Reaction score
I keep hearing it's the best but there is no Popeyes near me for a taste comparison

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I used to be a Chick-fil-A lover too. Now, I love the Popeyes sandwich. It’s so much better. Plus, I love the mashed potato and gravy side.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to be a Chick-fil-A lover too. Now, I love the Popeyes sandwich. It’s so much better. Plus, I love the mashed potato and gravy side.

Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich were good a one time now it is either to soggy or to salty IMO.

However, in the area where I live cars are always around building; headed to the drive thru windows from 11AM to 1PM..

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the chicken sandwiches that good / tasty that someone will end up fatally stabbing a person over a Popeyes sandwich?
This chicken sandwich must be under $4 dollars per sandwich.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
The stabbing is pretty sad, however a few years back someone was shot for an argument over cutting the line at The Halal Guys on the corner of 6th and 53rd. The line used to have 40 or 50 people waiting in the evening.

These days they are franchising all over the country and they have 5 or 6 carts on that corner and the corner across the street. That might have helped with the line.

It is not fried chicken, but their chicken sandwich on pita with white sauce is really good. Maybe it will be lunch today.

Joe

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the Popeye's chicken sandwich yesterday at the BP gas station/truckstop off I-95 exit 56 in Branford, Connecticut. The location is one of those combo operations--Subway at the next counter and Starbucks farther down. I was the only person there at 11am.

The sandwich choice is spicy mayo or mild mayo--the chicken is the same in each. I chose spicy, and spicy it was! The chicken is boneless white meat, a large portion, with a tasty bit of pickle and the usual Popeye's breading. Definitely the best, assuming you're a Popeye's fan. They claim 480 calories for the sandwich but I swear mine was 750.

Don't take my word for the quality of the sandwich--here's Simpsons creator Bill Oakley's review.

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only

Yesssss...and unlike Chik a fila, Popeyes is in Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like the $1.89 white meat special on Tuesdays at Popeye's. I buy four, eat one, and freeze the rest for future lunches. No chicken in the freezer, so it will be Popeye's for lunch today. I will have to order my usual, plus a chicken sandwich just to see what all the hype is about.

A Krispy Kreme store opened about 20 years ago in a town near me. The grand opening made the local news. I made a point of trying the donuts on a couple of trips through that town and remember thinking they were just donuts like most any other donuts. I did not understand all the hype.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
For me, I think Krispy Kreme donuts are the Crème de la crème of donuts ;)

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
All right, I might have to check this out. I normally go to Chick-Fil-A, actually just went yesterday. Popeye's is close by so I guess go and see what the type is all about.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I'm a lover of Chick-fil-A and think their chicken sandwich is amazing.
For the first time ever, I tried Popeye's today, specifically the Popeye's classic chicken sandwich for lunch.
The car line for drive-thru was long, doubled around the building, so I went in.
There were only 10 people standing in line, so my wait was only 10-12 minutes.

I did like the sandwich---it was quite good, but I still have to give the edge to Chick-fil-A. Their spices, mayo, and pickle
are superior, imho, and I don't know whether to give Popeye's another chance or not. I probably will. I'll definitely go back and try the Spicy sandwich.

My wife and I have a tradition of ordering a Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich "to go" just before leaving town around lunchtime
when we travel. If leaving town in the early am we order the Chick-fil-A chicken biscuits, which are even better than the sandwich.

I think this will be a Ford-Chevy type of argument going forward, but I firmly believe the Chick-fil-A franchise is very safe.
Their products and overall service are stand-alone at the top! I think the Popeye's marketing ploy for this chicken sandwich
was absolutely brilliant ...after all, who runs out of chicken sandwiches? Does Arby's run out of roast beef sandwiches?
So the hype is working, and I think Popeye's will enjoy huge surges in business for a good while.
If their sandwich wasn't good, the hype would die out quickly, but it IS good.........just not as good as Chick-fil-A's. It's large and it's crispy, but the flavor is always the thing. It's close enough to have to think about, but in the end it's Chick-fil-A by a nose.

But I'm not a loser in any way for this experiment---nice to know if I am hungry on the road and see a Popeye's close by,
it's a sure thing I'll pull in and get me one of their sandwiches.

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
OK, I tried the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich today for lunch. I was surprised. It exceeded my expectations and it was so crispy it really made the Chick-fil-a sandwich seem really soggy to me for the first time. Now, if only Popeyes would keep their restaurants as clean as Chick-fil-a does their facilities!