• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Potential TS resale scam?

williewinnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Tres Rios
Hi everyone,

Recently I got cold calls from Property Owl Incorporated (http://www.propertyowlinc.com) and another company named Wonderful Realty Corp (www.wonderfulrealtycorp.com) which is in the same business. They both came up with very similar messages which look very suspicious to me and I am very hesitant to proceed with any of them...too many TS resale scams out there.... Did any of you come across calls/messages as such, and please feel free to share with your thoughts about this. Thank you in advance!

Here is the welcome email I received:

This email is pertaining to the phone call you received from one of our representatives, as you have been made aware, Property Owl Incorporated is currently gathering real estate and fractional ownerships in Mexico, we are currently representing a group of investors and corporations who are searching for business opportunities in selected locations throughout Mexico.

Our team is comprised of highly resourceful sales associates and brokers who will provide you with an unrivaled service as they guide you through every step of the way. Our next business meeting is taking place on November 29, 2018 and we would like to present your investment as an option for a potential purchase and business opportunity. If accepted for purchase, you will receive an offer with the proposed amount for you to consider.

In order to obtain the highest possible offer, we require your proof of affiliation or ownership with the vacation club or resort corporation. This is included in your original contract where it states the name of the “Owner(s)” and provides a brief summary of the specifics of your fractional ownership, such as season, registered weeks or points and year usage. If any of the information is illegible or is missing please advise your assigned sales associate as soon as possible since this will need to be properly addressed with our investors.

If you accept the proposed offer, you will simply need to sign the letter and return it to us via fax or email. Upon receipt of your signature, you are allowing us to represent you and make the appropriate arrangements for your fractional ownership to be included in the upcoming acquisition.

Your assigned broker Mr. Max Andrews, will be working diligently on your behalf to keep you well informed, and provide you with updates or changes regarding the acquisition. For further information, you may reach your assigned broker at 1(866) 864-5368, Ext. 488 or you can also email him at m.andrews@propertyowlinc.com

Max Andrews
Individual Broker #10351204496

Property Owl Incorporated #10991218457
Toll free: 1 (866) 864-5368 Ext. 488
Fax: (917) 810-9367

contact@propertyowlinc.com

www.propertyowlinc.com
136-7 37TH Ave.

Flushing,

New York 11354

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is a total scam - don't respond. If you continue to communicate with them you will be tagged as an "easy mark" and will receive lots more calls from scammers. Block them on your cell phone and email, and don't answer your land line phone if you don't recognize the number.

99.999% of cold calls are scams - I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi everyone,

Recently I got cold calls from ..

Property Owl Incorporated and another company named Wonderful Realty

please feel free to share with your thoughts about this.
:

THEY CONTACTED YOU = SCAM

FYI - once one scammer has your contact information - they “all” do.
It is 100% guaranteed that you will get more offers from scammers !!!

williewinnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Tres Rios
THANK YOU ALL EVERYBODY!!!

The world we live in could be a very nasty and dangerous place...I mean can't those scammers find better things to do? Where is the law enforcement... I really feel sorry for all those innocent people who got scammed...:doh:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is the law enforcement?

I ask the same thing to myself when I see so many drivers on the road talking and/or texting on their cell phones. On paper, the fine here in British Columbia is >$500 but that does not seem to deter too many people because they know their risk of getting caught is minimal at best.

So it is with these resale scammers. Many of them are in Mexico. I'm not familiar with the justice system there but I would venture a guess that timeshare resale scammers are not a top priority for law enforcement there.

DivadFC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Lagoon
Hi everyone,

Recently I got cold calls from Property Owl Incorporated (http://www.propertyowlinc.com) and another company named Wonderful Realty Corp (www.wonderfulrealtycorp.com) which is in the same business. They both came up with very similar messages which look very suspicious to me and I am very hesitant to proceed with any of them...too many TS resale scams out there.... Did any of you come across calls/messages as such, and please feel free to share with your thoughts about this. Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone,

Just got the EXACT same email from a company called Universal Reality Plus in NY. Thanks for the warning! Thanks TUG.
Dave

jwj

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LVHC Crown Villas
I paid around $30k for my Vacation Club 6 years ago and just received an offer for $57k from an investor that Universal Realty Plus NY found for me. I've been putting my"agent" off all week as I try to verify their address and legitimacy. Anyone ever make money on a resale?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Anyone ever make money on a resale?
I've never heard of anyone making money on a Mexican timeshare resale. I actually did make a little money off a U.S. timeshare resale, but I had bought it as a resale and not from the developer.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I paid around $30k ..... Anyone ever make money on a resale?

Not this kind of SCAM / ie a cold call from someone saying the have a resale buyer .

Your primary residual value on what you $ paid - is in vacation use.

Somewhere : there is (likely) someone who bought a resale fixed week Royal (Royal Sands , Islander etc) in Cancun MX in 2008 (economic downturn) and has sold it since
for a little more $ than they paid resale .

The fixed week Royals do resell for sums greater than $1 / I would say 2-10K resale depending on the week .

Last edited: