• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Preferred Owner Program at Grand Vista in Orlando

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Has anyone been here or heard of this program? We just checked in here late last night with an interval trade. We were called a few days before arriving and were asked to stop by the MVC desk in the registration office on Friday (the day after we arrived) to receive a welcome gift and they could greet us formerly due to our owner status (we are chairmen level and do not own at GV) and provide us some refreshments (wine and snacks were available).

We stopped by this afternoon and were greeted by Traci at her desk in an office right next to the busy registration center. She said this was a new program they were testing out here and it was only about a month old. She provided us with free key wrist bands which are usually $10 each to purchase and asked us to attend an “information presentation” on Monday morning to learn about recent changes to the DC program. In exchange for our attendance at the 75 minute presentation (shorter than the usual 90 minutes) we would receive $350 in Amex gift cards. We agreed to attend and were immediately given the gift cards at the concierge desk, where we were also told we could purchase discounted park admission tickets. We didn’t ask specifics prices as we have no plans to visit any parks...we are here for a wedding this weekend and are only staying until Monday night and won’t have time to visit any parks.

This whole process was handled very “slickly” with no pressure and no advance commitment to try to book us for a presentation. Doing it in person at registration was a very low pressure way to request our attendance. The $350 in gift cards was a pretty generous offer (no other offer of DC points or MR points was given).

Any thoughts on this program or questions we should ask on Monday at the presentation? Traci said if this program is successful they will start to offer it at other MVC resorts in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Doesn’t sound like anything new to me. This is going to be a regular “sales” presentation. Even though you are chairman level, they will try to sell you more points. All they’ve done is successfully get you to attend which is what they want you to do. Traci has accomplished her mission. Please fill us in on your presentation.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are definitely interested in Marriott owners. When we were invited to attend the one at Hilton Head I asked if our friends who were travelling with us could be incentivised to attend. I was told that in general no, but they could receive $100 as an owner referral if they would like to attend in a different sitting from ours. They passed on it.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Doesn’t sound like anything new to me. This is going to be a regular “sales” presentation. Even though you are chairman level, they will try to sell you more points. All they’ve done is successfully get you to attend which is what they want you to do. Traci has accomplished her mission. Please fill us in on your presentation.

Csalter, no doubt. I will update after our sales presentation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
We had our “preferred owners” presentation at Grande Vista today. Here are the main points I recall discussing:

- only owners are brought up to the 2nd floor to meet with sales reps who exclusively deal with owners.
- our rep, Marcelo was very nice and respectful of our status (Chairman) and our knowledge and use of the MVC program
- We informed him of our dissatisfaction with our recent Collette tour and said it did not measure up to Marriott standards in terms of hotel stays. He seemed genuinely surprised and was glad we let him know ( not sure what that will do)
- he provided no New information on any future uses after the ILG purchase and I appreciated that he didn’t speculate about future use of those resorts by MVC owners
- he and his sales manager Austin seemed to Hint/ infer that there would be a new level established above Chairman and that it would be at 20,000 points
- since they had to present something to us, they presented a bundle with a purchase of a week in Orlando and 2,250 trust points that combined would get us to 20,000. The total package points would bring avg point cost for the transaction to $8.41/ pt. Vs. the $14.54 rack rate for points now.
- we graciously said no and there was no hard follow up.

He did say they had 84 presentations booked for today. He didn’t say how many sales that would result in. They are obviously still spending a lot of money (we received $350 in gift cards) to keep the pipeline of prospects flowing.

If anyone has any specific questions I’d be glad to try to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have been doing that for a while in Orlando. Explain that you are special because you know the system so they are just going to get right to the point and you will be talking with a "senior level" rep. Same presentation as usual but nice spin on their part.