• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Presentation Stay Offer for Maui

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received an offer in the mail today for 6 days/5 nights in a guestroom at the Hyatt in Maui for $695. Includes a discount on an Avis Car rental and Hyatt Points. Reading the small print it looks like it is a room at the Hyatt Hotel. Must attend a 2-hour presentation.

Has anyone gotten this and is it worth it for a hotel room?

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Just received an offer in the mail today for 6 days/5 nights in a guestroom at the Hyatt in Maui for $695. Includes a discount on an Avis Car rental and Hyatt Points. Reading the small print it looks like it is a room at the Hyatt Hotel. Must attend a 2-hour presentation.

As long as you go into the "2-hour" presentation (which can easily stretch to 4-5 unless you are willing to say no multiple times--and forcefully) with eyes open and realize that the $695 hotel room could easily become the most expensive hotel room you'll ever pay for if you get sucked in, I think it's a great deal. The Hyatt Regency Maui is a great hotel near Black Rock in Ka'anapali. You should know that you're going to get a garden view room (most likely) and you won't have the option to upgrade. But at $140/night it is a great deal.

On the other hand, if you sign a contract with Hyatt for a $35.000 timeshare, you will never remember the $695 for 5 nights deal.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland

The hotel is next door and very nice . You can use the pool and join in activities at the vacation resort. I wish we had that offer. The presentation we went to last yr was not high pressure except we were staying at the resort in an oceanfront unit and fell in love. We were on vacation high and tempted but not enough to purchase . It was one of the lower key presentstions we have attended.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own Marriott Kauai EOY bought resale and also Marriott Summit Watch. We usually lock of the Summit Watch and trade into a 1 bedroom in Oahu, Big Island, or Maui to go along with our Kauai week, so I am used to timeshare salesmen.
This offer also includes 7,000 Worl of Hyatt Points or a $75 hotel certificate. I have a couple thousand Hyatt points but not that familiar with the system. What would 7,000 points be worth? I have a couple thousand points in my accounts from my one stay a year at Hyatts. Have my hotel points built up in the Marriott and Hilton systems.

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can do a one tier hotel stay for 5000 points... Hyatt Place category

The Hyatt app is also great because you can view properties by Hyatt point tiers.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This offer also includes 7,000 Worl of Hyatt Points or a $75 hotel certificate.

Wow, they are cheaping out. I just did one at Carmel for $100 or 10,000 WoH points.

I think someone else did one down in Key West for the same $/points.

janetdoe

Reaction score
I own Marriott Kauai EOY bought resale and also Marriott Summit Watch. We usually lock of the Summit Watch and trade into a 1 bedroom in Oahu, Big Island, or Maui to go along with our Kauai week, so I am used to timeshare salesmen.
This offer also includes 7,000 Worl of Hyatt Points or a $75 hotel certificate. I have a couple thousand Hyatt points but not that familiar with the system. What would 7,000 points be worth? I have a couple thousand points in my accounts from my one stay a year at Hyatts. Have my hotel points built up in the Marriott and Hilton systems.
If you have 10,000 points total, you could do one night at a Category 2 or 2 nights at a category 1. Cash and point requires half the number of points, so 10k points plus $125 could get you a night at a category 5.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/rewards/free-nights-upgrades.html

Hyatt actually has a decent selection of Cat 1 and Cat 2 hotels, in the USA it's usually a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House, but occasionally a Hyatt Regency, in the suburbs or in small/medium-sized cities. There also some nice Cat 1 and Cat 2 resorts in international destinations. Cat 3-4 starts getting into some decent properties in Western Europe or most cities in the US. For example, Grand Hyatt Tampa was a very impressive Category 3 with a nice lounge.

http://travelisfree.com/2016/10/14/complete-map-of-hyatt-hotels/ Click the [ ] icon to scroll/zoom on a larger map.