• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prime fixed Summer Week Studio at Smuggler's Notch

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Giving away my fixed week 26 studio at the Smuggler's Notch. Best thing about this week is there is no spring/fall week attached. You pay closing and transfer fee. MF is $513 for 2016, deposit to RCI gets 18 TPU. It is the lowest cost entry to Smuggler's if you want to become an owner there. You can purchase additional benefit package that includes ski passes and summer camp. It will also allow you to trade back to the resort without the restriction of 4-in-1.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm not in the market for more timeshare but perhaps it will help to sell if you provide more info about this week. e.g. How many people it sleeps, is there a kitchen, etc. Good luck!

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Lisa!

This is a fixed week 26, fixed unit Nordland-2, deeded timeshare. Studio Unit sleeps 4 with full kitchen.

More information can be found at http://www.smuggs.com/pages/winter/lodging/nordland-studio.php

Most of the Smuggler's Notch timeshare on the market are sold as bundles with one winter/summer fixed week and one off season floating week. You will have to pay two MF to get use of one prime season week. This is a rare exception.

reneec

Reaction score
hi, i am interested in the week. Does MF include usage of the resort and the facility?

thanks,
renee

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Renee,

MF include usage of the resort and the courtside pool. If you want to get ski pass and/or kids' camp, there is a recreation package you can purchase for 10 or 20 years. The current offer can be found here. Actually, that offer is for two weeks per year, I am not sure how much they charge for one year per year. It says "call Ruth Mayville at 802-644-1153".

Please PM or email me if you need timely response.

Thanks,

Jane

Last edited:

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Closing Cost Update

I used Legal Timeshare Transfer a few times in the past without any issue.

Their website is http://www.lttransfers.com/index-2.html

It looks like they charge $175 + postage and recording fees.

The resort charges $125 for transfer.

So Closing cost should be $300- $350 using LTT.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am surprised they haven't up'ed the transfer fee to the typical $299 charged by most wyndham managed resorts.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buyers should be aware that this resort does not allow guests to purchase the Smuggs Pass, which allows usage of the pools, activity programs, etc. (If you exchange in via RCI you are allowed to purchase this, but not as a guest of a deeded owner or a Club Wyndham owner). Guests can still purchase lift passes. And I believe that wi-fi access can be purchased (although in some sections it is a very poor connection). This is still a great property for personal usage, but is unfortunately one of those that still feels the need to treat guests of owners as inferior to exchangers.

This is best known as a ski resort, but summer usage is still wonderful. Plus, in summer the Notch road to Stowe is open (it closes in winter) so you can easily visit Stowe in just a few minutes for shopping and sightseeing. In winter, the detour to Stowe takes more than an hour.. Stowe is truly beautiful!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Is this still for sale?

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Available again. I rented out 2017 week so I had to wait. Please PM me if interested. Usage will start in 2018.

MelissaI

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This unit has an awesome location in the resort, for anyone interested. It is right in the village with easy walking distance to most amenities.