• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Primo Management Group real or scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right out of the gate, this statement is factually incorrect. To the best of my knowledge and belief, only Hyatt, HGVC and Marriott actually have (and they don't always even choose to exercise) right of first refusal. I am unaware of any independent (non-chain) timeshare anywhere that has ROFR. ROFR, to ever be exercised at all, must be overtly authorized within the resort condo governing documents, commonly known as CC&R's (covenants, conditions and restrictions).

There is a fair amount of first hand knowledge and experience with timeshare matters on this TUG site. If you are going to make any blanket statements or proclamations, please consider first making sure that they are factually accurate.

Also, his ROFR claim makes no sense. If your resort has ROFR, and you find a buyer, either you sell it to the buyer or the resort buys it using ROFR at the price you had contracted with the buyer. It's not like the resort just voids your deal and you can't sell. You might not sell it to your intended buyer, but you sell it back to the developer. It's out of your hands cleanly and easily, whether to the developer or to a private individual. So, he clearly is not knowledgeable about a fairly basic aspect of timesharing. He admonishes us to "do our research." I'd suggest he try the same.

(On a related note, DVC also has ROFR, and they are known to exercise it. We had to sweat through it when we bought our resale points.)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Also, his ROFR claim makes no sense. If your resort has ROFR, and you find a buyer, either you sell it to the buyer or the resort buys it using ROFR at the price you had contracted with the buyer. It's not like the resort just voids your deal and you can't sell. You might not sell it to your intended buyer, but you sell it back to the developer. It's out of your hands cleanly and easily, whether to the developer or to a private individual. So, he clearly is not knowledgeable about a fairly basic aspect of timesharing. He admonishes us to "do our research." I'd suggest he try the same.

(On a related note, DVC also has ROFR, and they are known to exercise it. We had to sweat through it when we bought our resale points.)

its a very commonly used misleading statement to trick owners into feeling they have no other options. Its just as common as the "your kids will be stuck with your timeshare after you die" trick too.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just gotta say, if I was attempting to peddle this type of (alleged) "service", TUG would not be my first choice of venue.

I think I would probably want to have a much better preliminary understanding of the material and important relevant facts (and the target audience) before "trying to sell refrigerators to eskimos in the middle of Arctic winter". Just sayin'... :ponder:

Last edited:

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Great thread! Halfway through my bag of popcorn, but almost choked from laughter when I got to the the ROFR part. Sean sure pulled that one out of an orifice.

For an industry awash in fraud, what better way for an "honest timeshare exit company" to make a name for itself than to NOT accept payment up front? But I have a feeling Primo won't do that.

And Sean, look into a grammar checker...

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Sometimes the Resort will take it back and we encourage you to try that first and if they do you don't need us. In most case's you can't sell it because the resort has the first right to refusal and more than likely they will and if your lucky and they don't it's called a quit claim deed transfer and you can still be liable if fees are not paid. Please, you have to be careful in giving some of the advise that you guys are giving because it can hurt a lot of people more in the long run.

You advise people here to be careful of the advice given but yet you appear to have a complete misunderstanding of the first right of refusal, a very basic timeshare process.

You imply that the resort can refuse the seller’s timeshare sale transaction. If the resort does exercise their right it has no impact to the seller as it doesn’t matter to the seller who pays them. The right of first refusal is not a bad thing for a seller.

If the ‘first right of refusal’ is being used as a scare tactic to convince owners to pay you thousands of dollars that is sad indeed.

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
I'm certainly not going to engage in debate with you, but (speaking only for myself) if I want "professional" services in regard to representation in any timeshare related matter, I personally would only choose to utilize a licensed attorney, one I've met face to face and who I know to be well versed and well experienced with timeshares. To each their own, of course, but I would never pay money to any of the (far too many) obscure, upfront fee "escape / relief / exit / rescue" outfits. I've never actually heard of yours before, although (unverified) BBB info suggests that PMG of Orlando, FL has been in business for two years. There are certainly plenty of others, most having been around a lot longer, but the song they sing is basically always the same, being some version of "trust us --- we are experts at Houdini-like escapes, we know the magical "exit" secrets, we offer a money back guarantee, look at our many happy camper testimonials, etc." :rolleyes:

The indisputable and fundamental fact of the matter is that timeshare ownership is a contractual legal obligation. There are no secret elixirs or verbal reassurances or promises or song and dance routines (...or "nagging") that can just somehow magically alter that fact. The so-called "Viking Ship" operations are essentially committing knowing and willful fraud, so that's certainly not a viable option for any owner looking for a lawful departure from their timeshare ownership, since that unwise choice can boomerang back to "bite them in the behind" later.

It's forward progress that some of the big "chains" have now voluntarily adopted their own internal "deedback" programs (with no middleman required), among them being Wyndham, Diamond and Westgate (although Westgate charges $900).

I certainly don't begrudge anyone trying to make a living; I simply do not believe in your "model" (or in your credibility).
Everyone is certainly entitled to their own viewpoint; I am merely expressing mine. :shrug:

I appreciate your feedback and hear what you're saying and i am not getting into a debate with you either. I was merely sticking up for the company that we built because of the things being written about us on this forum. As far as an attorney goes they don't go to school to specialize in timeshare law and they cant do anything more than we can unless they are suing the resort, good luck with that lol. Timeshare is nothing more than unsecured debt at the end of the day, that's all it is. I know it's hard to believe or maybe timeshare owners have a hard time accepting the fact they got ripped off but it's true. If you really owned something you would have a key to the place and could come and go as you wanted to but you can't. In fact you have to call a year in advance only to be told there is no availability but you still have to pay the fees. I don't know about you but that doesn't sound like you own something, i can go and come as i please at my house, just saying. I saw you deleted what you wrote earlier or revised it but anyways you gave me credit for being brave to jump in the lion's den. I am brave because i can back it up and again rather than hiding behind a computer why don't you call us and ask for me and i will prove it to you and you can come back and give an update that you were wrong and so is everyone else on here. The resorts do take them back in some instances and that is always the best option i agree, but not with a mortgage they don't and they only take back some paid off ones. I have met lawyers that have been practising for a year that are better than lawyers that i know that have been practising for fifteen year so your point of us being in business going on our third is not a good point at all, you certainly can come up with something better than that to discredit us can't you? Again i encourage any of you to call in and ask for me and i will prove what we do. TAKE THE CHALLENGE!

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
...and spell checker, and punctuation checker, and paragraphs.
Thanks for the advice but that has nothing at all to do with what we are talking about. I am sure that made you feel better though didn't?

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
Since TUG admin can see the IP address of posters, is there a chance that our newbie 'advocate' and the purported 'owner' could be similar- or even one and the same?
No chance at all don't need to do that to get timeshare owners to call us lol.

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
You advise people here to be careful of the advice given but yet you appear to have a complete misunderstanding of the first right of refusal, a very basic timeshare process.

You imply that the resort can refuse the seller’s timeshare sale transaction. If the resort does exercise their right it has no impact to the seller as it doesn’t matter to the seller who pays them. The right of first refusal is not a bad thing for a seller.

If the ‘first right of refusal’ is being used as a scare tactic to convince owners to pay you thousands of dollars that is sad indeed.

Selling a Timeshare Unit: What Does a Right of First Refusal (ROFR) Clause Mean?
However, at the time of purchase many timeshare owners may not realize that they have a clause on their contract that states that the management company has the right to refuse any sale.

I think your wrong

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
Since TUG admin can see the IP address of posters, is there a chance that our newbie 'advocate' and the purported 'owner' could be similar- or even one and the same?
wouldn't waste my time doing that but understand why you would say that. It's funny the more forthright i am with you guys the more you question me and our company, its sad really. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO CALL IN YOU WILL THINK DIFFERENTLY I PROMISE!!

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
always a treat when a new user shows up to promote an upfront fee company, then an employee of the company shows up a few days later.
Brian call in don't hide behind a computer. if you really want to help people with your forum make me eat my words when i can't prove it.

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
I don't believe that any timeshare company is going to let someone out or even more ridiculous give money back who still owes money on it without making them sign a non disclosure statement. So no I don't see you being able to show 20+ release forms from the last several months. If they were going to let you out after some nagging then it would certainly be in their best interest to cut out the nagging middle man and let those who want out, out by paying the middle man's fee directly to them.
I never said we get people money back at all. I can show you 20 release letters this month alone. CALL AND FIND OUT WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!!

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
So are you willing to do one of these timeshare exits where the timeshare owner pays you after you get rid of their timeshare ?
I hear what your saying but we have had people default on there payment plans once they get out and never pay the remaining payment plan with us. Unfortunately it goes both ways but if you call in i will work with you and may even do it this time just to make everybody in here eat there words because they're wrong about our company. I would like to first do a free consultation and show you proof of what we do and how we do it. Then we can go from there. Do your research on us or anybody you deal with regarding timeshare. I look forward to hearing from you.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Selling a Timeshare Unit: What Does a Right of First Refusal (ROFR) Clause Mean?
However, at the time of purchase many timeshare owners may not realize that they have a clause on their contract that states that the management company has the right to refuse any sale.

I think your wrong

Omg you are an idiot.

You don’t understand what ROFR is.

You are going to get yourself arrested for fraud if you go out in public expressing this degree of ignorance while purporting to sell some kind of “expertise” to help get people out of their timeshare ownership.

Better to crawl back under your rock than to make these kind of public statements that prosecutors can use to convict you of fraud.

Sean Chesser

Reaction score

I have people call in everyday that this has happened to so i think you should do your research as well. i have also seen transfers come back and bite people as well so again i think you should do more research as well.

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
Omg you are an idiot.

You don’t understand what
Omg you are an idiot.

You don’t understand what ROFR is.

You are going to get yourself arrested for fraud if you go out in public expressing this degree of ignorance while purporting to sell some kind of “expertise” to help get people out of their timeshare ownership.

Better to crawl back under your rock than to make these kind of public statements that prosecutors can use to convict you of fraud.

is.

Right of first refusal (ROFR or RFR) is a contractual right that gives its holder the option to enter a business transaction with the owner of something, according to specified terms, before the owner is entitled to enter into that transaction with a third party. That the definition right off there sight and i do know what it means. It means that you can sell it to a friend for three thousand and they have the first fight to stop that transaction and buy back from you for the resale price of three thousand and then they turn around and sell it for 30,000 tomorrow in a tour, that's the real scam. I tell you what pay your timeshare off tomorrow and call your resort and ask them to buy it back for a dollar and see what they say. In fact why don't you go to Ebay and get one for a dollar if there so lucrative lol. At the end of the day your nothing more than a member you own nothing but a piece of paper, WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian call in don't hide behind a computer. if you really want to help people with your forum make me eat my words when i can't prove it.

ive no reason to call an upfront fee company, nor would any TUG member.

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
ive no reason to call an upfront fee company, nor would any TUG member.
ok then how can you comment on something you have no idea about? I love how you guys keep saying upfront fee company, a lot of businesses take money upfront in a lot of business sectors.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Sean Chesser, yes that’s exactly what ROFR means.

No skin off my nose if I enter into a contract with a seller for $5k for my unit and Hyatt (say) buys it back. I still get my $5000 and I’ve sold my timeshare. Zero problem.

So you are encouraging TS owners looking to sell to tilt at windmills over the “injustice” of ROFR? Ridiculous, it does not impact the TS seller. They are not “trapped” or “ripped off” or whatever it is that you are implying.

Seriously you are one thing and one thing only: a sleazeball preying upon people who don’t fully understand that ROFR is a non problem. Look in the mirror, grow a conscience.

I am saying this to you under no illusions that you actually will grow a conscious. Just want to make it PERFECTLY clear to any unsure person who stumbles upon this thread that you are absolutely a crook who deserves to be in jail. (And very well may be some day.)

Tell us, Sean: what state are you located in? So that I may call the appropriate state attorney general to inform him/her of your enterprise.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
In addition to using ROFR as a scare tactic your company also scares owners by falsely stating that they can’t even give their timeshare away. After all, if they could give it away why would they need to pay you thousands?

From your website FAQ

“For instance, you may have heard of timeshare owners who sell their packages for as little as $1 on Ebay just to get out of the financial obligation. Depending on the terms of your contract, the resorts associated with the timeshare will not recognize this transfer. The new “owner” would not be able to use the timeshare at all.”

eBay and TUG are not the only sites that have many successful timeshare giveaways.

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
I think we should give RAH703 a hand for jumping on TUG and in his very first posts, asking about this wonderful, sounds-legit company that just wants to help us. Doesn't Primo sound legit? What could go wrong?
lol. I can see why you would say that and i know that other companies do that and i think there idiots to. We have better things to do with our time and our phones ring off the hook, so we don't need to do that. I wish i never responded to this to be honest, WOW! i never thought there were this many skeptical people out there in the world. SAD

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
its a very commonly used misleading statement to trick owners into feeling they have no other options. Its just as common as the "your kids will be stuck with your timeshare after you die" trick too.
We don't use any of those tricks Brian but do understand what you are saying. There are options if you are lucky to find someone who will buy it thats one option. You can also try to get the resort to take it back as well that's another. I never said there were no other options but the people that inquire with us have tried all of those and they have been upgraded to a payment they cannot afford and have nowhere else to turn. I have been on the phone with resorts and the owner and have heard from the resorts mouth that they will sue the timeshare owner and place a lien on there property for non payment. The are some good timeshare not all are bad but you know there are some that are terrible and what they do to some people just isn't right.

Sean Chesser

Reaction score
Just gotta say, if I was attempting to peddle this type of (alleged) "service", TUG would not be my first choice of venue.

I think I would probably want to have a much better preliminary understanding of the material and important relevant facts (and the target audience) before "trying to sell refrigerators to eskimos in the middle of Arctic winter". Just sayin'... :ponder:
I am not trying to peddle any service, don't have to. I was simply just defending our company and you would do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.