TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $13,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $13Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Quarter House Resort Units Explained

Discussion in 'US - Central States Timesharing' started by Saintsfanfl, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
    Wow, thats good news, do you by chance know what this unit is like as my friend is trying to figure out if this unit will be noisy...

2. spackler

spackler TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
    Any idea on a fair market price for a week 9 (Mardi Gras) for a 2-bedroom?

3. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Which unit number? Not all 2BRs are equal at the QH. Some are only 500+ sq ft with one bathroom shower only while on the other side of the spectrum some are 1,600 sq ft with jacuzzi tubs and some have 3 bathrooms. The 2BR lock-off is going to be the most valuable even over the penthouse.

If I had to guess on an auction market price from a decent reputation seller I would say $6k for the smaller 2BR and $9k for the lock-off but I might be off. It only takes two bidders that are after owner usage for the price to skyrocket.

One sold on ebay as a buy it now back in 2014 for $3,598 all in. It was a 2BR lock-off and an absolute steal in my opinion. I wish I had seen that one.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  4. spackler

spackler TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mostly just curious. I see unit 421 sold for over $15,000 on a non-auction site.

5. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

That is highly doubtful. Those listings sites will mark the items sold but leave the original price. You can't actually know what the unit sold at. They rarely if ever sell at the list prices but it is a great week and sought after so what likely happened is multiple offers were made but it sold for less than half the list price.

Unit 421 is decent size but not a lock-off. Still a fantastic mardi gras unit for sure.

6. spackler

spackler TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    It was on sellatimeshare.com - says it sold for $15,205.

I don't know anything about the site or how reputable they are.

7. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Does anyone know what this unit is like. My girlfriend leaves in 4 weeks and is dying to know if this is s nice unit. Thanks

8. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

All of the units are nice. Unit 208 is one of the few units with a balcony so that's a big plus. It is going to be a small 1BR unit.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  9. ran-ran

ran-ran Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

The only unit at the Quarter House with a balcony is 232.

10. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

No, that is not correct. Perhaps that is the only one you knew of because you own and stay in that unit. There are a small number of other units that share balconies facing Iberville. These are on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the older section. I believe these units are 207, 208, 307, 308, and possibly two more. They are small 1BR units.

232 is definitely the balcony unit to own though. Chartres is a better street to view than Iberville and it seems a little weird to share a balcony with other units.

Let me know when you want to sell that unit. ;)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    sharewhereMiMi likes this.
  11. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

I just contracted to purchase unit 516 week 27. I am not excited about a mid-summer week but I couldn't pass up a penthouse unit. Did you ever have a chance to stay in this unit?

Thanks

sharewhereMiMi likes this.
  12. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Dang, a penthouse week, you scored, congrats...how many square feet is this unit?

13. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

1,574. 16 sq ft less than one of my lock-offs but it should be much larger functionally. My large lock-off unit has quite a bit of sq ft taken up by long hallway space.

14. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SWEET, I'm going to have to be on the lookout for this unit on deal...thanks...

15. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

There are a total of 6 "penthouses" and most of them have 3 bathrooms. I don't know the square footage ranges but my guess is that they all hover around 1,500-1,600. All are on the fifth floor except 319 which is on the 3rd.

The lock-offs have more flexibility because they are all dual full 1BR units, but if I was owner using with my immediate family I would prefer a penthouse over the dual 1BR's.

16. ran-ran

ran-ran Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

FYI - Unit 232, a lockoff is not classified as a Penthouse unit but it is over 1,500 square feet and has three (3) full bathrooms also.

17. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Thanks. I did have that down for 232. 432 also has 3 bathrooms and I assume 332 does as well but I don't have that one confirmed. In several areas of the QH the unit floor plan is the same for the 2nd thru 4th floors.

18. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    I never did get back to this post to let everyone know my friend loved the QH but hated unit 208 as she felt is was too noisy, she said she got little to no sleep.

19. spackler

spackler TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    I own a 216 interval but haven't seen it yet. I'm told it's on the larger side (almost 1100 sq. feet) and yes, it has a washer/dryer. Don't know about noise level yet.

20. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

That makes sense since it has a balcony and faces Iberville. Some people would love the balcony and bedroom facing street but others would hate it. I like the larger rooms because some have windows in the living room but the bedroom is interior and quiet.

21. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

I have it down as 1 bathroom so let me know if that ends up being the case.

22. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    I love the units that have the bedroom area be nice and quiet.

23. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

One of my favorites is 430AB. It has windows in both living rooms but they overlook the tops of connected buildings so those rooms are quiet even if you open the windows. The bedrooms are completely black and extremely quiet. The A side is also on a different level than the B side (5 stairs and around a corner) so it feels more like two separate units than some others.

With the thick brick walls between units you can't even hear someone screaming in the unit next door. The only chance of noise in the interior is it coming from the hall or possible under someones door, into the hall, and then under your own door.

24. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Oh my gosh that one sounds fabulous, how much sq feet does that unit have...

25. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

1,590. 931 on the A side and 659 on the B. Some of that square footage isn't very functional though. Both entries have very long hallways.