TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Quarter House Resort Units Explained

Discussion in 'US - Central States Timesharing' started by Saintsfanfl, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, & Pinestead Reef
    How was your stay in 508 for week 51? Was it a large unit? I bet that’s a fun time to visit with it being Christmas

2. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

It was not bad but the bed arrangement info in Interval is incorrect. It shows a King and a Queen in the second bedroom but there is only one King. The sleeping capacity ends up being accurate because there are two sofa sleepers in the living room instead of the listed one. It is not like QH changed the arrangement and did not update Interval because there is not enough room in either bedroom to have a second bed as a Queen. This arrangement ends up not being ideal for us since we put the kids down fairly early and having to use the living room means there are kids in each of the three sleeping areas and no place to chill without bothering the kids. In a lock-off where there are two separate living rooms I can keep one of them to myself.

The rant for our needs aside, the room is pretty nice. The entrance opens to the kitchen and unlike some of the rooms it is clearly separated from the living room. It is not large, but no need to spend much time in it. From there there are a few steps up, then you can go upstairs to the two bedrooms or a few steps down to the living room. It is nice to have a separate bathroom downstairs while still having two dedicated bathrooms upstairs in the bedrooms.

Heading upstairs is a decent amount of stairs that u-turn half way up. The Master has a skylight and no windows. It was a nice surprise to see that the skylight had a motor to open it up but a big disappointment to find that it did not work. The motor hummed but never moved. The second bedroom had windows.

All three bathrooms had Jacuzzi brand jetted bathtubs.

As usual I forgot to take pictures.

klpca likes this.
  3. jhac007

jhac007 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
    Has anyone stayed in Unit #431 at the Quarter House, if so how many bathrooms, 2 or 3??

4. Linden

Linden TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Smoky Mountains, Club Wyndham Access, Quarter House New Orleans
    We have never stayed there. But it is a 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom 905 square feet with Saturday check in. Hope this helps.

sharewhereMiMi likes this.
  5. jhac007

jhac007 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
    Ok, thank you!

6. island22

island22 TUG Member

Has anyone stayed in Unit 432B at The Quarter House? It is Saturday check in and the small one bedroom side of a 1 bedroom lock off. Is this a nice room? With windows I hope? Or at least sky lights...
    Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  7. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

I would make a quick call to the front desk and ask. I have the full 432AB as 2BR 3Bath with two Queens and two sofa sleepers but I do not know if that is accurate. It "should" have windows on both sides given where the unit is located.

8. amanda308

amanda308 Guest

We just got an exchange into 507B. Can anyone share any information they know on this unit? Interval has it listed as a studio, but I thought they are all at least one bedroom?

9. spackler

spackler TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
    507 is literally the only "efficiency lockoff" unit they have. So yes, I believe 507B is the one & only studio.

10. amanda308

amanda308 Guest

That's good to know! Thanks for the help.

11. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

507A and 507B are both studios. The other 121 possible unit numbers have at least a private bedroom even though some are very small.

12. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham PresRes, Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (4), some others.
    I guess all this shows what a complex facility is Quarter House. You've been working on a QH database for how long now? And we're still guessing about the characteristics of some units.

I for one would be happy to try to fill in some of your blanks next visit to N.O. QH has been very willing to show a unit as long as it is not occupied.

sharewhereMiMi, scootr5 and klpca like this.
  13. scootr5

scootr5 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Quarter House, Wyndham Avenue Plaza - Mardis Gras week, Wyndham points
    It’s definitely no cookie cutter facility, with the maze of hallways.

14. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    We've owned a week in Unit 427 for ten years and I still make wrong turns trying to get to the elevator.

15. Pamela Kay RN

Pamela Kay RN TUG Member

Any info on Unit 504? How many floors is the Quarter House?

Thanks!

16. spackler

spackler TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    QH has 5 floors. Don't know much about 504, except it's a one-bedroom with a full fridge but no washer/dryer.

You can call the front desk & they'll happily give you more details, including square footage.

(Oh, and please share any info you may get from them). :)

17. ran-ran

ran-ran Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Based on 232B, I’d make the assumption that it is the same size unit. If it is, 232B does not have any windows. It is located at the very end of the hall at the opposite end of the building. I believe it’s about 500 square feet of space.

18. amanda308

amanda308 Guest

Thought I would just share some quick info I learned about 507B. It is 519 sq. feet. I will provide more after our trip!

19. spackler

spackler TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Although I own at QH, I'm going thru RCI for an upcoming trip as I have RCI points to burn. I'm apparently assigned 1-bedroom room 517 by RCI, but I'm not sure if that is set in stone or not. Anybody have thoughts on this unit? I'm told it has a washer/dryer & faces a courtyard.

Separately, it looks like I'll be charged $20 a day "resort fee", which is a bummer. Anyone know if I have to pay for the full 7 day interval ($140), even though I'm only staying for 4 days?

20. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Resort fee of $20 at Quarter House? That's a new one on me!

QH has an arrangement with a parking garage up Iberville and the daily rate is $20/day. Might that be it?

21. spackler

spackler TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Nope, parking is a separate charge. The $20/day is right on the RCI website. I just don't how how they calculate it (for the whole interval vs. days you'll be occupying it)

I'm assuming II does this as well, but don't know for sure.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  22. ran-ran

hi all,

anyone know anything about room 503

23. spackler

spackler TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Well, I'm back & might as well answer my own questions.

517 is nice, but the 'courtyard' view is of the smaller courtyard & you're on the fifth floor so you don't really see anything down below. The bedroom is on the interior (windowless) & was very quiet.

The $20/day RCI resort fee is just for the days you actually occupy the room, so we paid $80.

24. ran-ran

I stayed in 503 over Labor Day weekend. It is close to the elevator but we did not hear much if any noise from either other guests or noise on the street. Reason being is that you walk in to the open kitchen with square dinning table with four chairs. There are two doors from the kitchen, one to the bathroom and one to the living room. Once you walk in to the living room, there are two couches that convert into beds on opposite sides of the walls with a coffee table. It is a decent size room. There is also another door to the bathroom which was annoying because you were always hitting one door with the other, we tried to lock one but since this is a one bathroom unit, sometimes there was a need to get dressed in the kitchen area if there was company in the living room. There is a separate bedroom with a sloped ceiling and a queen size bed. It was cute but it was tight for even short people to maneuver around the room. There was only one window in the unit that faced Chartres Street that afforded a little light towards the living area. Overall, I would not prefer to stay in this room ever again.

I am also an Quarter House owner and this was an exchange through RCI. When I checked out and received the bill, I politely mentioned that I was an owner and the lady working the counter, removed the newly added resort fee for exchange visitors. I was happy that I did not have to pay anything for my stay there except the exchange fee.

klpca and jackio like this.
  25. spackler

spackler TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hey, thanks for the tip! I just called to inquire about this & they refunded me the $80.

sharewhereMiMi and ran-ran like this.