• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question for by Hilton Club (bHC) Owners

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, as an owner you would have access. Note, however that you can only use non W57 club points during the 44 day window.

You also can borrow W57 points from a future year. The trigger is "owner" not points. If you traded in via RCI, it might work but have never tried.

I would say no. Unless you can document or otherwise provide evidence that you are an owner. Easiest for the hotel would be to say “no”

I’m here at west 57th now so I could ask but I don’t think the regular staff would know. I would therefore be kind a hesitant of any answer.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If needed you could login to your HGVC account from your mobile and show your ownership to the desk

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, as an owner you would have access. Note, however that you can only use non W57 club points during the 44 day window.

You also can borrow W57 points from a future year. The trigger is "owner" not points. If you traded in via RCI, it might work but have never tried.

Btw I talked to the front desk manager at west57 and he said “no” access to the lounge when exchanging through RCI. But as he said as an owner they would make an exception I should just inform him on beforehand.

So no rules without exceptions :)

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Owners of that property only. We stayed at The Residences and were told it is The Residences owners only. Reciprocal access would make more sense and be a reason for people to do By Hilton Club.

I kind of like the bHC concept, but it seems like you really have to like the location you purchase. I like the new location in Waikiki, but don't think i would stay enough to make that pay off. I know many Tuggers like W57, but it felt to sterile to me. Maybe it would have more energy if I was able to use the lounge. I may try the Residences if i get an opportunity, to see how i like that.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I kind of like the bHC concept, but it seems like you really have to like the location you purchase. I like the new location in Waikiki, but don't think i would stay enough to make that pay off. I know many Tuggers like W57, but it felt to sterile to me. Maybe it would have more energy if I was able to use the lounge. I may try the Residences if i get an opportunity, to see how i like that.

I could see where W57 could feel quiet and limiting without the lounge. Small quiet lobby and only about 8 rooms per floor makes it very quiet and with little shared space beyond the room.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could see where W57 could feel quiet and limiting without the lounge. Small quiet lobby and only about 8 rooms per floor makes it very quiet and with little shared space beyond the room.

Yeah, the lounge really does add a lot to the experience. (By the way, I thought that there were 4 rooms per floor, -10 - -04? Maybe that's the floors with the premier units only?)

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@brp Yes, I was guessing based on lower floors. The Premier floors most likely have fewer rooms. The lounge definitely provides more space. We like to go to the lounge for a quiet place to read/work etc. during non meal hours. My DH will have to work one day on this trip and the lounge provides a second place to go - especially nice with a studio.

BTW...are the premier studio balconies on the city side or central park side of the building? I have put in a request. Hopefully will get assigned to one since we are on a weekday during non-peak and will take some photos from the balcony to share. We usually stay in the one bedrooms on the city side so this will provide a new perspective.

You can see the balconies from the rooftop bar atop the Viceroy a few doors down, however those balconies might belong to the penthouse units.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
@brp

BTW...are the premier studio balconies on the city side or central park side of the building? I have put in a request. Hopefully will get assigned to one since we are on a weekday during non-peak and will take some photos from the balcony to share. We usually stay in the one bedrooms on the city side so this will provide a new perspective.

You can see the balconies from the rooftop bar atop the Viceroy a few doors down, however those balconies might belong to the penthouse units.

Balconies are park-facing. And they even have a view of the park peeking in between the freakishly tall buildings on the north side of W. 57th.

We keep meaning to go to the top of the Viceroy, but have yet to make it.

Cheers,

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Balconies are park-facing. And they even have a view of the park peeking in between the freakishly tall buildings on the north side of W. 57th.

We keep meaning to go to the top of the Viceroy, but have yet to make it.

Cheers,

Wondering if the new building construction across W57 will block some of those views in the future?

re: Viceroy. It's just a bar, however it is nice to go there on a warm summer evening and look around. It has a fantastic view of the park and surroundings. That's the nice thing about NYC. Always a reason to go back.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering if the new building construction across W57 will block some of those views in the future?

From what I can see, I don't believe so. The really tall things are already really tall- they're just adding more on the top. I don't see evidence that they're planning to build the gaps taller.

re: Viceroy. It's just a bar, however it is nice to go there on a warm summer evening and look around. It has a fantastic view of the park and surroundings. That's the nice thing about NYC. Always a reason to go back.

We're back in April and likely September next year (in addition to the obligatory OHNY in October). One of those should be perfect. As for "always a reason to go back.." Roger that!

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We'll be back next April as well (hopefully on a $150 package) :)

Perhaps we can say hello.

Last edited:

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
Bumping this thread to clarify my understanding about who has (and doesn’t have) access to the owner’s lounge at W 57th.

If I understand correctly, owners at W 57th have access when they are staying there regardless of how they got there, with possible exception of an exchange in via RCI.
Folks staying there via guest certificate from a W 57th owner have access.
Everyone else, including owners at other By Hilton Club properties, and HGVC owners, no access to the lounge.

Do I have this right?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@magmue Yes, that is correct.

The only way a non-owner can gain access to the lounge is as a guest of an owner, or by renting from an owner and obtaining a guest certificate. (not from Hilton.com, HGVC Club or RCI)

IMO I wish they would allow reciprocal lounge privileges between the bHC owners because I would like to try the other properties, except we get lounge at W57 which makes the visit more social and enjoyable by giving you a space outside of the the room plus saves money on food.

I have heard of HGVCers staying at the midtown property and gaining access to the hotel lounge (not HCNY or Residences) with Diamond Elite level.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, owners at W 57th have access when they are staying there regardless of how they got there, with possible exception of an exchange in via RCI.

Mostly, and probably. According to the technical rules, and owner who is staying there on one of the package deals where we pay a good rate and don't use points doesn't have access. What I have heard is that we are given access in this case, but technically there is no access.

Cheers.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
FWIW we just did a presentation in Park City where they tried to get us to trade a W57th week (one of two) for a week in Hawaii.

The purchase would make us Elite and the salesperson claimed that Elite gets you access to all lounges. Anyone have experience with this to confirm or deny?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@JohnPaul Your gut is correct. Lips were moving. I've never seen a policy that supports this.

FWIW there is a "lounge" at Kingsland but it is open to everyone, has no food, and was taken over as the sales office. I am sure they would welcome an elite. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
The purchase would make us Elite and the salesperson claimed that Elite gets you access to all lounges. Anyone have experience with this to confirm or deny?

I am sure that we all know that the salesperson isn't the best source of information. I am sure that is the reason that you are fact checking his/her statement. I figure that most, probably all, HGVC Tug members know more about the HGVC and bHC workings than a salesperson.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Next time you are in a situation like that, ask them to show you in the contract where it states the particular benefit that they are spouting. Then watch them squirm.

Kurt