TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Question / idea on sub forums

Discussion in 'About TUG BBS' started by bbodb1, Jan 30, 2019.

1. bbodb1

bbodb1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club (Pompano Beach, FL), RCI Points: Oakmont Resort (Pigeon Forge, TN), Vacation Village at Parkway
    Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison
    @TUGBrian
    @Makai Guy

Brian / Doug,

Part of what raised my curiosity about a best practices guide was motivated by something I wondered about awhile back. Please check out the photo below:

ss 1.jpeg

It took me awhile to realize TUG had a section for WorldMark because the sub forum just doesn't jump out to the eye. Both the Hyatt and Kauai Beach sub forums have the same issue - they don't seem to stand out enough to be easily noticed. The Bluegreen sub forum is a bit more noticeable because it sits away from the bulk of the text.

Would it be possible to make the sub forums stand out a bit more by either:
    • Changing the color of the font for sub forums (in this case, have WorldMark, Hyatt, BlueGreen and Kauai be some other easy to see color, OR
    • Change the locations the sub forums are displayed - could Kauai, WorldMark and Hyatt be physically moved over so they aren't in the midst of all the other text. BlueGreen does stand out because it is in a less busy area of the screen. Could the other sub forums be listed similarly? If so, it might help drive some more traffic in their directions...
    Thanks!

2. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark

Another idea: Make a Forum titled SUB-FORUMS (or whatever is appropriate), and link them from there back to their current locations. If it was just a forum of subforums, and no posts made in it, any links would still maintain the continuity of the right posts being in the right sub forum.

Dave

Dave

3. alwysonvac

alwysonvac Sighting Expert TUG Lifetime Member

Since WorldMark was made a subforum under Wyndham, should Vistana and Hyatt be subforums under Marriott?

4. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Not unless things change dramatically, because at this point there is no overlap between the Marriott timeshare system and the Vistana timeshare system (or Hyatt, as far as I know.) The hotel systems, yes, but not the timeshares.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    SueDonJ likes this.
  5. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

if worldmark had more traffic, it'd be its own forum (although its not far off)

also when you browse a forum that has a subforum, that is displayed up at the top of the forum in much larger letters.

I will see if its possible to make the subforum links on the main page stand out more

klpca likes this.
  6. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Wow, I am not showing subforum: Worldmark The Club under Wyndham Vacation Resorts or under: All Other Timeshare Systems: Hyatt Residencie Club is not showing as a subforum.

Timeshare Resort Regions : US Hawaii Timesharing: Kauai Beach Villas IOA Public Square . This is not showing as a subforum.

7. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

If you click on Forums at the top of this page, the subforums show up under the main forum. They are smaller, but they are there. If you cannot see them, it must be something on your end.

8. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

I believe if you have a small enough monitor or view screen to be considered a mobile device or tablet...those subforums disappear as part of the reactive template for the forums on mobile devices.

9. pedro47

Thanks, TUGBrian, I am using an Apple IPad and it does not show the sub forms.
    On my desktop it does show the subforums.

10. Steve Fatula

Steve Fatula TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Desert Springs Villas II 2BR
    Playa Andaluza Silver Seafront 2BR
    Destinations Points
    On iPad right now, and it shows subforums using the built in browser. Ah, I see above Tugbrian posted about reactive, that makes sense, perhaps this is due to larger iPad pro then that I see it.

IMG_1961.PNG

TUGBrian likes this.
  11. pedro47

I have a birthday coming up; maybe I can hint around to the Commander-in-Chief for an Apple IPad Pro that has a large screen. Thanks Steve that was an excellent idea.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

TUGBrian and Panina like this.
  12. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    I have the smaller one and it is worth every penny or should I say worth the expensive price tag. My other half is thinking of getting one and if he does he will get mine and I will get the larger one. I also have a fabulous touch screen Dell laptop which is light but I use my iPad much more.

The good think with my laptop is that it will be very functional years to come but with the iPad it seems every couple of years I need to upgrade to maintain top notch functionality. I have been an iPad user since they came out.

13. Steve Fatula

Steve Fatula TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Desert Springs Villas II 2BR
    Playa Andaluza Silver Seafront 2BR
    Destinations Points
    Mine is several years old (early 2016), and I purchased it used on swappa as always, mint condition, < 50% of the new price, still under warranty at the time. No need to upgrade it. Got rid of my laptop years ago, no need for it. I love the 12.9" screen and paired with an external keyboard for any serious typing needs, does every bit as good as any laptop I have owned. I used it for remote server admin, programming, relational database administration, and many many other technical tasks.

Glad to help Pedro, I tend to not hint at anything, I just buy it.

The current going eBay rate for the model I purchased (256GB + cellular) is $100 less than I paid for it. So, when you purchase this way, I don't call $100 for 3 years bad at all. I suppose I will upgrade eventually, and sell my existing one.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  14. pedro47

Steve, My Ipad is over three years old and I love it. Panina, you are correct, every couple of years, I need to upgrade my Ipad.

15. Makai Guy

Makai Guy Administrator

Resorts Owned:
    Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
    If you are using it in portrait mode (screen taller than wide), try viewing in landscape mode (screen wider than tall). That might give you enough width for the screen to reformat.

16. pedro47

Thanks Makai Guy for that tip, it did work.:thumbup: