• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on dealing with winning Ebay auction

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
Hello, I'm dealing with Breanne at Express Closings right now. I have a question concerning the payment of the Ebay auction price. She sent me a credit card authorization form to pay this. I asked her if I could just pay through the Ebay pay now link and she responded "It is not allowed." Is it common practice? I figure if I pay through Ebay/PayPal at least that is protected. I guess I could always dispute the charge if she does not perform. (I did just post this in the thread about Express Closings LLC. below but I wanted to get some responses.)

Thanks for any response!

truckinusa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
if you are worried about the transaction use an escrow and/or pay for your own closing if they will allow it. Paypal doesn't guarantee real estate or allow it.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have more protections through your credit card company than either eBay or PayPal. Escrow is a good idea if they will allow it. Most of the sellers on eBay will not allow you to use a different transfer company because they are in cahoots with the transfer company (or are the same folks operating under different business names) so that they can make the transfer fee on top of any other fees.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Breanne at Express Closings is great to work with. I purchased $10,000 worth of timeshare from her and all went very well.

Great to deal with. Very honest and responsive.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
In addition to Paypal not protecting you in a Real Estate transaction, Ebay doesn't protect you either. As mentioned before, credit card, sales contract and escrow is your best protection.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Breanne at Express Closings is great to work with. I purchased $10,000 worth of timeshare from her and all went very well.

Great to deal with. Very honest and responsive.

+1 - great company and closing rep

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
Thanks for the responses. So far so good with Breanne!

(It is for 4800 pts. EY at The Bay Club. MF's are $1293. Seller to pay closing costs. There are 4800 points usable for 2019, the seller has paid the 2019 MF's and did not want reimbursement. Winning bid price was $238.50 and of course I will have to pay the Hilton fees of $473 transfer and $609 activation. Still sounds like a deal to me.)

E

greenmonster

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort
-----------------------------
Club Wyndham Access (pending)
How long did it take to transfer in your name and were able to see it on your online account?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
How long did it take to transfer in your name and were able to see it on your online account?
Hello Green,

I won the auction on 3/14/19 and the ownership showed up in my HGV Portal account on 4/18/19. So about a month. It took a couple of weeks for the points to show up however, but much faster than I expected.

E

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I have always used a credit card w/ zero issues. As others have said, it provides better protection