• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on Hilton Deeds

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Hey, I have a question about Hilton deeds. Besides the Westgate units at Elara, are there any HGVC units that don’t have any HGVC points associated with them? I’m looking at a free LV Boulevard gold season 1 bedroom and they are saying there are no points associated with it. Timeshare Nation is saying that the week can be banked into Hilton Honors and redeemed at their resorts. They are also saying the MF’s are $1900 (the spreadsheet that @GT75 created has LV Boulevard 1 bedroom MF’s as around $690).

This is all doesnt seem right. I have never heard of a HGVC unit with no points. If they were paying everything, including the $599 activation fee, I was considering taking it. Now? Not so much.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I think they might not know what they have because none of that makes any sense. AFAIK LV Boulevard was build and sold as points.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The first step in any HGVC transaction is to send in a ROFR request, that will produce an estoppel document that will clearly define what you are buying and how many points are available for the current year plus two years ( in case they borrowed to make reservations). It will also show the maint fees. You could offer to pay that fee to get the document, its $65.

You could also request a copy of the deed with the current owner info redacted, that should let you know what they are offering. Some Vegas deeds are multiple weeks, that might account for the higher fees.

When they say there are no points it could be just for the current year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The first step in any HGVC transaction is to send in a ROFR request, that will produce an estoppel document that will clearly define what you are buying and how many points are available for the current year plus two years ( in case they borrowed to make reservations). It will also show the maint fees. You could offer to pay that fee to get the document, its $65.

You could also request a copy of the deed with the current owner info redacted, that should let you know what they are offering. Some Vegas deeds are multiple weeks, that might account for the higher fees.

When they say there are no points it could be just for the current year.

I thought about asking for an estoppel. Never thought of asking for the deed, that’s a good idea. I specifically asked about points and if there were no points, how do you “exchange” into other HGVC properties. The reply was to bank the week into Hilton Honors.

I think @Sandy VDH may have it; they aren’t sure what they have. I just haven’t heard a non affiliate without HGVC points before. I was wondering if anyone else had.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I specifically asked about points and if there were no points, how do you “exchange” into other HGVC properties. The reply was to bank the week into Hilton Honors.
That hilarious! They obviously have no clue as to what they own or are advertising. I would proceed with extreme caution; obtaining a copy of the deed and getting an estoppel would be the bare minimum. If it is truly a free HGVC week, it may not pass ROFR either.

Kurt

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That hilarious! They obviously have no clue as to what they own or are advertising. I would proceed with extreme caution; obtaining a copy of the deed and getting an estoppel would be the bare minimum. If it is truly a free HGVC week, it may not pass ROFR either.

Kurt

I’m not that worried about taking it. Even if it was totally free, I wasn’t even sure I wanted to go after it. The reported MF’s were $1900. The current 1 bedroom MF at the boulevard is $610. Just a bit higher.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Kurt

Ok, I have a copy of the deed and it’s an even year, 1 bedroom, type 2 with no points listed on it. In my research on past Tug threads, it seems the “type 2” is the season, but there are no points to verify it.

Whether I take it or not, my curiosity is getting the best of me and want to find out! Yes, I’m a geek.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Ok, I have a copy of the deed and it’s an even year, 1 bedroom, type 2 with no points listed on it. In my research on past Tug threads, it seems the “type 2” is the season, but there are no points to verify it.

Whether I take it or not, my curiosity is getting the best of me and want to find out! Yes, I’m a geek.

A very interesting saga. The vendors seem to have no clue as to what they are really selling, since the maintenance fees are way out of whack for a 1-bdrm.

The deed, based on my experience with Ocean 22, will not make reference to the points. The points are only referenced in the accompanying HGVC contract documents we received. For instance we have a 1-bdrm plus, platinum season, which gives us 6200 points per year. However, our title deed refers only to week 27 and a specific unit number. Interestingly enough the unit number shown on the title deed itself, based on the room numbers in Ocean 22, is actually a 2-bdrm unit. However the legal unit numbers may have had a different configuration when the plans were registered, compared to how they decided to identify the rooms after construction.

Not sure if the estoppel will make reference to points either. Anyway, good luck on your quest.

Last edited:

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Not sure if the estoppel will make reference to points either.

The estoppel should reference this years and the next two years current available points.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Timeshare Nation messaged me and said the unit is no longer available. They said they are delisting the unit as they were having a difficult time getting documentation from the exiting no owners. If they are telling the truth (I have no reason to believe they aren’t), then the communication from the existing owners must be really bad or they weren’t truthful with what they have. A simple estoppel document would solve the issue. You would think that if you wanted to get rid of a timeshare and someone possibly was willing to take it, you would be as accommodating as possible.

@CanuckTravlr, the deed has it at unit 2 type with every even year occupancy rights and a 1 bedroom suite, but no week. It was a “0.0016% undivided interest in phase 2.” Not sure what all of that means, but that’s what’s on the deed.

@GT75, that’s what I thought.

It bums me out that I won’t know what the story is, but oh well.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Timeshare Nation messaged me and said the unit is no longer available.

That's too bad, but something did seem a little odd about it. Units at the Flamingo become available regularly on the resale market. You will get one eventually, if you want one. Best of luck on your search!!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Consider yourself lucky to get out of this one. You could have ended up with one of the worthless Westgate units at Elara, they have no HGVC points.