TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Question on Maui new tower float weeks

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by MOXJO7282, Feb 13, 2018.

1. MOXJO7282

MOXJO7282 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Am I correct in stating there is no difference in owning a Napili vs Lahaina Tower float unit?

2. Southerngirl528

Southerngirl528 TUG Member

Pretty much. We own 3 weeks deeded Napili, but Lahaina/Napili towers are considered the same resort so you could be in either tower.

3. Southerngirl528

Of course you can request whichever tower you might prefer.

If you are looking at "Island View" that will be Napili tower as there is no "Island" view designation in Lahaina tower. Napili only has either Oceanfront or Island views (wait, are there are handful of villas on the low floors with the angled view toward Molokai tower that are considered Ocean View???). Lahaina tower offers Ocean Front, Ocean View, Pool/Garden and Mountain views??? Someone that owns and stays in Lahaina correct me on those views, please. :D

4. TXTortoise

TXTortoise TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club
    MOC Lahaina
    Mountainside, Park City
    Vail Streamside Birch
  5. Southerngirl528

Yeah, but you have visuals, TXTortoise!!! Extra points for visual aids! :banana:

TXTortoise likes this.
  6. GregT

GregT TUG Member TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, DC Points HGVC: HHV Lagoon, Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, Aulani, Worldmark
    Joe, that is correct but about 65% of the floats are in Napili, if that matters to you.

Best,

Greg

7. TXTortoise

TXTortoise TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club
    MOC Lahaina
    Mountainside, Park City
    Vail Streamside Birch
    Greg, somewhat of a sidebar question...but for each tower, room control would have three independent, mutually exclusive groups, within which they begin assignment priority, correct? (Applies to old buildings also, other than fixed.)

Fixed Week Owners - Non-Assignable (Excludes original fixed weeks now owned by Marriott and in the Points Trust acquired through buy-back, foreclosure, etc.)

Floating Weeks - Destination Points Only (Trust Weeks and MOC weeks trading in for points)
    - Does Room Control differentiate priority between MOC Owners reserving back in vs non-MOC weeks DP owners?; or is initial priority the confirmation date for all DP reservations)

Floating Weeks - Weeks Owners
    - Room assignment of MOC Owners by confirmation date, then Marriott Reward Status, then II trades?)

8. GregT

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, DC Points HGVC: HHV Lagoon, Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, Aulani, Worldmark
    Ralph,

I agree with the three pools - Fixed/Float/Points but do not know how they assign rooms between floating week owners and owners using points.

It’s a little challenging to be confident in a high floor float/Point reservation in either Napili/Lahaina because there were so many fixed weeks sold - but there are many quality views.

I miss Maui...wish I was there now...

Best,

Greg

9. taffy19

taffy19 TUG Member

Me too but will be there very soon. :) I hope that the weather is better than here (Puerto Vallarta, MX). It is hot and muggy and no blue skies hardly.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  10. MOXJO7282

MOXJO7282 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Thanks Gregg, I didn't know of the percentages but just wanted to make sure an OF front could be in either. It really doesn't matter to me so I'm hoping a deal I'm working on goes through and I'll have my second OF float in the new towers and 10th overall, 5 being EOY.

11. Southerngirl528

So.... question..... Can 3 bedroom villas in Napili/Lahaina towers be locked off? Or no? Seems I have heard both ways. o_O

12. BocaBoy

BocaBoy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club--Lahaina/Napili Villas; Ko Olina Beach Club; Grand Chateau
    Yes they can.

13. BocaBoy

BocaBoy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    There is no difference if you have an oceanfront unit...you could be assigned either tower. However, if you have another view designation you are restricted to a single tower. This is because all ocean view and mountain/garden view units are in Lahaina Tower and all island view units are in Napili Tower.

14. BocaBoy

BocaBoy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Those angled villas you refer to should in my opinion be classified as ocean view, but they are actually ocean front. They are very nice views but nothing like the true ocean front views so so we always specify that we do not want one of them.[/QUOTE]

15. GregT

Resorts Owned:
    [/QUOTE]

I agree --- The 01 rooms in the Napili Towers are much more like an OV than OF and I would also request to not be in 01.

Best,

Greg