• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

question on WKORV reservation and cancellation penalty

island22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning,
I was lucky enough to snag a week at WKORV for March of 2017, booked OFD studio yesterday.
but I have a questions regarding cancellation policy for Vistana.
I read the info regarding cancellation penalty if you cancel 60 days prior to reservation $50 cancel fee etc, but my question is, this reservation is currently 78 days away. I am diligently looking for a "decent" airfare to OGG, but the reality is I may need to cancel this reservation if I don't find anything that works for us. What other limitations would apply to this week if I decide to cancel? Specifically I am wondering if I cancel more that 60 days prior to this reservation, would I still be able to bank my Staroptions for 2017? Or do I lose the ability to do so, by cancelling this reservation?
I wasn't able to find that addressed in any of the Vistana info on the website.
Does anyone know?
Thanks in advance!

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
You don't lose any StarOptions usage rights -- including banking -- as long as you cancel 61 or more days in advance.

If you cancel with 60 days or fewer, you would pay the fee and those StarOptions would be designated as "restricted." This means that those options could only be used to book something else 60 days or fewer from the desired arrival date (i.e. you lose the ability to book at 8 months). Those options also cannot be banked any longer.

https://www.vistana.com/ownership101

Last edited:

island22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks okwiater, I thought that is how it was handled, but appreciate your reply
have you ever stayed in OFD studio at WKORV? I figure trading in, we will most likely get first or second floor but who knows? we might get lucky! now if the UAL airfares would just drop a bit on that OGG non-stop from Chicago!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The WKORV-OFD studios are superior to all other WKORV studios (except WKORV-OFC) in that they have nice lanais and in that the kitchenette location is a bit more logical.

The downside is that units 2x27 and 3x26 are directly above the BBQs. The first and second floor units would logically be the most impacted.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks okwiater, I thought that is how it was handled, but appreciate your reply
have you ever stayed in OFD studio at WKORV? I figure trading in, we will most likely get first or second floor but who knows? we might get lucky! now if the UAL airfares would just drop a bit on that OGG non-stop from Chicago!
That would be my guess, but you will be in Maui in an OF unit. Getting a higher floor would be just icing on the cake...