• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quit Claim Deed vs Special Warranty Deed

Seana002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Williamsburg Plantation, OC Coconut Malorie
Has anyone sold their TS and handled the name changed deed themselves?

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I have done several, and used QCD, same as we were deeded.

If you like, I can email you one . . . PM me.

I also record them myself, in person and by mail.

I even did ones that we bought, resale, where the sellers were really not up to snuff on this sorta thing.

Seana002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Williamsburg Plantation, OC Coconut Malorie
That would be great to see what you have used. What state was the QCD prepared for? I have a TS in Maryland and Virginia. My email is Juliap21811@yahoo.com. Thanks

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
That would be great to see what you have used. What state was the QCD prepared for? I have a TS in Maryland and Virginia. My email is Juliap21811@yahoo.com. Thanks

I've been told it's not wise to post email addresses on the Internet.

I've prepared and recorded Deeds in Colorado (2), Missouri (2), and Florida (2) that I recall. Resort-owned weeks that I've acquired have been by QCD, too.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would be great to see what you have used.

The simple thing to do is take the Deed you received when you bought the Week, copy the language exactly except for changing the names of the transferor and transferee. If it was good enough when you acquired your Week, it should be good enough when you sell it...

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
The simple thing to do is take the Deed you received when you bought the Week, copy the language exactly except for changing the names of the transferor and transferee. If it was good enough when you acquired your Week, it should be good enough when you sell it...

Exactly what I do. Except I call them Grantor and Grantee. :cool:

Never had a problem.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Your terminology is the correct one...

George

And so is yours in my case, because Transferor and Transferee suggests there was no money involved, just a sigh of relief.

:D

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Just to say it, so that it got said, as a Seller you want to use a Quitclaim Deed, because with it all you are "warranting" is your interest in the property. You are not obligated to "defend" any other claim.

I had a semi-uppity couple, where the wife was a RE agent, wanting to buy a SW FL resort week, to use as a beach club, but they got all bent out of shape when I told them it would be transferred by QCD, the same as it had been transferred to the owners before us and the same as it had been transferred to us and the same as the resort transfer their weeks to new owners.

Their loss. They can pay to park at the beach, and not have a swimming pool, BBQ grills, hot tub, beach chairs, private restroom, etc.