TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Rayburn Country - Golfview Villas

Discussion in 'US - Central States Timesharing' started by travel maniac, Jun 19, 2015.

1. travel maniac

travel maniac TUG Member

Received a letter a few months ago that the resort has been taken over. The letter also mentioned that the new owners would be updating the resort. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything on possible Special Assessment?

We own a small RCI points contract here (bought through Scott but unfortunately he passed away not too long ago) and are wondering if it's worth keeping it.

Thanks.

2. Sudre

Sudre Guest

We own property here. They sent us a special assessment fee for $100 last year. Then after I called, asked about it then paid it they sent us the maintenance fee bill (but only after we paid the special assessment). Turns out they raise the maintenance fee to $600 from $359. I was expecting something more in the 400-500 range considering the added special assessment fees.

I called and talked to Kyle Peterson who took over the property. I asked if they were going to be rewarding more points or anything like extra vacations since their maintenance fee to point ratio was now the highest I own. Particularly with the assessment fee they added on. He replied no. I got the impression they would send out another assessment fee next year too. It's for covering the firewood and such then he complained about how people burnt fires even when not needed.

I ask him if they were buying back the properties and he said, "Timeshares are worthless and a scam" and he was not going to buy any of them back. He said, "No one wants them." He was also very clear that he did not understand how the RCI points system worked and it didn't sound like he cared. He explained how he was a hotel manager before. The whole conversation left me feeling like I will give this resort away. I have a bad feeling about it.

Would love to here any other opinions about this place. I got the property for the low maintenance fee expecting it to go up a bit but not almost double. They've been promising to fix it up for years. It has never happened. At least I purchased the property very very cheap. I am still deciding if I will pay the maintenance or just let the property go. I see no way to resell it with this current maintenance fee and special assessment fees.

3. buniconk

buniconk Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Dikhololo (S. Africa), Sam Rayburn
    We, too, own at Sam Rayburn Country Club. We purchased it in 2008 for almost nothing, and have enjoyed the generous 27,500 annual RCI points for very low maintenance fees (MFs). (Last year MFs went up to $414 + $100 assessment. (Here's the MF History = $260 in '08; raised to $286 in '10; raised to $314 in '12; raised to $414 in '17 + $100 assessment in 2017.)

We stayed there for the first (and only . . . ) time in 2015, and found it a disaster -- terribly run down & filthy. The office moved us to another unit but it was equally filthy & run down. I attended a Board Meeting while we were there, and I listened to the housekeeping supervisor give a raving report -- I presented a slide show of the filth & disrepair and expressed my dismay at the appalling condition of the property -- and I was essentially ignored by the Board. The Board seemed to have no idea what is happening or are powerless to change anything. I suspect it is the latter. We were told (by someone who is in the know) that Clyde Pederson, President & CEO of Rayburn Country Timeshare Assn, owns a large number of properties there -- I am guessing that he got them in foreclosures for next-to-nothing and is milking them to the end or is reselling them privately for a handsome profit. We recently received a request to change ownerships to a reduced number of units (the best ones) to salvage the property ownership because there have been so many foreclosures (from non-payment, I assume) -- it required 100% approval by the remaining owners, & we have not heard the results. They essentially are holding us hostage -- either agree to the reduced ownership & keep the same maintenance fees (MFs) - or if they don't get 100% owners' approval, then MFs will go up because they need to pay the resort expenses over a smaller number of owners.

My question is - what are they going to do with the units that are abandoned, if they get their 100%. Is Mr. Pederson going to take ownership of those also?

We requested to deed-back the property in 2015 & Mr. Pederson declined. We then attempted (unsuccessfully) to sell the property, but ultimately decided it was best to keep the property because (with RCI) you can move credits from weeks to points only if you have both types of ownership. We make good use of our credits on the points side and do often move most of our weeks credits to the points side. So up until now it has been worth it to own such a crappy property. However, if the MFs start going up even more, or if we get a big assessment, we may have to reconsider that strategy.

It looks to me like people are letting go of their ownerships by simply not paying their fees. It's rather expensive for a property to foreclose, & it's hurtful to your credit rating -- but if we care about neither, then it seems a no-brainer. We are just undecided what to do because we do like those 27,500 annual points, and the price, so far, is still OK. Time will tell . . . (I'm hoping WorldMark by Wyndham will acquire the property like they have done so many other failing resorts -- it'll probably be the only way we see any future in Sam Rayburn Country Club.)

4. bogey21

bogey21 TUG Member

Good deal while it lasted. Chickens have now come home to roost!

Get out any way you can.

George

5. buniconk

buniconk Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Agreed. Just quit paying?

6. KACTravels

KACTravels TUG Member

Received this today..
    [​IMG]

Points weeks for Points owners Trading Times Clients

It has been 3 years since the passing of Scott Riddle. We have been tasked with trying to assist Scott's clients in their ownership of timeshare and sort through some of the issues that may have not been resolved in their dealings with Trading Times. Some issues we will not be able to assist in but will put forth my best efforts to try.

Our company is International Condominium Wholesalers which has been in business for 25 years. We specialize in timeshare around the world and selling RCI weeks and RCI points. With over 15,000 sales, we pride ourselves with the knowledge and experience of the timesharing industry.

28,000 Global Points annually, deeded for $250.00 sales price. Low maintenance fees of $250.00 annually .That breaks down to less than a penny a Point! Unheard of in this industry!

I have a very limited supply and they will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Please call 800-613-7410 if you or friends are interested. Thank you for your patronage and have great day!

SELLERS: depending on where you own, we may be able to assist you in getting rid of your timeshare property.

Whether you are a Buyer or Seller or just an owner that needs assistance, we can be reached at 800-613-7410.

Highest Regards,
    Jeff Crouch
    President of ICW

7. buniconk

buniconk Guest

Resorts Owned:
    After reading the previous posting, I was curious about who/what ICW is. My research of International Condominium Wholesalers on the TUG website was very interesting reading...

8. CMVer

CMVer TUG Member

I, too, am concerned about this place. Maintenance fees are way out of line and it seems like the attitude of management is that they don't care. I really wish the place would fold and we could just walk away. I've asked about paying to get out or getting a unit with more RCI points but no answer. If anyone hears anything from or about this "resort" please post.

9. KACTravels

KACTravels TUG Member

Have you received your MF Statement yet? I have not

10. Peachy

Peachy Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Sam Rayburn Country Club
    We also own property here. After they raised the maintenance fee to $600 from $359. I contacted them and talked to Kyle Peterson and asked for finical statements for the past three years backing up their decision. He promised it will be sent soon but I have not received anything yet . Based on my understanding of Texas timeshare laws they have to provide financial disclosure to the owners but they have not done so.