• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI 45 day window - do I have this right?

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
When looking to check-in within 45 days at an RCI affiliated resort, I can either:

A. Purchase a week from Last Call inventory, or
B. Purchase a week with 9000 points + exchange fees

The difference between these two options is the source of the inventory, with option A coming from RCI Weeks resorts and option B coming from RCI Points resorts.

Do I understand this correctly? :)

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
NO - option B is from RCI Weeks inventory.

Someone else in another post said they had been told that this program was ending. There is a question to Madge about that currently.

JeffV

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It certainly hasn't ended yet and I expect that is another urban myth.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....

So, both options pull from the same inventory. Why, would I pay 9000 pts + $150 exchange, when I can get the same thing for $150 (1 br.) on Last Call? :confused:

Does that mean it is not possible to snag a points resort as an Instant Exchange (9000 pts)? You have to pay full point value, even though it is within the 45-day window?

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Pit said:
Hmmm....

So, both options pull from the same inventory. Why, would I pay 9000 pts + $150 exchange, when I can get the same thing for $150 (1 br.) on Last Call? :confused:

By the same token, for the majority of RCI's members, the Weeks members, why would they give up a deposited week when they can get an exchange for the same price without giving up a week?

The only reason I can think of is that they have a week about to expire.

Perhaps that's why there are so few Last Calls.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
JLB said:
By the same token, for the majority of RCI's members, the Weeks members, why would they give up a deposited week when they can get an exchange for the same price without giving up a week?

The only reason I can think of is that they have a week about to expire.

Perhaps that's why there are so few Last Calls.

That would seem to suggest high demand for Last Call, but not necessarily a poor supply.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We Took Last Call Instead Of Instant Exchange.

Pit said:
Why, would I pay 9000 pts + $150 exchange, when I can get the same thing for $150 (1 br.) on Last Call?
In November & December 2005 we were looking for a nice Orlando timeshare -- at Motel 6 & Super 8 rates -- for our January 2006 after-Christmas vacation.

Our son & daughter-in-law had just snagged an outstanding 7,500-point Instant Exchange 2BR reservation for their pre-Christmas Orlando vacation, so we decided to follow suit for January.

Just before we locked in a 7,500-point Instant Exchange 1BR timeshare reservation, we decided to check & see what was available among the dogs & cats of Last Call.

On the Last Call list for $149 + zero points was the same Orlando 1BR we were ready to take for $149 + 7,500 points on Instant Exchange.

So we went with Last Call.

Duh.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

short

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our last call in Dec.

In December we decided to go to Cape Cod to visit relatives over Christmas. I had been searching for a few weeks and there was lots of availability but all 1 bedrooms in the time I wanted to go. Since I have 2 adult children I needed at least 2 one bedrooms or a 2 bedroom. I did have two weeks that are getting close to expiring that I could have used but I also checked Last Call and there was 2 one bedrooms at the Cove at Yarmouth so I grabbed them for $149 each. Why use a week for no useful purpose.

I would also note (and this is my opinion and in no way official) I believe weeks wonder back and forth between weeks inventory, last call, and extra vacations. Sometimes they appear in both at the same time, sometime in last call and extra vacations at different prices. The Cape Cod weeks I was following were on Last Call for about 2 weeks. Many of the January weeks had still not been taken but they disappeared. They were still available for a week trade in weeks and in extra vacation at $229.

I have other examples but I will leave them for another time. I still have 2 weeks banked that expire at the end of the year. I am not sure I will use them, they may expire unused. I will not really cry to much. I have gotten 5 extra vacation/last call weeks in the last year for $259 or less.

Short :D

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
never mind

Last edited: