• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Cash week Ocean city likelihood

Azdro716

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. My documents have been sent to HGVC and well be official members within a week, this site saved us aton of money. I have update rofr.net!

The last two weeks of August my son's summer camp ends, and we dont have coverage. I was hoping to maybe get in to Ocean City HGVC with the cash week for $250. I admittedly have done all research on HGVC and am not familiar with the RCI process. I am assuming they are dumps and hard to get in to as to not get my hopes up. I do know that HGVC trades in with them. How likely is that resort to show up as one of the $250 cash weeks at the end of the season? It is a driveable trip so we're targeting that area.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Hi. My documents have been sent to HGVC and well be official members within a week, this site saved us aton of money. I have update rofr.net!

The last two weeks of August my son's summer camp ends, and we dont have coverage. I was hoping to maybe get in to Ocean City HGVC with the cash week for $250. I admittedly have done all research on HGVC and am not familiar with the RCI process. I am assuming they are dumps and hard to get in to as to not get my hopes up. I do know that HGVC trades in with them. How likely is that resort to show up as one of the $250 cash weeks at the end of the season? It is a driveable trip so we're targeting that area.

I am not sure what Ocean City your talking about but a summer week on the shore is probably the hardest find there is like a winter week in the Ski Areas. That is THE TIME. Therefore, the chance of getting a week at all when you don't own is difficult if you want Gold Crown. The lesser rated resorts may be possible, but last call $250 weeks usually are not found at desirable locations during desirable times. Using my RCI points I booked a 2 BR at a Gold Crown Resort in Vermont for the time period you are talking about for my Daughter, Son-in-Law, and two grandchildren and us with private sleeping for 6, seven months ago since it is so hard to get what I wanted during that time frame. Good Luck with your late search, but I would plan that vacation with points or pay for an extra vacation if available at this late date.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you mean Ocean City, MD than I don't think it is at all likely. The $250 type weeks generally don't start until late October and go through the end of March. Shoulder season is still fairly high in demand. If you are looking for something in that general area (but not beach) you might have luck finding a Williamsburg or Massanutten week late August.