• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Exchange to Disney

ljlong15

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two years back I was able to trade my Sheraton Broadway Plantation for Easter week at Disney Saratoga Springs in a 1 bedroom. I am trying to do the same for Presidents week(Feb) with my 2018 SBP deposit. The staff at RCI tell me it is very unlikely that it will come up....only if a Disney timeshare owner deposits their week which I would guess would be very unlikely. Just wondering if that is pretty much true? Thank you

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did see this week come up at the last minute this past Feb (2017). I assume it was someone that cancelled.

The reality, DVC inventory has been becoming less and less over time. The people that obtain usually have OGS set up more than a year in advance. If you haven't received the exchange now and you want to go to Orlando, your best bet is to start working on plan B now.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you look in the Sightings forum, you will see the number of TPU currently required to match against a Disney 1BR deposit. My guess is that your deposit does not have sufficient trade power right now.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two years back I was able to trade my Sheraton Broadway Plantation for Easter week at Disney Saratoga Springs in a 1 bedroom. I am trying to do the same for Presidents week(Feb) with my 2018 SBP deposit. The staff at RCI tell me it is very unlikely that it will come up....only if a Disney timeshare owner deposits their week which I would guess would be very unlikely. Just wondering if that is pretty much true? Thank you

RCI are typically naysayers when it comes to Disney deposits. But if you follow the Disney threads, you can see that there are matches and deposits. The prices do seem to be on the increase, though. But even so, when compared to the actual DVC points, it is still quite a bargain.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The amount of Dvc deposits in Rci is not depended on owners depositing their “week”. It is however depended on DVC owners exchanging into RCI using their DVC points.

Disney then deposit an equivalent number of weeks into RCI. Which resort is entirely up to Disney.

Currently I can see that there is availability for president week 2018 at SSR within the DVC system. Don’t know if that means Disney will actually deposit it eventually.

You best bet is an OGS and then stalk RCI multiple times a day. Have in mind that DVC deposit in RCI happens both as weeks and points deposits. Only weeks deposits will match a search whereas points will not.

ljlong15

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the info. I have 31 TPUs for my SBP and an OGS. I have a Marriott with 42(but that one I can't exchange to Disney in Orlando as it is Marriott Cypress Harbour.) I think it has been there close to 1 1/2 now and no matches. I really wish I never deposited the Marriott I have on RCI. I feel(just my opinion) there are so many higher quality resorts on Interval. Thank you all again.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that you would have nice trade options within Interval with your Marriott.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the info. I have 31 TPUs for my SBP and an OGS. I have a Marriott with 42(but that one I can't exchange to Disney in Orlando as it is Marriott Cypress Harbour.) I think it has been there close to 1 1/2 now and no matches. I really wish I never deposited the Marriott I have on RCI. I feel(just my opinion) there are so many higher quality resorts on Interval. Thank you all again.
If you read the Sightings board, you will find that you should make other plans that don't involve staying onsite at Disney.

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
Neither of your deposits have enough TPU to match, based on recent reports.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

If it is worth it to you to combine the two deposits, then you'd have enough TPU, but there is no guarantee that Washington's Birthday week (Feb 17 - 24, 2018) will appear in RCI in the next few months. Are the alternate dates when you could go ?

ljlong15

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok so if I was to combine the 2 deposits and let's say it did match and it was 51 points...do I still have the left over points to use at another date? I am going to guess no but thought I ask to be sure. Thanks for all the helpful info.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you do get a credit for anything leftover and can use those in the future. One of the nicer things with RCI.....you can squeeze a couple/few trips out of one deposit. You would have about 22 left. As you are searching RCI....see what that amount of TPUs will get you.

The bigger question, which I don't have the answer to. Will you have a regional block on the combined deposit?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes, you do get a credit for anything leftover and can use those in the future. One of the nicer things with RCI.....you can squeeze a couple/few trips out of one deposit. You would have about 22 left. As you are searching RCI....see what that amount of TPUs will get you.

The bigger question, which I don't have the answer to. Will you have a regional block on the combined deposit?

Regional blocks will apply if one of the combined deposits are blocked or if leftover points from a blocked resort are used.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Regional blocks will apply if one of the combined deposits are blocked or if leftover points from a blocked resort are used.
You are correct. I failed to remember the Marriott which was deposited into RCI was in Orlando.