• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI problems

rachel1998

Reaction score
Anyone having problems this morning with RCI? I can log in but everytime I try to go to the exchange part it tells me they are experiencing problems and to log out and try again.

EvelynK72

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same for me. I can go to the other "tabs" - deposits, extra vacations, etc., but when I go to exchange, I get an error message telling me to log out and try again or call RCI internet help.

goofygirl17

Reaction score
I know the site was down for maintenance. It originally said from 8 am yesterday to 10 am today and then last night (at 8:40) it said 8:45 pm to 3 am. When I try to log-in I can't even get the page to load. The error message says something about no backend server available.

BoredinVT

TUG Member
Reaction score
With a little luck, this longer than normal maintenance session will result in faster service..But I'm not holding my breathe. ;)

goofygirl17

Reaction score
Now it says from 4:30 pm Saturday to 9:00 am Sunday. WTH? We have an exchange on hold that I'd like to check.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
i still have the message that it will be down til 9 am.....

not a good sign.......

goofygirl17

Reaction score
Does anyone have the 800 number? I would really like to check our exchange that is on hold and see if there are any other options. I'm hoping that they didn't end the hold on it because I couldn't confirm it with the website down.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
When I tried to log on yesterday and it said the system was down May 16 and 17th. Too bad it was May 30th. I see when I log on this morning at least they changed the dates to the right date, but it look like it will be down till 5 pm.

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
I can not even load the home page. I keep getting this message:
Message from the NSAPI plugin:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.

goofygirl17

Reaction score
Now the message says from 4:30 pm Saturday to 5:00 pm Sunday. It has actually been down since 8 am or something yesterday morning. I hope they're fixing all the glitches- they must be having trouble with it.

I wish I could find the # to call.

Okay- I'm not too bright in the morning- I just need to look at my catalog to get the number- duh!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
HGVC and Wyndham Online searches?

RCI has been promising and teasing HGVC and Wyndham generic online searches. Maybe this extended outage is the changeover in the system?!

...or maybe the field mice that power the website were tired and needed a vacation.

Tracey

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We all have our hopes and wishes, don't we? :)

Me, too! RCI Points is the pits for searching. You can only see one area, 30 days at a time.

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Still down at 2 PM

It's 2:00 PM here in Deerfield Beach, FL and I am still getting the Back End Server error message.

I can't even get to the logon page, as soon as I try to access the website I get the error message.:crash:

Suzanne
:(

Sue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked the website again. Used Rci.com instead of my shortcut and the website showed a message that stated it would be down until 5pm eastern time.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's 4:33 pm EDST and I get the RCI message, down until 5:00 pm

Something is telling me that isn't going to happen. Has anyone called RCI today. I avoid calling if I can, it usually makes me break out in a rash (though lately I haven't had any issues with the VCs). I have a couple of units on hold that will be released tonight at midnight. I'm curious if this whole maintenance thing may have inadvertently released them. But at this point, I'm not ready to make the call. I like to have things pulled up online before I call, plus I don't have my Points ID written down anywhere.

Dottie

TUG Member
Reaction score
New notice--not til 8m EST. Somehow, I don't think they will make that one either. Maybe tomorrow.

jbuzzy11

TUG Member
Reaction score
with all the problems there have been with my account I hope this gets it right.

Marvin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get a window now that says it will be down until 8 pm, Eastern, Sunday.