• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI problems

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Im going to be optomistic and hope that tonight's issues mean that a fix is in the works. Please don't get me wrong--I love my RCI vacations. Its the innefficiencies and secrecy that drive me nuts!

I, too, love my RCI vacations. I had emailed RCI (feedback) a few days ago to complain about the loss in trading power. Where I used to see lots of OLCC units (all villages) for Jan - May 2011, I wasn't seeing ANY! FWIW, the response that I got from RCI is as follows:

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for the delay in our response.

The units are still pulling up against your deposit; for some reason they are just not showing online. Hopefully, this is something that will be resolved soon.

Kind Regards,

RCI North America​

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Weeks search

Tried to do a weeks search just now and it is still messed up.

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Weeks down

RCI Weeks is down again this morning . . . (6:30 am Eastern Tiime)

avad88

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Boo Hoo

I haven't been able to log onto my weeks account for a week. I keep getting different messages and sometimes can't pull up the home page. I tried to call but was put on hold for so long, I hung up. I prefer searching myself and I don't want to pay an extra fee because I called a rep. I dread searching because after reading all the posts, I'm afraid our units have lost lots of trading power too. I was pulling DVC with my Myrtle Beach unit, but probably won't now. I should have done something a couple of weeks ago when I saw them. :bawl:
I wonder how long this will be going on.
Although I've been happy with RCI, 2 of my units trade with II, so I may switch if RCI doesn't get its act together!
Ava

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same Here!

I cannot log into RCI either, but it appears that I am getting a different error message.

"Due to internal error, the system is unavailable"

Currently, the RCI Weeks site is experiencing heavy traffic. We value your business and apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. If you need immediate assistance, please contact an RCI Guide. [M2]

Anyone getting this one? I just want to make sure it is not my browser acting up. :wall:
Thanks
Arnie

jancpa

TUG Member
Reaction score
The error message I'm getting now is:

Due to internal error, the system is unavailable.

For internal use only: Exception in LoginWeeksSystem: WeeksAdapter can't change.

Are some people able to get through to post on the RCI Sightings Board?

geekette

Reaction score
I cannot log into RCI either, but it appears that I am getting a different error message.

"Due to internal error, the system is unavailable"

Currently, the RCI Weeks site is experiencing heavy traffic. We value your business and apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. If you need immediate assistance, please contact an RCI Guide. [M2]

Anyone getting this one? I just want to make sure it is not my browser acting up. :wall:
Thanks
Arnie

That's the one I've been getting since last night.

geekette

Reaction score
I haven't been able to log onto my weeks account for a week. I keep getting different messages and sometimes can't pull up the home page. I tried to call but was put on hold for so long, I hung up.
Fun part is that while on hold there is a blurb something like: "For immediate service log onto our website at RCI.com!"

:hysterical:
:crash:
:shrug:

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Fun part is that while on hold there is a blurb something like: "For immediate service log onto our website at RCI.com!"
... and the two emails sent today advertising a sale on Getaways and Cruises. Let's encourage more folks to try hitting the website while it's down!

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was moving right along just now 1145am EST, but when I went to search for a vacation, click on a specific area, I then received the message that my session has timed out. as I was to look at some specific resorts that were matching. :(

Liliana

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder what they are doing - I still can't get in

I don't even get an error, it just asked me to verify I will be sharing info and when I click yes, it kicks me back to the login page.

I was able to get in yesterday but found nothing in Europe for all of Aug or September under the weeks inventory..I found that very odd. I saw inventory in points search but very little in weeks.

I don't know what enhancement they are talking about either everything looked the same to me, but slower.

lawgs

Reaction score
jsut called due to the way the internet site was working

just called to see when the internet site would be working such that we can do searches, before i could say anything to the VC ....

he said:

can you call back in an hour the system had crashed.....

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doing Upgrades

I just now talked to one of the VG's at RCI for Wyndham. He said the systems are down for another upgrade. Call back in 30 minutes or so. :zzz: I should have booked last night.:shrug:
Oh well, Guess patience will be rewarded.:p

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Be sure you all call on Friday to complain but keep your complaints brief. Here is what I am going to say:

1) General loss of trading power, not seeing as many Hawaii resorts, down from well over 500 weeks daily to < 100, many are last-minute.

2) I could see over 166,000 weeks daily, give or a take a thousand. Now I see only 126K with some of my weeks, and only 146,000 for one. They are all very different, and used to be exactly the same, before the enhancements.

3) How do you take away a person's trading power, when it was exactly that reason we deposited 5 prime weeks with you in the first place? What enhancements did we get out of this loss of trading power? I see no enhancements that help me.

4) I want my weeks back-any that are not used by exchangers, I want them back to put them into II.

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok let er rip!!!

For what it is worth I just logged on to the RCI web site. All seems well.:cheer:
Hope it stays that way. I was also able to view my hold week.

Sue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought the website was going to work, got all the way to picking what state and then this pops up:

Sorry your transaction cannot be completed at this time. Please sign out of RCI.com and back in to resolve issues. If you continue to experience problems, contact RCI Web Support at 1-800-338-7777 and select option 1. (Error #0112358)

For internal use only: Error from Extra Vacations
EJB Exception: ; nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: An invocation of EJB SearchOrchestration(Application: serviceplatform, EJBComponent: searchorch-ejb.jar) timed out while waiting to get an instance from the free pool. :crash:

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm!!

Gosh, I'm sorry about that.:eek:
I was just on there. Try to dump your browser cache, like temp files and stuff. Then try it again.
Hope it helps.

magiroux

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get this after I log into weeks account....

Message from the NSAPI plugin:
No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called RCI and was told that the computer system is totally screwed up. Some weeks are phantoms (don't exist but are showing up) other weeks aren't showing up at all (but they are available). The Vacation Guides have been asked to work overtime to help with the flood of calls, but they haven't been told when the system is going to work either. (It was supposed to really be fixed two days ago.) When I finally managed to stay online to look up vacations (keeping the VG on the phone), she told me to click on an exchange and was betting it wouldn't show up. Voila! :eek: She was right!!! :annoyed:

In all my frustrated attempts to get vacations booked, I'm trying really hard not to take it out on the person on the other end of the phone who is as frustrated as I am... :wall:

jamstew

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the response I got to my inquiry about why, when I can get on the web site, my trading power is down and I can't see Bonnet Creek despite always to seeing it before, and being able to see every other Wyndham on the planet:

"Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.

It is frustrating when a website changes and new or updated features
don't respond exactly as expected. This is especially challenging when
making updates or changes to a live website, which allows access to
real-time inventory via the mainframe computer for nearly three-million
members worldwide. Please be assured, our technical staff is working
diligently to work out the glitches which inevitably occur with website
changes.

Kind Regards,

Customer Communications
RCI North America"