• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recent Sales Update New Tactic

TigerDavid4Him

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk
Wyndham Flagstaff
Club Wyndham Access
Last week we were at Wyndham Ocean Walk in Daytona. My wife always makes me go to the update because she likes the $100 gift card to shop with. The salesman told me I needed a "self sustaining account". Basically he tried to add a contract for 84000 points for $14k and then I would used the new points to pay my maintenance and most of my payment and still pay the same amount I was already paying in maintenance per month. He also was giving us enough bonus points to be VIP for 2 years. I heard several people around me and they were basically doing the same approach. I told one couple about TUG who was getting ready to take the plunge. They also kept talking about a new program called Blue Thread where you get several more resorts and supposedly can book a 2bedroom for as little as 105k points but nobody could ever show me on paper what it really was.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Anything they say isn't worth paying attention to unless they back it up in writing.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So you need to be in debt in the tune of $14K to have a “self sustaining account.”
Why not saved that $14 for your own “self sustaining account” for your retirement . IMO.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you need to be in debt in the tune of $14K to have a “self sustaining account.”
Why not saved that $14 for your own “self sustaining account” for your retirement . IMO.
Its all about selling more points and transfering $ from your bank account to theirs. Some would call this Wyndham helping owners?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week we were at Wyndham Ocean Walk in Daytona. My wife always makes me go to the update because she likes the $100 gift card to shop with. The salesman told me I needed a "self sustaining account". Basically he tried to add a contract for 84000 points for $14k and then I would used the new points to pay my maintenance and most of my payment and still pay the same amount I was already paying in maintenance per month. He also was giving us enough bonus points to be VIP for 2 years. I heard several people around me and they were basically doing the same approach. I told one couple about TUG who was getting ready to take the plunge. They also kept talking about a new program called Blue Thread where you get several more resorts and supposedly can book a 2bedroom for as little as 105k points but nobody could ever show me on paper what it really was.
Wyndham math at its finest. I have been told this is how Wyndham helps owners to utilize their account. It really works if you believe and buy all developer points and go all in .

ElCid87

Reaction score
This is the same premise used at Great Smokies Lodge this past weekend (Veterans Day)

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
This was also what was tried with me at Glacier Canyon and one or two other places I have attended "updates." What I understood of the pitch was if I bought more points I would be assigned the salesman I was talking to as my account manager and he would help me rent out my points using Wyndham Vacation Rentals (which I believe was what Destinations just sold off). With some creative financing I would be paying less than I am right now and thanks to his great work I would recoup all of my maintenance fees using a portion of my points. Of course, there was no guarantee with any of this, and if it was such a great deal, why wouldn't the salespeople be doing this to make themselves enough money that they wouldn't need to sell Wyndham points?

Lies and exaggerations for sure!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was also what was tried with me at Glacier Canyon and one or two other places I have attended "updates." What I understood of the pitch was if I bought more points I would be assigned the salesman I was talking to as my account manager and he would help me rent out my points using Wyndham Vacation Rentals (which I believe was what Destinations just sold off). With some creative financing I would be paying less than I am right now and thanks to his great work I would recoup all of my maintenance fees using a portion of my points. Of course, there was no guarantee with any of this, and if it was such a great deal, why wouldn't the salespeople be doing this to make themselves enough money that they wouldn't need to sell Wyndham points?

Lies and exaggerations for sure!
Just plain old Wyndham math and it never adds up.