• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recommendations at Massanutten and surrounding area.

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know about the new fee, etc. but I am going to Massanutten at the end of the month. If you have any attraction or restaurant recommendations I surely would appreciate it.

If anyone is going to be there the week starting July 29th and wants to meet up, just let me know!!

TIA: Oh yeah, I will be on my motorized scooter so I can't do caverns or lots of stairs.

LStormont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love the Drive Through Safari. Also Thunderbird Diner, Logan Cabin BBQ great choices for food.

poorguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Following. We will be there a week starting 7/21. Looking for ideas as well.
Any trail runners out there let me know. Looking forward to checking out the trails.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just did Safari Park a few weeks ago. If you go, eat at the Pink Cadillac Diner (think that is the name.). Also did Natural Bridge which is nearby.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Following. We will be there a week starting 7/21. Looking for ideas as well.
Any trail runners out there let me know. Looking forward to checking out the trails.

On their site check out the mountain biking trail map. Since it is graded in difficulty it could be a good guide to the difficulty. It takes into account mostly trail surface but does allow for steeper trails to be rated higher. We bike but see many more hikers and runners than bikers. The trails there are beautiful and very well maintained. If you have any particular like in the way of trails I might be able to help.

poorguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
On their site check out the mountain biking trail map. Since it is graded in difficulty it could be a good guide to the difficulty. It takes into account mostly trail surface but does allow for steeper trails to be rated higher. We bike but see many more hikers and runners than bikers. The trails there are beautiful and very well maintained. If you have any particular like in the way of trails I might be able to help.
Awesome. Thanks. I was checking out that map. Wondered how they determine difficulty though. I was thinking I would start on the easier ones and work may way up. I am training for some fall races so will probably get about 50 miles in the week we are there. Mostly hoping to avoid any bears along the way. It’s pretty flat where I live in IL. Hoping to challenge myself on a few climbs. How is the terrain in general? I didn’t have room to pack my trail shoes but as long as it doesn’t get too technical I think I should be ok. Thanks!

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks. I was checking out that map. Wondered how they determine difficulty though. I was thinking I would start on the easier ones and work may way up. I am training for some fall races so will probably get about 50 miles in the week we are there. Mostly hoping to avoid any bears along the way. It’s pretty flat where I live in IL. Hoping to challenge myself on a few climbs. How is the terrain in general? I didn’t have room to pack my trail shoes but as long as it doesn’t get too technical I think I should be ok. Thanks!

Since it is on a mountain there is a lot of climbing. If you go over and park at the western slope most of the grade is fairly tame. Trails 10 and 37 run under the peak and are not very steep and beautiful. If you park at the overlook you will definitely have more grade. The purple loop is one of our favorites. It climbs a lot but not at a huge grade. It does get tough for a few hundred feet as you climb or descend from Kaylor's knob trail. Kaylor's Knob would be a good challenge. I know they are there but I have never seen a bear.

poorguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since it is on a mountain there is a lot of climbing. If you go over and park at the western slope most of the grade is fairly tame. Trails 10 and 37 run under the peak and are not very steep and beautiful. If you park at the overlook you will definitely have more grade. The purple loop is one of our favorites. It climbs a lot but not at a huge grade. It does get tough for a few hundred feet as you climb or descend from Kaylor's knob trail. Kaylor's Knob would be a good challenge. I know they are there but I have never seen a bear.
Cool. Thanks!

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

You may already be familiar but I get good use out of the AllTrails App. Free version is awesome for local trail descriptions and directions to t-head but Pro version has additional features I like.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score

Shenandoah Valley

CrossKeys Vineyards Mount Crawford

White Oak Lavender Farm &
The Purple WOLF Vineyard

First Fridays in Downtown Harrisonburg

Stroll the streets of downtown Harrisonburg
the first Friday (Aug 03,18) of every month
enjoy extended eveig hours at many shops.

Back Home on the Farm
2915 Willow Run Rd.
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
Phone: 540-442-6493
Admission Fee

Animals - Gardens - Tea - County Store
*Most activities are handicap accessible*
Porta-potties scattered throughout the
grounds with hand-wash stations adjacent.
Permanent restrooms in the main building.

https://backhome-onthefarm.com/