• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Record Transfer Time 6 weeks one day!!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
That rather scares me. I have 2 contracts that I need to get rid of, but they will cancel reservations to award full points to the new owner.

Yeah for lower MF and Outrigger, though! :)

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would not suggest attempting to change ownership on stripped contracts.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
375K Bali Hai received by Wyndham May 25 and in account today!

Total 6 weeks one day!

Also mf’s are $20 per month less than advertised. Surprisingly came with Outrigger club which I thought didn’t happen with resale.
Outrigger Club does come with resales at resorts that qualify. Wyndham actually got it right for you.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you consider a stripped contract ?
If an owner has used all 2018 use year points and sell the contract now that won’t close till November. Are they selling a “stripped contract” ?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

This brings up some things of interest that OP might be able to answer.

1. From what OP have said in their posts I thought Wyndham would cancel reservations to make the points available. Of course those reservations could already have been used so that wouldn't be an option. Did someone post that they were given the option of waiting for there to be more points available or paying for/renting the points needed so the deed or contract could be transferred?

2. I thought that Wyndham has been much more careful since the freeze in August 2016 and doesn't allow contracts or deeds to be transferred if there are issues, especially an issue like this.

3. I also thought Wyndham managed to get back the vast majority of those stripped deeds and contracts.

4. Aren't we getting close to the timeframe that those stripped deeds and contracts now or will soon have more points in them? The freeze was in August of 2016 and we are getting close to the 2019 use year given the time it takes to get a deed or contract transferred.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So when did your clock start ticking? Is it from purchase or deed recording? And where do you look in Hawaii? I can't even get my developer purchase to read correctly, no less two more resales.

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let’s see how long mine will take. I got my paperwork from Sumday (recorded deed) yesterday and I’m assuming Wyndham should have theirs soon. I don’t have an account yet, so I won’t know exactly when it’s ready, but hopefully it’s sooner than later so I can make a reservation for next year.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a 126,000 point deed transfer today. 4 weeks from the time Wyndham received all paper work, resort transfer fee and the recorded deed. Big problem is I now have a negative points balance of 125,500 when I had a 500 point balance yesterday. Spent over 1 hour on phone getting the run around when in the past points balance would be adjusted to 0 while on the phone.