• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redweek seller got scared away?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I finally found the week I wanted on Redweek to buy at the right price free. I asked if it was still available. I got a yes within a few hours.

I sent another note repeating what was in his listing to make sure it was correct and saying if so I would like to get it. Two days later no response.

I think I must have scared the seller away but not sure why. I told him I belong to the timeshare user group and asked if he is a member. Wonder if that scared him away. :shrug:

Oh well, my search continues for that Blue Ridge Village week. Life happens, maybe in time he will respond. Maybe I will email him again.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I would email again stating your interest. Anything could have happened. My sales always seem to happen while I am traveling (it never fails). During the last sale, I discovered that every email that I sent from my phone that had any kind of attachment got stuck in my outbox. I am sure that my buyer thought I was a flake. Give them another try.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally found the week I wanted on Redweek to buy at the right price free. I asked if it was still available. I got a yes within a few hours.

I sent another note repeating what was in his listing to make sure it was correct and saying if so I would like to get it. Two days later no response.

I think I must have scared the seller away but not sure why. I told him I belong to the timeshare user group and asked if he is a member. Wonder if that scared him away. :shrug:

Oh well, my search continues for that Blue Ridge Village week. Life happens, maybe in time he will respond. Maybe I will email him again.

Life DOES happen, as I personally found out this week in a big way. I hope you two are able to connect. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Think positive thoughts. I know it's hard not to get anxious when you find exactly what you're looking for and it's within your grasp, but can't quite make it happen. Perhaps someone else was interested also and contacted the owner first and they are trying to make sure it's going to go through before they communicate back to you. Who knows? I hope it works out for you! :)

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back in the nineties we discovered Fairfield glade for our spring break and wanted to buy week 13 there. We went to a resale broker in the area, and he didn't have anything. I remember seeing an ad on what I think was tug and trying to contact the owner several times, to no avail. I think I was lucky I never bought that week, seeing what happened to thevtomeshare resale market. A few years later we joined tug. What made he recall this was the thread saying tug was 24 years old, so I think tug was relatively new when I saw that ad.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Maybe posting on here is good luck. Just heard from the seller. He is not a tug member. Told him to check us out.

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
...My sales always seem to happen while I am traveling (it never fails). During the last sale, I discovered that every email that I sent from my phone that had any kind of attachment got stuck in my outbox. I am sure that my buyer thought I was a flake...

Well, maybe it's because you're always traveling, klpca!!! ;):D:D:D;)

I have the same problem. I can sit on a listing for weeks without anything happening, and then escape on a romantic vacation with DH, and BOOM!!! - my inbox is full of inquiries. I always take my computer with me now, but local WiFi and Skype don't always cooperate - especially when we're out of the country.