• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rental Car near WDW

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
I am going to WDW with my fam over Spring Break. We are going to stay in our Hilton timeshare first and then at Saratoga Springs for a week. I want to rent a car for the first week of our trip when we are not on Disney property (if you think I should rent a car while at SSR, let me know!)

I am wondering if I can pick up at the airport and return to a rental car place close to Saratoga Springs. Anyone know if there are rental car locations near SSR (Budget specifically)? If so, what do I put down as the return location?

If the answer is no, I guess that we’ll opt for my hubby or I to return the rental to the airport and then take the Magic Express shuttle back to SSR.

seascapemvy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can rent the car at the airport and return it to the car care center near Magic Kingdom.

Car Rentals Guests looking to explore Orlando, Florida are invited to rent a car via Alamo Rent-A-Car or National Car Rental located at the Car Care Center. Please call (407) 824-3470 to schedule a pick-up appointment. Learn more about Car Rental Services at Walt Disney World Resort.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Avis, Budget and Dollar have rental locations in the World Hotels. The closest are Avis at the Hilton and Dollar at Wyndham. The car care location has a shuttle to SSR as well as a number of parks.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
We flew into Tampa, stayed overnight, rented with Alamo and drove to Disney the next day. It was very easy, dropped car at Disney Car Care Center, shuttle dropped us off at Poly. Very convenient! :thumbup:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm doing something similar - but in reverse. I'm at SSR first.

I plan on picking up at Alamo at Swan (or maybe it's dolphin) and then returning to MCO. The reason is I can take Disney transport to pick up the car. I don't believe there is any free transport to go to the car care center.

Which reminds me....I need to book that!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
On our next trip in August, we don't need a car the entire vaca, 8 nights, just a few days, planning a day trip to Daytona or New Smyna Beach. So, we will take DME from MCO, both ways and in between we will rent a car from National or Alamo, pick up either at Swan or Disney Car Care Center and return to that location, hop the shuttle back. For some reason, I seem to recall a phone conversation from our October trip with Disney that they provide a shuttle from Car Care Center both ways, but I will check. Hoping, but no big deal!

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I'm doing something similar - but in reverse. I'm at SSR first.

I plan on picking up at Alamo at Swan (or maybe it's dolphin) and then returning to MCO. The reason is I can take Disney transport to pick up the car. I don't believe there is any free transport to go to the car care center.

Which reminds me....I need to book that!

On our next trip in August, we don't need a car the entire vaca, 8 nights, just a few days, planning a day trip to Daytona or New Smyna Beach. So, we will take DME from MCO, both ways and in between we will rent a car from National or Alamo, pick up either at Swan or Disney Car Care Center and return to that location, hop the shuttle back. For some reason, I seem to recall a phone conversation from our October trip with Disney that they provide a shuttle from Car Care Center both ways, but I will check. Hoping, but no big deal!

The Car Care Center provides free shuttle service between the CCC and WDW locations. You call them to set it up - sorry I don’t have the phone number.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
Thanks, TheHolleys87! Nice to have the convenience at Disney.

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
The car care center is really great about shuttling you either direction. In case you have any difficulties with your car, they generally can put you in a different vehicle immediately bc of their high volume. I have used them several times. I have also used Enterprise at B Resort, less than a mile (iirc!) from Saratoga Springs. (I have walked it before.)

More recently, I took an Uber over to Budget at Park Inn by Radisson, about a five minute drive from the Animal Kingdom area of WDW. If you are able to search Costco and enter "Lake Buena Vista, FL" as your pickup, you will find a dozen places near WDW, with some a quick Uber away and others on Hotel Drive that you can walk to from SS. I usually check 6-10 to find the best deal at the time, since it is always in flux. HTH and good luck!

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are rental car locations near SSR (Budget specifically)? If so, what do I put down as the return location?
If you put "Lake Buena Vista, FL" as the return, that might force all the possible returns to show up for you, depending on what company you are using. You could also try "Walt Disney World Resort".

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless you plan on spending a lot of time outside of the Disney bubble once you are staying at SSR, I don't think you need or have to have a car. We have done it plenty of times with it and without it.

There are many who don't like to use Disney transportation. We have no problem with it. If we do have a car, we might use it for a dinner at another resort.