• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind Westin Nanea

Where can I find the language in the agreement to rescind the timeshare

• Purchase agreement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loan agreement

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cbarbieri

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
We just signed up for an even year on Friday, November 30 and I am having cold feet because I feel like we can get something cheaper does anybody know where I can find the recision language before it’s too late. I looked through all the paperwork and can’t seem to find it.

Thank you

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
The letter should be in the closing documentation.

From the “Vistana Signature Experiences” Forum on TUG
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...ut-wkorv-wkorvn-vs-nanea.275335/#post-2158140

Just wanted to document for reference for others:
* 6/15 - purchased at Nanea from VSE (10% deposit by credit card); rescission date is 6/22
* 6/16 - found TUG and it's excellent resources
* 6/18 - submitted rescind letters to HI & FL addresses via USPS certified mail ($7.90 for both letters) - I just sent a copy of the recision letter included in the closing documents + a copy of the contract cover page (with all of the detail) to each address (just in case)
* 6/19 - left some documents and collateral I received in the room (didn't want to deal with return post nor dealing with sales); I kept the copy of the purchase agreement; we were OK if they withheld the $25
* 6/19 - letter was received at HI address
* 6/25 - letter was received at FL address
* 6/27 - full deposit refunded onto the credit card

Thank you all for your helpful advice and building such a great community here with such in-depth FAQs. It was very helpful for us. We will still consider buying via resale, but that's for some future date. Thanks again.

fluke

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just signed up for an even year on Friday, November 30 and I am having cold feet because I feel like we can get something cheaper does anybody know where I can find the recision language before it’s too late. I looked through all the paperwork and can’t seem to find it.

Thank you
Not sure where it is but if you have any doubts rescind immediately. Time is the most critical factor and you only have the short period to do it. It should be plainly included in the contract. Hopefully, someone will chime in. I would keep searching. If you search multiple times and still can't find it I think it would be worth the $ to consult a lawyer ( today). But as I said those instructions have to be in the contract.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't need a specific text for a rescission letter. Just a simple, 'I wish to rescind and cancel the purchase of contract #_____________ Dated _________

Signed ______________Husband _______________Wife
oughtta do it.

Mail it to the business office, not the resort, USPS Certified w/return receipt so you know it is delivered. Time is critical, so get it in the mail, pronto.

Jim

Cbarbieri

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
Not sure where it is but if you have any doubts rescind immediately. Time is the most critical factor and you only have the short period to do it. It should be plainly included in the contract. Hopefully, someone will chime in. I would keep searching. If you search multiple times and still can't find it I think it would be worth the $ to consult a lawyer ( today). But as I said those instructions have to be in the contract.
Thank you, I will look again.

Cbarbieri

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
You don't need a specific text for a rescission letter. Just a simple, 'I wish to rescind and cancel the purchase of contract #_____________ Dated _________

Signed ______________Husband _______________Wife
oughtta do it.

Mail it to the business office, not the resort, USPS Certified w/return receipt so you know it is delivered. Time is critical, so get it in the mail, pronto.

Jim
Thank you Jim, we’ll do this today.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats, safe to say you just saved a very large amount of money!