• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

Tiffany Jones

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Hello all,

I signed my contract in Florida but notice the property listed on my documents is in Illinois. Florida has a 10 day rescission period but Illinois has a 5 day rescission period. Which one do I follow? I will dropping my rescission letter and other documents in the mail tomorrow.

Thank in advance

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the law that applies is from the state where you BOUGHT the timeshare (or more specifically, where you signed the contract).

not your home state.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we are glad you found us in time too!

Tiffany Jones

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Rescission letter sent! Will be delivered on Friday. Should I follow up?

iris4704

Reaction score
They are not under obligation to inform you of any cancellation or refund. They legally have up to 45 days to refund you everything but it usually does not take that long. If you paid by credit card, monitor your credit card activity to check for any refund.

As long as you followed the directions for rescinding correctly, they must process your rescission. Also, there's no need to ask them about it because they might try to talk you out of rescinding.
I did pay with my credit card, I will continue to monitor my credit card for refund. Thanks for the info! :)

Tiffany Jones

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
we are glad you found us in time too!

Hi there,
I sent the rescind letter via certified mail on Wednesday. It's was scheduled to be delivered yesterday but still showing as not. I had 10 days to cancel per the contract. They may not receive it until Monday due to the weekend and the hurricane delaying mail. Will that be too late? I'm getting nervous. Thx

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the rescission date counts for the date you sent it *postmark*...not the date they get it.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Should I follow up?

No! There's no need to follow up. Just monitor your credit card activity and watch for any refund. Legally, they have up to 45 days to refund you but it usually does not take that long. The reason why we on TUG advise against following up is that, if you phone, they will try to twist your arm again to get you to change your mind They might make a revised offer or perhaps scare you into thinking that there will be serious legal and financial consequences if you rescind.

As long as you followed the rescission instructions carefully, you will be fine.

Tiffany Jones

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Thanks... I've been tracking my package and it still has not been delivered. It now says package is available for pickup. I hope they get it tomorrow so I can put this all behind me and finally get some sleep.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks... I've been tracking my package and it still has not been delivered. It now says package is available for pickup. I hope they get it tomorrow so I can put this all behind me and finally get some sleep.
It doesn't matter when it's delivered. The date that counts is the date it's sent- or postmarked. So..... Pleasant Dreams!

Tiffany Jones

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Thanks but they are suppose to start collecting payment Nov 1.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks but they are suppose to start collecting payment Nov 1.
They won't. That's over 2 weeks away. If- on the outside chance it's charged, it will be reimbursed pronto. You're not dealing with Wastegate here. You'll be fine.

Jim

Tiffany Jones

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Lmbo @ "you're not dealing with Westgate"

Omg... I almost thought about purchasing with them first.

Reaction score
Hey guys just a follow up because like many.. I’m getting nervous something went wrong with mine. We purchased in Florida on the 4th and mailed the letter on the 9th to cancel. This was right before the hurricane and that delayed delivery. This is what tracking shows:

October 16, 2018, 1:13 pm
Delivered, PO Box
BOCA RATON, FL 33431
Your item has been delivered and is available at a PO Box at 1:13 pm on October 16, 2018 in BOCA RATON, FL 33431.

However, we didn’t send it to a PO Box.. we mailed it to the address listed above in the forum which is the same our instructions said to deliver to. I also send a letter on the 10th day since i got nervous due to the hurricane. The second letter just had a note attached explaining why. As of last week no “future points” were showing up in our Bluegreen account but now it shows they will Be in our account 11/1/18. I haven’t heard from Bluegreen and also haven’t received my return receipt.

Should i call anyone? Or just keep waiting.

Reaction score
Just a follow up.. i did stop by the post office today and they confirmed it was delivered and signed for the 16th. They provided me with a copy of the signature. However, Tiffany above sent hers the day after me and it arrived about the same time. She got an email and refund last week.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a follow up.. i did stop by the post office today and they confirmed it was delivered and signed for the 16th. They provided me with a copy of the signature. However, Tiffany above sent hers the day after me and it arrived about the same time. She got an email and refund last week.
Ben, stop worrying. You can't do anything to hurry the process. The fact that Tiffany got a refund has no bearing on yours. You have proof of delivery. Your rescission WILL be processed, and you have been told already that it can take up to 45 days depending on your card's billing cycle. So, stop worrying and cool your jets. If nothing has happened by Thanksgiving, write a follow up letter, but for now, go back to life as you know it.

Jim

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bluegreen still have a person in Williamsburg,VA at the outlet malls trying to set-up appt's for Bluegreen sales pitch.

RKKAY514

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen vacations
so glad you found us in time! you just saved a fortune!

no need to fret if you sent off the letter within your rescission period to the correct address, they will honor your cancellation.

and now you can go pick up BG points on the resale market for literally nothing.
Hi I purchased Bluegreen vacations on Dec.27 2018 and seeing all the complains I want out. I made my rescission letter and my question is when you have the letter certified is that when the post office stamps the letter itself with a date?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hi I purchased Bluegreen vacations on Dec.27 2018 and seeing all the complains I want out. I made my rescission letter and my question is when you have the letter certified is that when the post office stamps the letter itself with a date?

Welcome to TUG, glad you found us in time. Please consider becoming an official TUG member which support this wonderful site. It is only $15.

Certified Mail is a special USPS service that provides proof of mailing via a receipt to the sender. With electronic USPS Tracking, the sender is notified when the mailing was delivered or that a delivery attempt was made.

Certified Mail costs $3.35. That fee is in addition to the First Class Mail or Priority Mail delivery fee to send the mailpiece. Additional services for Certified Mail include Return Receipt. The cost of Return Receipt is $2.75 for a mailed receipt or $1.45 for an Electronic Receipt that is emailed to you.

It is proof you sent it and they received it.
475FFD20-F061-4D7A-A289-773320265483.jpeg

Last edited:

RKKAY514

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen vacations
Welcome to TUG, glad you found us in time. Please consider becoming an official TUG member which support this wonderful site. It is only $15.

Certified Mail is a special USPS service that provides proof of mailing via a receipt to the sender. With electronic USPS Tracking, the sender is notified when the mailing was delivered or that a delivery attempt was made.

Certified Mail costs $3.35. That fee is in addition to the First Class Mail or Priority Mail delivery fee to send the mailpiece. Additional services for Certified Mail include Return Receipt. The cost of Return Receipt is $2.75 for a mailed receipt or $1.45 for an Electronic Receipt that is emailed to you.

View attachment 9673
Thanks for all that info. I have one more question. I read the rescission letter again and it said I have to provide a telephonic to bluegreen

View attachment 9673
Thank you for all that information. I have one more question. In the rescission letter it says I have to make a telephonic notice to Club Develoer (Bluegreen)within the 5 days period. That means I have to call them and let them know that am canceling? If i do what number do I call because I only see sale office number or can I just call sale office number?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for all that info. I have one more question. I read the rescission letter again and it said I have to provide a telephonic to bluegreen

Thank you for all that information. I have one more question. In the rescission letter it says I have to make a telephonic notice to Club Develoer (Bluegreen)within the 5 days period. That means I have to call them and let them know that am canceling? If i do what number do I call because I only see sale office number or can I just call sale office number?
The definition of telephonic is telephone call. Does it actually say that or does it give you a choice? I never heard of that but it can be something new they are doing. If you have to call they will do everything and say anything to try to talk you out of canceling. Make sure you are clear and stay firm on your cancellation.

I do not know what the number that you have to call, maybe another tugger will know.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
that would be a first for me too to hear you have to call, vs it just being an option to do so. If it were a requirement it would have to include the number.

be sure to read that section very carefully and follow the instructions to the letter and you will be all set!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
that would be a first for me too to hear you have to call, vs it just being an option to do so. If it were a requirement it would have to include the number.

be sure to read that section very carefully and follow the instructions to the letter and you will be all set!
If the developer actual can legally require you to have to call this is just more harassment to the consumer. Please, hope it’s not so.

RKKAY514

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen vacations
The definition of telephonic is telephone call. Does it actually say that or does it give you a choice? I never heard of that but it can be something new they are doing. If you have to call they will do everything and say anything to try to talk you out of canceling. Make sure you are clear and stay firm on your cancellation.

I do not know what the number that you have to call, maybe another tugger will know.
Thank you so much for replying to my questions. You have been very helpful, am glad there is a forum like this where people help each others in need. Thanks again.