• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescission period for Nevada, specifically Wyndham Grand Desert purchase

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We had a guest attend a timeshare presentation while at Grand Desert, and she bought a measly contract for a whopping amount of $$$$.

She wants to rescind, but I told her I thought the rescind period was 5 days in Nevada, which makes it a day or two late. Please advice if it's 5 days or 5 business days, as she did buy this past weekend.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a guest attend a timeshare presentation while at Grand Desert, and she bought a measly contract for a whopping amount of $$$$.

She wants to rescind, but I told her I thought the rescind period was 5 days in Nevada, which makes it a day or two late. Please advice if it's 5 days or 5 business days, as she did buy this past weekend.

Either way, today is Friday. Get the rescission letter in the mail and postmarked! Otherwise it won't be postmarked til Monday.

I'm assuming it's business days, but your guess is as good as mine. That is at least a defensible position. http://rcivip.com/timeshare-rescission-period-in-us/

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing to lose but te cost of a certified letter

f3ichen

Reaction score
the address for rescind?

Hello, I am in the same boat. tomorrow 4/1/2013 is the fifth day.Do you you know which address to send the letter to? is it the emerald grande in Florida (listed as seller) or wyndham vacation address (PO box in las vegas)? which is the servicer for the installment? Thank you so much your help greatly appreciated since time is the essence here.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The rescission instructions- and address- will be in the bundle of stuff you signed. It won't be prominent. Follow them exactly and have the letter postmarked tomorrow and you'll be fine.

Good Luck!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The rescission instructions- and address- will be in the bundle of stuff you signed. It won't be prominent. Follow them exactly and have the letter postmarked tomorrow and you'll be fine.

Good Luck!

It is prominent...I will be in bold print, directly above the signature block on your purchase and sale agreement

Do what it says, but dont be overly concerned about how it gets there. When I did this the rescission process was will under way before Wyndham got my letter. They started work based on an email we sent. Wyndham will hold you to your deal if you miss the deadline (5 calendar days as deannak posted above) but whether its certified or regular mail isnt important...proof that you took action (a postmark) before the deadline is probably enough..In my case an email did the trick (and no, I dont know where we sent that email...my wife did it, and it was 2.5 years ago)

f3ichen

Reaction score
Thank you Ron,

on the contract above the signature sign has no address, just said I have the right to cancel within 5 days midnight and has to delivered personally or by mail to developer business address (it doesn't list any address in particular)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Ron,

on the contract above the signature sign has no address, just said I have the right to cancel within 5 days midnight and has to delivered personally or by mail to developer business address (it doesn't list any address in particular)

In that case I dont know what to say. I sent you an email wit the address I used and is on the contract we rescinded two years ago

I think I would send something to one or several of the following

By Mail
Owner Care

Wyndham Vacation Resorts
6277 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, FL 32821

Financial Services

Wyndham Vacation Resorts - Financial Services
P.O. Box 98940
Las Vegas, NV 89193-8940

By Fax
Owner Care
1-407-370-6328
Financial Services
1-702-304-4217

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

Good Luck!

It is prominent...I will be in bold print, directly above the signature block on your purchase and sale agreement

Do what it says, but dont be overly concerned about how it gets there. When I did this the rescission process was will under way before Wyndham got my letter. They started work based on an email we sent. Wyndham will hold you to your deal if you miss the deadline (5 calendar days as deannak posted above) but whether its certified or regular mail isnt important...proof that you took action (a postmark) before the deadline is probably enough..In my case an email did the trick (and no, I dont know where we sent that email...my wife did it, and it was 2.5 years ago)

While it might be that they are supposed to list it prominently, it's not always done that way. I'm sure/certain the developers copy contains exactly what is required by law but what ends up in the customers bundle might not be the same.

As a for instance, I had a friend buy a timeshare despite my telling her not too buy at developer pricing. When I was able to show her resale pricing for the exact same timeshare, she wanted to rescind but couldn't find the information. I had her bring the contract to work and she was right, it had been removed from her copy, probably at the time they take everything you've signed back to the copy desk.

In the end it didn't work. We mailed a letter to the sales office and corporate headquaters. Some sales offices are just downright dishonest.

Shlie2001

Reaction score
We also got sucked into the timeshare trap. I woke up the day after signing it and knew we had to cancel. We walked into Wyndham Las Vegas that day and signed some sort of rescission letter that was in our packet. The timeshare employee date stamped it and gave us a copy. Will that suffice? I am worried because the whole process seemed shady and the guy seems like a sleeze.

Reaction score
Will that work? Most likely, the letter will be delivered to the trash. That's a HUGE commission that they do not want to lose.

It is said countless times here that there is one and only one way to rescind: sending it to the address on the contract. If they do NOT rescind, and you're stuck with it, we can help you out with your new ownership - instead of hating that you have it at a high price, use it!

TS

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also got sucked into the timeshare trap. I woke up the day after signing it and knew we had to cancel. We walked into Wyndham Las Vegas that day and signed some sort of rescission letter that was in our packet. The timeshare employee date stamped it and gave us a copy. Will that suffice? I am worried because the whole process seemed shady and the guy seems like a sleeze.

Hang on to this copy. It may be the proof you need. I'd also send the rescission letter to the address in the packet just to be sure.

Jim

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
posted in error

Last edited:

ISellTime

Reaction score

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
She is SOL. Dont waste your money mailing stuff. Dont sign papers unless you read them first.
Nothing like replying to a 5 YEAR-OLD thread. But thanks.

Sparky16

Reaction score
Help !! Got stuck with jockey club and missed 5 day limit . What can I do ??
Has anyone tried sapphire cancellation service out of Florida??
Should have googled Nevada policy .