• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RHC Due diligence - How?

J

JoeMid

Blondie said:
Today I called RHC and was able to upgrade to the Pres unit (I had a studio reserved for August as that was all they had at that time) and I am happy. Lynda
Did they charge you cash to cancel the original Studio reservation? I wonder why they had additional availability in the larger size unit, cancellation, maybe?

J

JoeMid

MaryH said:
RHC will now only reunify 3 contracts or try to sell you another 5k contractfrom them
reunify implies that they were once unified and I don't think that is the case. At the time I got 7 contracts unified, others were being told that they had to buy more points to make it happen. Guess I was lucky, guess I won't be buying any more contracts. With all the unhappy RHC owners out there, it would seem they'd like to have a bunch of happy ones.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
JoeMid said:
reunify implies that they were once unified and I don't think that is the case. At the time I got 7 contracts unified, others were being told that they had to buy more points to make it happen. Guess I was lucky, guess I won't be buying any more contracts. With all the unhappy RHC owners out there, it would seem they'd like to have a bunch of happy ones.

JoeMid,

How many points total and how long ago did you unified it?

Sorry, I meant to say unifying the contracts. I was told originally I can do it and the rep told me in Oct and again in Nov/Dec that 5 contracts is not a problems. Apparently they starting holding up the larger unification around mid Nov for a board vote and the vote went through to put the limit on unifying 3 contracts.

If you wanted to buy more contracts, just get your spouse or a family member to buy it and buy larger chunks. Not quite as cheap as addiing to you holding at about 1 - 1.2 cent per M/F but at 60K you can be at about 1.5-1.6.

But at this point, I would not add to my holding since RHC is changing their rules all the time and I am getting too many surprises.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Blondie said:
Hi Mary- Sorry to hear that. I did have some trouble as you know- but I finally got it fixed. I think if you unify what you have and your sister unifies the others you will still be fine, albeit paying a little more in Maint fees. You bought smart so you will still have good value in the end. I got my two reservations for NYC and since that was my goal all along I am happy. Good luck to you. Lynda

Hi Lynda,

I remembered your problems last year. I am glad things got straightened out in the end.

Well, all 5 contract are purchased under joint names but I am hoping they will reunify it in two lots 60k and 30K. I cannot make any reservation right now since I need to wait for the unification to finish before paying M/F and SA which means I cannot make reservations and thus wait in limbo and RHC does not get their money :( :rolleyes:

Last edited:
J

JoeMid

MaryH said:
JoeMid, How many points total and how long ago did you unified it? But at this point, I would not add to my holding since RHC is changing their rules all the time and I am getting too many surprises.
7 contracts at an average contract size of 15K. I'm enjoying them but would not buy any more or do it again. I 'worked' all year last year to get them unified and they came together aound Sep/Oct timeframe (can't remember exactly, I'll check my paperwork if i can find it) but before billing etc for MFs and SAs.

J

JoeMid

MaryH said:
Hi Lynda, Well, all 5 contract are purchased under joint names but I am hoping they will reunify it in two lots 60k and 30K. I cannot make any reservation right now since I need to wait for the unification to finish before paying M/F and SA which means I cannot make reservations and thus wait in limbo and RHC does not get their money
They may require separate MF/SA payments before the unification. After you get them into two groups of 60/30 what's to stop you from unifying the two 'new' contracts to 90???:confused:

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I been assured before Xmas that I would be taken care and only have to pay the reunified MF and SA since the delay was due to admin problems on their part but I am not holding my breath.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
JoeMId- They did charge me the $40 fee for rebooking. I don't know where the inventory came from but I almost get the sense they release it slowly. I have seen postings here with info about availability well after I was told there was none. Now I am trying to get an answer about renting. One of the units I have is for 4 days and I am planning to rent it for three. I hope I can!

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lynda,

Since you have a presidential unit which is sleep 4, one option is to add the other person(s) on the reservation but it might need to be someone you trust since you would still be listed as the occupier.

prasadv1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I need help in transferring RHC membership to my name.
The original owner has sent all the documents to RHC in december 2005 to transfer the membership.
I am able to make resevations and use the points. But still all the transactions are listed in original owner's name.
I called RHC and asked the reason why the ownership is not transfeered to my name.
They say i have to send a letter to them stating that i am the new owner and I will be responsible for paying their fees etc. I alrady paid 2006 mtce fees and reserved vacation using my credit card. But they want a letter to the effect that i am the new owner and responsible for the fees.
I asked them to send a form for that.
The say they have no standard form , but i have to send them a letter.
I want to know any of the tuggers having a standard form for accepting the ownership or atleast a model letter to that effect.
Any help is appreciated. Prasad.

J

JoeMid

prasadv1 said:
But they want a letter to the effect that i am the new owner and responsible for the fees.
I asked them to send a form for that.
The say they have no standard form , but i have to send them a letter..
Welcome to the nightmare of RHC Admin. YES, they want your signature saying that you accept responsibility for the fees on the account. They want it notarized, too.

To Whom it May Concern,
I, xxxxxxx, assume responsibility for Royal Holiday Club Acct#yyyyy, that was transferred to me by zzzzzzz, on (date).

sign it
have it notarized
fax and mail it to RHC.
if you have copies of the transfer paperwork from the seller, include that
that should do it.

J

JoeMid

Blondie said:
JoeMId- They did charge me the $40 fee for rebooking. I don't know where the inventory came from but I almost get the sense they release it slowly. I have seen postings here with info about availability well after I was told there was none. Now I am trying to get an answer about renting. One of the units I have is for 4 days and I am planning to rent it for three. I hope I can!
$40 was a cancellation fee for the first reservation, that's the minimum they charge if it's far enough in advance.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
jerseygirl said:
I had online access when I purchased -- all records showed $0.00 due, maintenance fees up-to-date, etc. RHC confirmed this information verbally on more than one occasion.

A year later, RHC found that the 2003 maintenance fee had not been paid. Apparently, they credited the 2004 fee to 2004, and the 2005 fee to 2005, without ever noticing that the 2003 fee had never been paid. Hmmmm.....

That's awful! Isn't there some way to get an estoppel letter from RHC when you buy?

Also, if one uses a closing company, can they offer any sort of protection against these problems?

Last edited:

danmac156

TUG Member
Reaction score
JoeMid said:
Welcome to the nightmare of RHC Admin. YES, they want your signature saying that you accept responsibility for the fees on the account. They want it notarized, too.

To Whom it May Concern,
I, xxxxxxx, assume responsibility for Royal Holiday Club Acct#yyyyy, that was transferred to me by zzzzzzz, on (date).

sign it
have it notarized
fax and mail it to RHC.
if you have copies of the transfer paperwork from the seller, include that
that should do it.

Watch out for sending a fax. I sent a fax required for unification multiple times. Each time they claimed they did not get it. I scanned it and sent it via email and that did the trick.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
JudyS said:
That's awful! Isn't there some way to get an estoppel letter from RHC when you buy?

Sure, you can get an estoppel letter from RHC when you buy, but:

1. You'll never get it, even though they will tell you multiple times that they sent it; and

2. Even if you have it, that will not stop them from charging you when they "suddenly" discover unpaid fees from a few years back. "The estoppel letter only applied to that year's fees." Or something like that.

Just recognize that their administration is quite screwed up, and accept it (including the possibility of paying a couple of extra annual fees) as one of the costs of ownership.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
danmac156 said:
Watch out for sending a fax. I sent a fax required for unification multiple times. Each time they claimed they did not get it. I scanned it and sent it via email and that did the trick.

The fax is very screwed up. Many times I have sent faxes and told it has not been received and have to resend it. Have not tried e-mailing faxed copies yet maybe next time..

danmac156

TUG Member
Reaction score
RHC Unification Rules??

MaryH said:
JoeMid,

How many points total and how long ago did you unified it?

Sorry, I meant to say unifying the contracts. I was told originally I can do it and the rep told me in Oct and again in Nov/Dec that 5 contracts is not a problems. Apparently they starting holding up the larger unification around mid Nov for a board vote and the vote went through to put the limit on unifying 3 contracts.

If you wanted to buy more contracts, just get your spouse or a family member to buy it and buy larger chunks. Not quite as cheap as addiing to you holding at about 1 - 1.2 cent per M/F but at 60K you can be at about 1.5-1.6.

But at this point, I would not add to my holding since RHC is changing their rules all the time and I am getting too many surprises.

I agree with your last statement. I might add more points but they have to be CHEAP!
I unified two contracts last year. Does this mean I can add one more contract? Or, does it mean they will only unify 3 contracts at a time. The new rules further devalue the resale on the smaller contracts under 15K points in my opinion. I share 70K points with another couple and would like to add more but it seems only 20K and above makes sense. Everyone needs to beware of the "new" rule they hit me with. Buy a 20 year and a 25 year contract and now you only have 20 years left upon unification. Has anyone received a hard copy of their new contract after unification?

J

JoeMid

the "new" rule

danmac156 said:
Everyone needs to beware of the "new" rule they hit me with. Buy a 20 year and a 25 year contract and now you only have 20 years left upon unification. Has anyone received a hard copy of their new contract after unification?

Well, I received a request for feedback from a recent RHC stay this month. I rated the resort excellent but

1) I complained that they could get me a request for feedback but I NEVER received a confirmation to present at the resort(hotel) even after asking for it numerous times via phone and email. (I was able to see the reservation online (no printable confirmation as it was booked over the phone) and was able to email the hotel directly just before takeoff to confirm that I had a place to stay.)

2) I complained that they could get me a request for feedback but I've NEVER received a copy of my 'new' contract after unification and an explanation of the forshortened end date I was told over the phone. I got the email below today. Don't know whether to be Happy or Sad/Mad. :) because I like their resorts/hotels and I have relatively low MFs/pt being a Royal member -or- :mad: because I have to put up with their admin for another 30 years.

Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:40:43 -0500
To: ""JoeMid"
Subject: [44971] Royal Holiday Services

Dear Mr. Mid,
From October 2005,the date of the unification, you will have another
30 years of membership.
if you need further assistance, please let us know.
Best Regards !
Luis PLiego
E Center

J

JoeMid

Since I turn the magic 50 this year, I think I'll be bringing the end years forward at a rate of one per year, doubling up on the points every year.

danmac156

TUG Member
Reaction score
JoeMid said:
Well, I received a request for feedback from a recent RHC stay this month. I rated the resort excellent but

1) I complained that they could get me a request for feedback but I NEVER received a confirmation to present at the resort(hotel) even after asking for it numerous times via phone and email. (I was able to see the reservation online (no printable confirmation as it was booked over the phone) and was able to email the hotel directly just before takeoff to confirm that I had a place to stay.)

2) I complained that they could get me a request for feedback but I've NEVER received a copy of my 'new' contract after unification and an explanation of the forshortened end date I was told over the phone. I got the email below today. Don't know whether to be Happy or Sad/Mad. :) because I like their resorts/hotels and I have relatively low MFs/pt being a Royal member -or- :mad: because I have to put up with their admin for another 30 years.

Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:40:43 -0500
To: ""JoeMid"
Subject: [44971] Royal Holiday Services

Dear Mr. Mid,
From October 2005,the date of the unification, you will have another
30 years of membership.
if you need further assistance, please let us know.
Best Regards !
Luis PLiego
E Center

I also just turned 50 and would like to have the 30 years. I am going to send an email and see what they tell me. I have had three RHC reps tell me I have 30 years from unification, but the one who unified my contract says it went down to 20. What is reality?? Nothing is in writing.

They drive me nuts but the program is great for the resorts they have and the price most of us paid. I have sent 4 emails regarding my screwed up account [ $1,383 in fees showing onlinewhen I am paid up] with no response. April 1st I am in Ixtapa [Royal Villas] and believe me will be downing a few cervezas after all this. I will be sure to take pictures of the resort so I can help any other RHC owners interested in staying.

I made reservations for Ixtapa last June and have not received a confirmation for this April. I made another reservation for Lost Tule in PV in January and received an email confirmation a few weeks later. You just can't make sense of their administration.

I am really pleased to have found TUG and all you helpful RHC fellow owners. We are a "special" group who need to stick together to keep our sanity.

RonaldCol

Reaction score
Holiday Group Make Good on Brokering

I bought an RHC 30,000 annual use year for $0.05 per point (edited to correct incorrect information), or a total of $1500, from Holiday Group. I've learned a while back when one is dealing with transfers in regards to timeshares and timeshare-like products to be extremely patient, i.e. if you're in a hurry to use it upon purchase ... forget it.

After several months of waiting for the transfer to occur, Holiday Group finally formalized it by sending me hardcopy documents attesting to the fact that I am now the owner of the 30 year, 30,000 annual points RHC RTU.

Still I waited several months to make my first reservation. Meanwhile I started to receive, and download, past newsletters from RHC; all this exercise just to get flavor of how RHC operates.

Then I made my first reservation. Yes, despite all the precautions, etc., etc., RHC discovered that the previous owner hadn't paid some all-inclusive resort fee of about $300 plus change. What this meant to me was I couldn't make any reservations.

I contacted Holiday Group and told them they assured me that everything was a go. Needless to say I nailed them to the wall on this one. Within two days of contact, Holiday Group paid the $300 fee and pushed RHC to permit me to make reservations.

Every so often when I call to make reservations I ask the RHC counselor to check my payment records, and to this very day, they initially tell me I'm still not paid. Upon further investigations these very same counselors apologize and tell me that everything is cleared for reservations. This infers to me that they most likely have different accounting groups within the organization and the counselors must go higher up in their datafiles to see if the payments are current.

Last edited:
J

JoeMid

RonaldCol said:
I contacted Holiday Group and told them they assured me that everything was a go. Needless to say I nailed them to the wall on this one. Within two days of contact, Holiday Group paid the $300 fee and pushed RHC to permit me to make reservations.
Nice to hear that HolidayGroup made good, we pay them enough in closing costs, especially for an RHC contract change.
ColRonald said:
Every so often when I call to make reservations I ask the RHC counselor to check my payment records, and to this very day, they initially tell me I'm still not paid. Upon further investigations these very same counselors apologize and tell me that everything is cleared for reservations. This infers to me that they most likely have different accounting groups within the organization and the counselors must go higher up in their datafiles to see if the payments are current.
It infers to me that they are SNAFU.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Down to 1 London property

Just noticed that RHC is down to 1 London property. One of the things I liked is that they had 2 London property and I had noticed a price increase of credit required for 2 Hyde Park Sq. to a not very cost effective level for me but at least it is an option when I start running out of hotel nights.

On checking something for someone today, I noticed that London is only turning up Allen House with no availability and when I check the directory, 2 Hyde Park Sq. is no longer there :eek: :confused: :( :rolleyes:

With the SA, the problems with transfer and reunification, I am not a happy camper...