• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I can’t find the post on how to check on the status of a ROFR. My closing agent is away until the 18th, but I’d like to find out the status on a Grand Chateau EBay purchase.

I don’t know the answer to your question but my guess is you can call MVC? Just curious- what season was your GV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
It’s a 2 bedroom lockout -gold season EOY Even.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I received my closing documents today for signatures and a copy of the waiver. So, things are moving along nicely.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
So, my Grand Chateau did not pass. Information added to ROFR.net.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, I thought I had found something on TUG a while back detailing how to go to the registrar of deeds for the county where the timeshare is located. Thanks

ROFR is something internal to Marriott only and not something they ever record at the county. Even if they did it would not be recorded until everything is final.

The Marriott department that handles ROFR decisions is not a department that can be readily contacted. You could get there eventually but they make it difficult on purpose. It’s always easier to keep bugging the closing company.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
ROFR is something internal to Marriott only and not something they ever record at the county. Even if they did it would not be recorded until everything is final.

The Marriott department that handles ROFR decisions is not a department that can be readily contacted. You could get there eventually but they make it difficult on purpose. It’s always easier to keep bugging the closing company.

Thanks for your post. Since I’ve had 4 ROFR's in the last 2 months and 1 pass, I will be satisfied with the one and maybe try again at the end of the year. Too bad there’s no method to purchasing resales that are a guaranteed success.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Thanks for your post. Since I’ve had 4 ROFR's in the last 2 months and 1 pass, I will be satisfied with the one and maybe try again at the end of the year. Too bad there’s no method to purchasing resales that are a guaranteed success.

There is. Bid on a property that does not have ROFR. Not all Marriotts do you know....

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There is. Bid on a property that does not have ROFR. Not all Marriotts do you know....
Or start looking at Vistana. They only have a select few properties with ROFR>

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's mostly older properties (+NJ & St Thomas) that don't have ROFR, there are 13 IIRC total if you count Vail as 3.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bid a million dollars, you would be guaranteed success! :)

Failing that, perhaps you are offering too low a price?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Of course, you can just play the 'Rofr Roulette..' you never know where the wheel will land. Sooner or later, you'll get something.

There are some amazing reports on the forum......

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I received my closing documents today for signatures and a copy of the waiver. So, things are moving along nicely.

Update: The new deed was sent to the resort yesterday. This entire process took less than 30 days. Magical Reality was great! Thanks for suggesting them as one of the companies to use.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Son Antem Gold Season 2 Bed passed ROFR at €1700 ($1997) total cost
Just added to rofr.net

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Nice

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just lost on a 2BR platinum grande vista EOY for $1599

Vacation fun

Reaction score
It appears that Marriott is using more there ROFR latetley and is aggressive buying more weeks? Has anyone else notice this also? What are your thoughts on this? Also do they just look at the price or look to see who is buying to stop repeated buyers just wondering.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I can’t figure it out. Only one of my five attempts to purchase passed recently. I thought it was about the price or buying via EBay, but there are weeks that have passed for $1 and under $500.

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve lost on 3 attempts at Grand Chateau and Grande Vista the past 4 months. Trying again now at Grand Chateau.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I lost an MGR 3br EOY....I think they are grabbing the MGV/MGR's for some purpose...Hybrid, resale, trust, who knows?

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears that Marriott is using more there ROFR latetley and is aggressive buying more weeks? Has anyone else notice this also? What are your thoughts on this? Also do they just look at the price or look to see who is buying to stop repeated buyers just wondering.

In my last owner update in June 2018, the sales rep said that Marriott had $180 Million set aside for ROFR. This could be the result of that money.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The property I’m waiting to hear about has a 15 day ROFR. Are those business days or calendar days? Are they legally required to respond within that time period? If they don’t respond within 15 days, but respond on day 17 say, are they out of luck?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The property I’m waiting to hear about has a 15 day ROFR. Are those business days or calendar days? Are they legally required to respond within that time period? If they don’t respond within 15 days, but respond on day 17 say, are they out of luck?
I think they respond to the seller, it's not uncommon for the buyer to hear later.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Legally, as specified in the specific terms for the resort/property, if they fail to reply, then the right is (or isn't ) waived. You'd need to reference the specific ROFR statement that applies. I assume they are in the docs and not blanket based on the many variations. Good luck getting them to sign off if they choose to fight it.

I'm sure somebody has the written statement of ROFR for the resort you're waiting on....

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Legally, as specified in the specific terms for the resort/property, if they fail to reply, then the right is (or isn't ) waived. You'd need to reference the specific ROFR statement that applies. I assume they are in the docs and not blanket based on the many variations. Good luck getting them to sign off if they choose to fight it.

I'm sure somebody has the written statement of ROFR for the resort you're waiting on....
But the requirement is normally to respond to the seller and the response normally doesn't have to be received, only sent (postmarked, email, etc) by the required date. I'm not awar