• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Resorts-RCI or SFX?

cycart

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get a Royal Resort (preferably The Sands) in July 2008. I know RCI only deals with The Royal Mayan, which would be OK. I have had my 2007 3BR FF Kingsgate deposited w/RCI since July 2005.

Who do you think I have a better chance with...depositing my 2007 2 BR Mayan Palace week (which I can only do 6 months out) with SFX? or getting The Royal Mayan with RCI?

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
www.timeshareforums.com has an SFX rep. that will give you some idea on whether or not they will even take your week. They are picky. The rep., Mark, can also tell you if they get many Royal deposits.

Phil

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
cycart said:
I am looking to get a Royal Resort (preferably The Sands) in July 2008. I know RCI only deals with The Royal Mayan, which would be OK. I have had my 2007 3BR FF Kingsgate deposited w/RCI since July 2005.

Who do you think I have a better chance with...depositing my 2007 2 BR Mayan Palace week (which I can only do 6 months out) with SFX? or getting The Royal Mayan with RCI?

Think sfx pushes the Mayan palace and grand Mayan inventory more than royals. II gets most of the royals inventory.

JULY is not prime season and is gettable with rci. It also depends and what size unit you want . I see royal Mayan in rci but you need to be looking 18-24 months out. I would start an on gong search in rci now. Email me form time to time and i will check for you. I also one farfield and have never seen the royal with my fairfield deposits. But i do see it with my other week. But i have never tried searching with a three bedroom farifeld.

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think that it is very unlikely that you will get a Royal Mayan unit through RCI six months out with the Williamsburg unit that you will be using. I do not think that you have the trade power to obtain a Royal Mayan week through RCI. Even if you had a stronger unit, it would be very hard to obtain the Royal Mayan through RCI six months out. I think ithat f you have any shot at all, it is with SFX unless you can deposit your week with II. II has the overwhelming majority of Royal units.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Dani said:
I think that it is very unlikely that you will get a Royal Mayan unit through RCI six months out with the Williamsburg unit that you will be using. I do not think that you have the trade power to obtain a Royal Mayan week through RCI. Even if you had a stronger unit, it would be very hard to obtain the Royal Mayan through RCI six months out. I think ithat f you have any shot at all, it is with SFX unless you can deposit your week with II. II has the overwhelming majority of Royal units.

DANI

The original post said he is looking for a royal for july 2008. He has time to try with rci. But he may not get it. MUch better chance with II

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
jjking42 said:
DANI

The original post said he is looking for a royal for july 2008. He has time to try with rci. But he may not get it. MUch better chance with II

I see...it's the Mayan unit that the poster can only get 6 months out. Still...I do not think that RCI is the way to go for all of the reasons I stated. It doesn't much matter whether the poster has six months or two years. You never know, but I would not place my eggs in THAT basket due to the likely trade power of the week being used not due to lack of availability.

M&M

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI or SFX

I don't belong to RCI and haven't used them so I cannot really add anything about them, BUT I tried to use SFX to exchange into The Royal Sands ( also looking for a July week) and I was told by SFX that they do not really get much Royals inventory and that they didn't think they'd be able to help me.

I mentioned that I had heard that they (SFX) would try to acquire inventory to make an exchange. I was told again that they probably wouldn't be able to accommodate that request :confused:

So with that being said the OP may be better off with RCI for the RM

wbtimesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got into a lockoff at the Royal Islander

Just swapped a blue week at Christmas Mountain cottage for a week 20 lockoff unit at the Royal Mayan. A Club International had popped up but I didn't grab it in time. The only drawback on the lockoff is no kitchen facilities, so we will probably have to make an early trip to Walmart to grab some food and maybe a cooking utensil for those meals wherre we don't want to eat out. II is great in that it has all the Royals, but getting one takes patience and we were a little short of that this time around. We had an ongoing search but I kept checking daily just because my trust is not complete in that process.

I hope you can land a Royal somehow. After staying at Moon Palace last year, we kind of became attached to the chain resorts for their change of pace. From what I hear, the stable that Royal has may be somewhat nicer than the resorts that Palace resorts has on the stip.